Eurovision 2008

Nathan7

Premiership
23 July 2007
Pocklington, England
Celtic
Changed First Post
So as we have discussed the UK and Ireland have really given up now. Soon you can see all the crap being sent to Belgrade, Serbia this year.

I promise you, there are some crackers! Azerbaijan and Ireland are the two most hideous songs I have ever heard.

So we start close to home with the UK and Ireland:

Andy Abraham - Even If
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oKkrlab_ec8

Dustin the Turkey - Irelande Douze Pointe
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xnsPfRdSU0Q

And now as far away as physically possible in 'Europe' - Azerbaijan:

Elnur Gusseinov feat. Samir Javadzadeh - Day after day
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ReL2uXL2qA0

To my favourite Former Yugoslav country, Macedonia:

Tamara feat. Vrcak & Adrian Gaxha - Vo Ime Na Ljubovta
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eQrI42hXJqE&feature=related

And to the three best songs in the contest so far; Norway, Andorra and Slovenia. You will be humming the tunes to these three for so long afterwards! I actually cannot stop humming Vrag Naj Vzame and just one line of Casanova gets you singing it! Hold On Be Strong is the best song so far because it has a great rhythm, singer and song! Here are the entries; Norway, Andorra and Slovenia:

Maria Haukaas Storeng - Hold On Be Strong
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4XbG33pi8

Gisela - Casanova
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t32IK0T3aXk

Rebeka Dremelj - Vrag Naj Vzame
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BhiDJrWKUPc

I will keep updating the first post with all the entries and my comments. I want to hear your comments too!

Last edited:
Re: Eurovision 2008 - UK Send Utter Rubbish, Again

Michele Gails one was soo much better and was definately Eurovision material.

We will definately not win with that Twat Abrahams!!!

Who cares who gets sent to the "Eastern Eurovision Song Contest".

Its all shite anyway! I am, again, looking forward to holland not getting past the QF round while seeing some ridiculous baltic nonsense win the bloody thing :D

I've only ever watched it once, and that was because the console was away from the repair and the internet was on and off. Even then I was considering watching ... the news *pukes*

Lol. Turkey should've sung in English like the last few years. I like Turkey normally but that is rubbish.

UK - Michelle should have won. Never ever let the public vote.

It's not the public though. The public includes me, my dad, the man that works in the shop round the corner, my boss at work etc etc but none of these would have had any interest in voting for who goes to Eurovision cos its a shambles.

It's mainly old ladies, half of X factor's audience, and then a few people like yourself who have a strange interest in it :D

I think it's just the families who vote. Well, the families and the nutjobs. No offence. ;)

I watch the thing because Wogan cracks me up, taking the piss out of it and making comments whenever the Eastern Euro's get 12's here, there and everywhere when their song comprises of tranvestites sniffing marmite, blaring out a strange mix of Heavy Metal and Eurotrash pop.

I don't vote, and its inevitable that we will finish last or second from last whatever track we pick.

I thought the only people voting and seriously interested in this are the gays, atleast in the western part of europe.

Its one big camp-fest.

Who cares who gets sent to the "Eastern Eurovision Song Contest".

Its all shite anyway! I am, again, looking forward to holland not getting past the QF round while seeing some ridiculous baltic nonsense win the bloody thing :D

You're mistaken. Not Baltic rubbish, it's Balkan rubbish.

Baltic - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. (Latvia won it one time if I remember right, that's it.)

Balkan - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Romania. <- one of them almost always wins. ;)

Baltic - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia. (Latvia won it one time if I remember right, that's it.)

Balkan - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Romania. <- one of them almost always wins. ;)

And Estonia - the least remembered winner ever.

I'm one of them weird ones who likes it so yeah... I will rename the thread soon to just Eurovision 2008 so if you want to publicise your countries' song post it here! :D

I will, eventually, add all the entries to the first post. When I can be bothered cause me being me has downloaded 17 of them.

Balkan - Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Romania. <- one of them almost always wins.[/quote]

Thats it, tnx, baltic sounded wrong for where I meant. But then again both latvia and estonia have served us rubbish aswell. Either way, its gonna be crap as usual :D

It's very important for you the Eurovision ?
in France is considered like a corny show

We have an X-Factor runner-up... :D

I like it becuase I like European politics. However, as we have seen in the last two years some countries have given up:

UK: Scooch - Tezza Wogan made so many comments bout that s*** last night
Ireland: Dustin The Turkey says it all - I swear, watch the video and it will not be 'Irelande Douze Pointe' it will be 'Irelande Nil Point'!
France: Franglais? Sure bet to lose.
Monaco: Coco-Dance - 2006 was their last entry. It was so embarassingly bad, they pulled out in 2007.
Malta: Vodka - Well, well, well... :D

I do watch Eurovision, but I'm not sure what the point is in it anymore.

I loved the Ukrainian song last year, and those scary guys from Iceland the year before so I'm fully behind Dustin this year. I think he'll have a good run but there are nations that still take it seriously and he'll get no points from them.

75% of the songs are 80's ballads that Celine Dion would have turned down as 'too corny' and the rest are either really bad boy bands or (even worse) middle aged men bands. The only highlights are the kitch acts.

As a song competition it has absolutely 0 credibility. As I said at the top, I have no idea what it is, other than a chance for the whole of Europe to have a laugh at each other.

If the eurovision didn't have Terry Wogan nobody would watch it.

Terry takes the piss - and it is funny. Thats the only reason I would watch it.

It is all a joke though - 99.9% 0f the songs are beyond crapness!!

Michele Gails song was atleast catchy and decent and had a few fit women dancing around.

I do watch Eurovision, but I'm not sure what the point is in it anymore.

I loved the Ukrainian song last year, and those scary guys from Iceland the year before so I'm fully behind Dustin this year. I think he'll have a good run but there are nations that still take it seriously and he'll get no points from them.

75% of the songs are 80's ballads that Celine Dion would have turned down as 'too corny' and the rest are either really bad boy bands or (even worse) middle aged men bands. The only highlights are the kitch acts.

As a song competition it has absolutely 0 credibility. As I said at the top, I have no idea what it is, other than a chance for the whole of Europe to have a laugh at each other.

I think you mean Finland! Mr Lordi would kill you for that! They are from the Arctic Circle in Finland.
If the eurovision didn't have Terry Wogan nobody would watch it.

Terry takes the piss - and it is funny. Thats the only reason I would watch it.

It is all a joke though - 99.9% 0f the songs are beyond crapness!!

Michele Gails song was atleast catchy and decent and had a few fit women dancing around.

Michelle was fantastic! And yeah 65% this year are shite... Just watch Croatia, Azerbaijan, Ireland, UK, Malta to name a few.

I consider it as rubbish too and others are starting to think the same, but not all of them. ;)

Actually, the UK, Ireland, France and Malta have given up. They've all sent rubbish to Serbia this year.

Eurovision > Euro 2008.

At least we are in it! Eurovision parties rather than European Championship parties I think this year... Not that I don't have one already... And also, England would get points from Wales and Northern Ireland if the future is to be like that. We'd get nout from Scotland though.

Last edited:
HAHA, oh dear. I was going to say "we have a rapist on the board you know" but I knew I wouldn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom