FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

For me it's essential to play it with 1.0 exe (day and night difference compared to 1.07) as well as Anth's ball physics mod.

Also, Classic patch with it's terrible player stats does not do the justice to the game. Which is very sad as it's an impressive work otherwise.

For me it's essential to play it with 1.0 exe (day and night difference compared to 1.07) as well as Anth's ball physics mod.

Also, Classic patch with it's terrible player stats does not do the justice to the game. Which is very sad as it's an impressive work otherwise.
However, with version 1.00 the cgfs server does not work

I've always read of this as a big criticism of the patch, even the FIFA 14 version, why is this the case? I mean, understandable some physical stats of players were wrong totally, but technically I thought it was fine. But yes, the work on the players / leagues / teams was always really impressive.

imho, this game is way overhyped.

neither is the best football game ever created, neither is the best fifa ever created. it's an excellent game, there is no doubt about it, but some of you are exaggerating. :)
Well there's no such thing as the best football game, that's suggestive. Some people even think eFootball is the best. I think all of them have their strengths and of course that leaves us with the frustration that they're never truly iterative.

Of course there's those games that are special and come damn close to perfection because they do get more right then not. FIFA 16 rightly belongs in that category & now a lot of new players can experience and understand why this game is so revered.

Is there really that big of a difference between V1.0 and V1.7? even with the final supernova gameplay and V1.7?
at what level does the difference play out?

I've always read of this as a big criticism of the patch, even the FIFA 14 version, why is this the case? I mean, understandable some physical stats of players were wrong totally, but technically I thought it was fine. But yes, the work on the players / leagues / teams was always really impressive.

I think many players in the patch are overrated, really weak sides have 4-4,5 stars. This results in game being faster, more end-to-end and chaotic than it is designed to be. Then there are some blatant mistakes, such as Zidane being as fast as Henry (at least this was in one of earlier versions). I got the impression creators gave top players high stats across the board, without really trying to emphasize what exactly made them so good.

That said, I'm not trying to make this patch look worse than it is - and it is amazing in many areas. It is just one I wish was better implemented.

Is there really that big of a difference between V1.0 and V1.7? even with the final supernova gameplay and V1.7?
at what level does the difference play out?

AI is more human-like and respects tactical instructions more. But I haven't tried supernova, maybe it could make a difference on 1.07.

i could agree with what tinker wrote.

playing classic patch 14 and 16 with its stats may actually worsened both games (fifa 14 and 16).

Well, I played version 1.7 for years and now I decided to test 1.0, the difference is notable, at first it felt like I was playing another game.

Tactically, version 1.7 is chaos, in 1.0 they are more obedient, the AI behaves better, makes more mistakes, closes spaces better defensively, in addition to the gameplay being slower. It's much more enjoyable to score a goal in version 1.0.

The downside is that the Stadium Server doesn't work, but Papinho created a server that works with version 1.0, it's more complicated to use but it's worth it.

If you want to play 1.0 and change stadiums, as said there is Papinho's server or last solution: do it manually by copy pasting the stadium files in the accurate sceenasset folders (fx, crowdplacement, stadium with id 177) and regenerate (make sure too there is a line in the CL file allowing the stadium to be loaded: STADIUM_ID=177. To use a EA original stadium just put // in front of the line). But you have to do it each time you play a game in a different stadium. It means saving after a game, closing fifa and adding the next stadium files. If you play few games in a session its fine even if less practial but better then nothing. Its what i do to enjoy 1.0 version and the many real stadiums.

There is no perfect game and never will be.

But comparing all of the stuff like gameplay + mods, FIFA 16 is the best. And it is fun. Plus it has a lot of random moments in every aspect of the game.

I have been playing 16 since it came out (XBOX and PC) until now, played who knows how many matches. And I still enjoy it.

Last month I wanted to force PES 21 a little bit mostly because of the great mods (the goalnet server is a game-changer for me). And I think it's amazing but I miss FIP with their leagues.

But comparing all of the stuff like gameplay + mods, FIFA 16 is the best. And it is fun. Plus it has a lot of random moments in every aspect of the game.

I have been playing 16 since it came out (XBOX and PC) until now, played who knows how many matches. And I still enjoy it.

Last month I wanted to force PES 21 a little bit mostly because of the great mods (the goalnet server is a game-changer for me). And I think it's amazing but I miss FIP with their leagues.
what is goalnet-server for pes 2021?

Fifa 16 is still very good game. Especially in players behaviour on the pitch, positioning , tactics, stats etc. But needs some mods to be more modern and more realistic. For example better goalnets physics , some players animations, slowest tempo and reduce powerfull headers from high ball.

The random moments I have been noticing the most in short time playing at the moment. This attempt by Wirtz on goal is something I haven't seen attempted in a footy game in a while, would have been a nice scrappy goal if he scored.

The random moments I have been noticing the most in short time playing at the moment. This attempt by Wirtz on goal is something I haven't seen attempted in a footy game in a while, would have been a nice scrappy goal if he scored.

You will never see the run the CPU makes in PES 21.

I swear bro, every time I get some random new animation that I have never seen before ( played the game for 1 years now). I am always impressed.

There is always depend of position of the player new shooting animation and they take some time to adjust they foot in order to shoot correctly.

Anyway the game is not overhyped, this is cap. We have to call him, hidden gem.

Back
Top Bottom