Anth’s FIFA 16 Mods

Example of Broadcast Camera Package 3 (based on 'Broadcast High' camera). The only downside to this is that it changes quite a lot between stadiums in terms of height and zoom. When it works like this though it’s really smooth.

Last edited:
Example of Broadcast Camera Package 3 (based on 'Broadcast High' camera). The only downside to this is that it changes quite a lot between stadiums in terms of height and zoom. When it works like this though it’s really smooth.

but is the heart on the player always that semicircle that can be activated under the player?

I can't seem to curl the ball with new ball physics. What about you guys?
Yeah same, it’s an issue. It’s impacting shot variety. I’m trying to fix it but getting the right the balance and keeping the feel of the mod is proving quite difficult!

The wrong slight tweak and goalkeepers can’t catch or pickup the ball and they misjudge the flight for everything.

Last edited:
As much as I like how the ball physics mod enforce a more natural rythm to the game but also help animation looking more natural, it has some heavy down sides. The absence of swerve is one particularly disappointing. I also think it reduces the palette of build up approach for the user. I love to play long balls into space and with this mod, the cpu always ends up perfectly reading the ball trajectory and intercepting the ball which force me to play short passes. Keepers seems to have also a lot of ease reading the ball trajectory and I am missing way more often easy opportunities. With the demo exe I am using, pacy players can't escape any defenders once the ball at their foot. Also dribbling has way less explosiveness than before, which I think is a fun element of this game (it feels better with the v1.0 exe though).

I believe most of the things I mentioned are probably due to the new ball mass which is really far from the default value (Def:0.45, mod:2.45)

As much as I like how the ball physics mod enforce a more natural rythm to the game but also help animation looking more natural, it has some heavy down sides. The absence of swerve is one particularly disappointing. I also think it reduces the palette of build up approach for the user. I love to play long balls into space and with this mod, the cpu always ends up perfectly reading the ball trajectory and intercepting the ball which force me to play short passes. Keepers seems to have also a lot of ease reading the ball trajectory and I am missing way more often easy opportunities. With the demo exe I am using, pacy players can't escape any defenders once the ball at their foot. Also dribbling has way less explosiveness than before, which I think is a fun element of this game (it feels better with the v1.0 exe though).

I believe most of the things I mentioned are probably due to the new ball mass which is really far from the default value (Def:0.45, mod:2.45)
Thanks for the feedback Pap. I agree with you on some of the points and not so much with others.

Swerve is definitely something which I'd like to improve - help on that is welcomed from anyone! This impacts the keepers ability to make more of those close range saves I believe. I'm playing with GK slider at 47 at the moment and I'm quite liking that - but I think the best solution is to find a way to introduce swerve back in. In terms of shooting in general, I'm torn as I feel the heavier ball makes shooting more exciting, and in some ways more unpredictable.

I can't say I've noticed the long balls. I actually find I'm able to create chances with a lot more variety using the mod - especially in tight spaces and with through balls into space. On default I find many short, simple passes get intercepted and the whole move breaks down purely because the ball slows way too fast. For me, I actually have found my build up options have increased quite a bit.

I tried playing with a lower ball mass (Group 2), but I found that the jerkiness and initial super acceleration off the foot is reintroduced and it doesn't feel as natural or as fluid.

Overall the best thing - due to this table we've got more options to customise to our own liking!

Great camera view! Do you mind sharing that Sky Sports TV logo in the upper right corner please?

@Anth James I love the mod that removes the player indicator and player name above their head, I was wondering, is such a thing possible on FIFA 14 do you know?

I love watching COM v COM but the downside is things like the indicators and power bar comes up even for COM which is a bit annoying

Thanks for the feedback Pap. I agree with you on some of the points and not so much with others.

Swerve is definitely something which I'd like to improve - help on that is welcomed from anyone! This impacts the keepers ability to make more of those close range saves I believe. I'm playing with GK slider at 47 at the moment and I'm quite liking that - but I think the best solution is to find a way to introduce swerve back in. In terms of shooting in general, I'm torn as I feel the heavier ball makes shooting more exciting, and in some ways more unpredictable.

I can't say I've noticed the long balls. I actually find I'm able to create chances with a lot more variety using the mod - especially in tight spaces and with through balls into space. On default I find many short, simple passes get intercepted and the whole move breaks down purely because the ball slows way too fast. For me, I actually have found my build up options have increased quite a bit.

I tried playing with a lower ball mass (Group 2), but I found that the jerkiness and initial super acceleration off the foot is reintroduced and it doesn't feel as natural or as fluid.

Overall the best thing - due to this table we've got more options to customise to our own liking!

I have to say the mod plays much better with the v1.0 than with the demo, so it is probably down to this.

@Anth James I love the mod that removes the player indicator and player name above their head, I was wondering, is such a thing possible on FIFA 14 do you know?

I love watching COM v COM but the downside is things like the indicators and power bar comes up even for COM which is a bit annoying
Are you able to extract the presentation_1.rx3 for 14? If so then it will be possible, you just have to replace the indicators with a blank file and it'll go away.

I had a very quick look this morning exporting the file so I'll have a play later on with it.

Do you have the blank textures for me & I can try?
It'll depend on the size of each icon which needs changing. If you find them let me know and I'll make the blank texture for you.

@Anth James Can you share values? I'll help you testing them.
Sure. I've attached the table below. Just CONTROL+SHIFT+B to activate the table with the new values (in the main menu). It's still a work in progress so any feedback let me know as the I'm not sure of the balancing just yet. I think in general we'll probably all have slightly different tastes anyway, but give it a run and adjust as you see fit.

In regards to changes, I've increased the Group 1 values and decreased the Group 2 values with the aim of reintroducing some bend/swerve but also trying to keep the heavy ball physics.

For this version the ball is heavier than before, but in a different way. I quite like it and I think this version overall is smoother, but it might not be to everyone's taste. You should find that there's more precision now and you can really control the weight of your passes and shots (especially through balls). Players movement also has more weight to it - which for me is a good thing as it reduces the ability to 'burst' past players with too much ease (something I find far too easy to do on default). You now have to think more about when to turn.

In general, the heavier ball is crucial in creating the smooth feeling. The default physics on 16 has the ball shoot out extremely quickly and the heaviness reduces this and keeps everything more consistent and natural - also in players animations. It's less twitchy.

There's not as much bend/swerve as on default I would say, but from my tests so far it is there and it creates more variety. As I've said anyway, more testing is needed to see, but here it is.

Edit: Oh and my testing has been done on v1.00, normal speed, default sliders (although I quite like 45 FB and 15 Run Frequency) and no speed hack value.

TEST Version Ball Physics: https://mega.nz/file/FB1QGDYR#Uf670Bf7GH3G7rD6pwLdESBesvLJeY_ZVxM1rBl3XAA

Last edited:
Sure. I've attached the table below. Just CONTROL+SHIFT+B to activate the table with the new values (in the main menu). It's still a work in progress so any feedback let me know. I think in general we'll probably all have slightly different tastes anyway, but give it a run and adjust as you see fit.

In regards to changes, I've increased the Group 1 values and decreased the Group 2 values with the aim of reintroducing some bend/swerve but also trying to keep the heavy ball physics.

For this version the ball is heavier than before, but in a different way. I quite like it and I think this version overall is smoother, but it might not be to everyone's taste. You should find that there's more precision now and you can really control the weight of your passes and shots (especially through balls). Players movement also has more weight to it - which for me is a good thing as it reduces the ability to 'burst' past players with too much ease (something I find far too easy to do on default). You now have to think more about when to turn.

In general, the heavier ball is crucial in creating the smooth feeling. The default physics on 16 has the ball shoot out extremely quickly and the heaviness reduces this and keeps everything more consistent and natural - also in players animations. It's less twitchy.

There's not as much bend/swerve as on default I would say, but from my tests so far it is there and it creates more variety. As I've said anyway, more testing is needed to see, but here it is.

Edit: Oh and my testing has been done on v1.00, normal speed, default sliders (although I quite like 45 FB and 15 Run Frequency) and no speed hack value.

TEST Version Ball Physics: https://mega.nz/file/FB1QGDYR#Uf670Bf7GH3G7rD6pwLdESBesvLJeY_ZVxM1rBl3XAA
How do you install the file? And how do I back up the original?

Back
Top Bottom