Far Cry 6 [All Platforms]

Far Cry 6 is....

*Drum roll*

... a Far Cry game.

Out on October 7.
Unless they bail on the co-op for some reason this is a day one buy for me.

Far Cry 6 is....

*Drum roll*

... a Far Cry game.

Out on October 7.
Unless they bail on the co-op for some reason this is a day one buy for me.
What do you like about the game to buy it Day one?!

For me it looks like more of the same only prettier. The new weapons and such... ok... but a massive open world again... well, maybe I’m just tired of those OW games by now, sinking hours into exploring the lands. Na... im not so hooked to this genre at the moment.

Like I said it depends on the co-op. 5 and New Dawn are both fantastic co-op games. As single player games though, deffo below average. If I didn't have a friend to play through 6, I would never buy it day one, but maybe down the line on a good discount. These games do play very well, after all.

Like I said it depends on the co-op. 5 and New Dawn are both fantastic co-op games. As single player games though, deffo below average. If I didn't have a friend to play through 6, I would never buy it day one, but maybe down the line on a good discount. These games do play very well, after all.
fully get you mate.
when i think about it, i'd be more tempted to jump into this one with a friend at my side! :YES:

ps: that smile above always reminds me of jack nicholson in anger managment! :LOL:
edit:
giphy.gif

I'll still probably get it right away but I have to admit it is almost painfully familiar in this video. There is even a bit where you burn crops. This is a game that would definitely have benefitted from making a clean generation break, you would at least have some next gen graphics to gawk at.

Time for a little review as I finished this game the other night. It’s a bit limited, since I played through the whole thing with my friend and he wasn’t really up for stuff other then the murderin’ so races and treasure hunts and the like are something I haven’t done much of.

This is a Far Cry ass Far Cry game and if they won’t significantly upgrade it for the next outing they might as well call it a day. Sticking a “burn crops” mission early is almost like they are taking the piss, and you bet there is a mission where you are drugged and seeing things that aren’t there. Where it comes to mission structure, they have absolutely run out of ideas a few games ago.

Initially the gunplay is a real chore as well. In an attempt to change things up, there is real emphasis on ammo types. So one ammo for regular enemies, and armour piercing ammo for armoured enemies. This means that somehow armour piercing ammo is like a light tickle for people with no armour, yes that is as stupid as it sounds. Enemies will happily receive 4-5 shots directly to the dome and keep firing back.

Thankfully they don’t make this a thing for the whole game, a few upgrades and better weapons later and everyone succumbs to any type of bullets (there are more types). This game gained several points the moment I finally got a decent sniper rifle that could kill anyone with a single shot. And after that I had few complaints with the gunplay – some of the guns are extremely enjoyable and satisfying to use. You get a mix of realistic looking guns and homemade stuff, I usually went for realistic but that gun that shoots fireworks is really something. If you really want to plough through enemies, play a free extra Rambo-style mission added recently where you get a bow with explosive arrows. That really f*cks shit up.

Vehicles are also often very nice although the very best one they saved until we had finished the game. Maybe we were just unlucky to not find it before but at a certain allied camp there was a buggy which effortlessly switches between driving and flying. The game does give you stuff to do when the story is over, so there was still use for it.

The mix of first to third person is odd. It kind of makes sense when you use your special back-mounted weapon, the supremo, and puts you on one knee as you rain pain down on surrounding enemies. But when you go into third person in allied camps it just feels totally pointless. Yeah you can admire your equipped gear, but that’s it, really.

I do prefer giving the protagonist a voice and story. I picked the female Dani (shares my birthday and everything!) and absolutely love her voice work. Her interactions with the animal companions is very caring and often amusing. The absolute best part of her (or him) having a voice now is when they drive a car or other vehicle and the radio is on, when certain songs come on, and only certain songs, they sing along. I have heard the guy (played by my co-op partner) do the same but she especially sounds like she is having a blast. It puts a smile on my face every time and it’s such a brilliant little touch in a game that is sadly lacking in good ideas.

The story is a lot better than 5 but it’s not saying much. I think Dani having a voice and direct interaction made me mostly avoid the skip button, while in 5 I mashed it faster than a scalper ordering PS5s. It’s still only so so and Giancarlo Esposito is just another charismatic Far Cry crazy antagonist. His son is a more interesting character and the story does go some places that I didn’t anticipate. Again, an improvement but mostly because the story of 5 was a bag of shit.

Graphically the game looks good but you can tell that the dual generation release is holding it back. The upside of that was that my friend was playing on a PS4 and a part from a few bugs, it played fine for him.

Far Cry’s strength for me has always been the gameplay. This game, like 4 and 5, playes very well and feels very smooth. Especially when you remember to holster the weapon for a faster sprint. Overall though, it is becoming extremely stale. If you have a mate to play it with, then I can recommend it. But as a single player experience, it is harder to defend. I will be going back in, both with my friend and to finish some of the extra activities by myself. But I doubt they will get us in again without a massive revamp.

Im actually enjoying it.

Tbh you really need to expect this now, the missions and theme of the game is repetitive, you have the usual silly missions, then usual animal companion and manic characters who take away the seriousness of the game.

Ive enjoyed them though but I guess it might seem to some that they'll need to change it up.

Its a 'Far Cry' from the original that had you as a human turned monster.

I've used the flame Supremo for most of it because of the awesome ability to jump boost in all directions. The trail of fire it leaves has led to me flambéing my dog several times though.

Massive sale on Ubisoft games (Xbox) and might give this a go ,even if I'm more interested in finding Far Cry remastered or Watch Dogs.
I've enjoyed far cry 5 in spells so might give 6 a go

The best change Ubisoft made in Far Cry 6 is that the side activities are completely optional. You can actually play just the story missions and progress. Far Cry 5 forced you to do side activities before certain things were unlocked.

I've used the flame Supremo for most of it because of the awesome ability to jump boost in all directions. The trail of fire it leaves has led to me flambéing my dog several times though.
I usually always go with the rocket supremo as they can blow up the anti air guns and helicopters.

Not bothered with many guns, I love using silencers, got mixtape sniper rifle, silencer shotgun, was using a machine gun rifle with a silencer but got a better one with damage and a good sight. Decent pistol too.

FD

Really. Enjoyed this game, really liked the story.

Do admit missions can be repetitive, but if you stick to story missions not as bad.

Back
Top Bottom