fifa 09 mods(pc)

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Please discuss and post all mods in this thread. here is one mod i found. credit goes to Mario79

Here is ball physics patch promised by me.
- added more weight to the ball
- decreased friction, so the ball rolls more and further
- there is no more "frog jumping" balls between players (just watch some EPL games to prove that the ball rolls, not jumps between players on good field)
- ball feels more free now
To install just extract ai.ini into main Fifa 09 Demo foloder, e.g. C:/Program Files/Fifa 09 Demo
Preview.
YouTube - Fifa 09 new gameplay
Pls don't worry. Just have imported Stamford bridge before instead of Wembley. The movie has some frame rate lags, because i have no idea how to make 60 fps smooth movie. (the game plays on 60fps on my pc)

links:
[url]http://depositfiles.com/files/7900552[/URL]
[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/144588869/ai.rar.html[/URL]

I never knew its possible to mod the gameplay aspect of the game

Some Mods for the 09 PC Demo here, one is the Demo Expander, giving 40+ options, including difficulty option:--

http://md.fifa-evolution.com/

One of the other mods is to change the Intro Cinematics.

Cant wait to get home to test this out as I feel the PC Demo as usual is stuck in Semi-Pro CPU AI level...

seems more mod friendly then PES. might be possible to get the gameplay on par with the console version
Jonney, don't be stupid.

All you can do is alter set things, i.e. the amount of swerve a ball has, the affect of gravity in certain situations... You can't program in the thousands of CPU instructions, AI routines, deflections etc. that the next-gen versions have.

How the hell do they mod the gameplay/ball physics?!!! :SHOCK:
There is an AI "text" file that says things like "swerve = 0.2". You can play with the numbers to see the effect it has. It's not recommended though, if you try to play online with two different AI files... *Kaboom*

there is an AI "text" file that says things like "swerve = 0.2". You can play with the numbers to see the effect it has. It's not recommended though, if you try to play online with two different AI files... *Kaboom*

Interesting - the things people can do these days :DD

Jonney, don't be stupid.

All you can do is alter set things, i.e. the amount of swerve a ball has, the affect of gravity in certain situations... You can't program in the thousands of CPU instructions, AI routines, deflections etc. that the next-gen versions have.

Deflections and collision detections are near identical to the console version. CPU instructions? the cpu does a similar job then the console versions. i cant see any major difference in terms of the cpu.

not every aspect could be moddable of course unless you have the uncomiled code of the game but if you can change stuff like physics etc then the gameplay can indeed be nearly as good as the console version.

at the end of the day, this seems more mod friendly then pes.

Deflections and collision detections are near identical to the console version. CPU instructions? the cpu does a similar job then the console versions. i cant see any major difference in terms of the cpu.

not every aspect could be moddable of course unless you have the uncomiled code of the game but if you can change stuff like physics etc then the gameplay can indeed be nearly as good as the console version.

at the end of the day, this seems more mod friendly then pes.
Jonney, I'm not being funny, but you're completely wrong. They're two different games made by two different teams, with very little code shared between them; so the actual decision-making and the coding for the deflections can't be changed to "match" the console versions. You can't touch that, and it's completely different from the console versions so it's not like it's "close enough".

You can mod it to improve it, yes. But you can't clone the next-gen gameplay.

Jonney, I'm not being funny, but you're completely wrong. They're two different games made by two different teams, with very little code shared between them; so the actual decision-making and the coding for the deflections can't be changed to "match" the console versions. You can't touch that, and it's completely different from the console versions so it's not like it's "close enough".

You can mod it to improve it, yes. But you can't clone the next-gen gameplay.

I think Chimps-With-Quiffs was going to have a go at Fifa gameplay editing this year.

If he did, I would expect some big improvements. He managed to turn PES6 and PES2008 into quality games from rubbish

In manager mode the first season has no international cup (uefa cup/champions league substitutes), which is very annoying. I wonder how hard it would be to mod that kind of stuff. After all it's all there in the files, it's just not applied to the first season (I know it's a bit more complicated than that). As far as I know there isn't one yet and I doubt there was one for 08. Or did any of you guys spot one?

I suspect it's hard-coded into the game, Jan Acht, but we will see. There could be a way of getting your options file to trick the game into thinking Champions League is unlocked I guess...?

yeah, I've looked around a bit more en there never was such a mod for any fifa so it's probably not an easy thing to do. I'll try to contact some good modders and see what they make of it.

Back
Top Bottom