eFootball (All Platforms)

Two years in the making. Right?
Two years in the making and we get a 6 minutes trailer with little to no actual game footage and everything still to be known about it.

Makes me think if they're still trying to figure everything out.
that's the part i also did not like, it was basically more of an announcement than a trailer, now we have to wait for the gameplay and details.

I can't remember the last time I posted on this board but holy sh*t did they just murder one of my beloved franchise? They made an announcement of it too like they are proud of it. Pro Evolution Soccer is one of the most iconic name in videogame history, I can't believe they just throw away decades of history just like that. I feel like this company runs by literal schizos, what the f is wrong with them? It's not like PES is in a bad situation, It's actually in good position to compete with FIFA this generation. I'm so shocked with what I've witnessed. Sell this franchise to other deserving publisher, Konami, you bunch of fuckn abominations.

can someone be kind enough to sum up what was happend please ? or point me to the page that started all of this discussion ? I mean, what is going on ?

can someone be kind enough to sum up what was happend please ? or point me to the page that started all of this discussion ? I mean, what is going on ?

Konami isn't making PES anymore. It's called eFootball and is a free online mobile phone game that you will be able to play on your PS5 as well. Offline modes will MAYBE come at a later stage.

They cheaped out and are releasing a jim sterling voice LoIvE sErViCe free to pay game, which uses the same shoddy mobile engine on all platforms, meaning obviously simplified gameplay otherwise how will mobile play, graphics that look like an absolute scam compared to their 2020 teaser trailer and worse than vanilla pes 2021, paid unlockable offline content like master league (and by the looks of it, it'll probably be the exact same as in later entries) and be a legend, which even though it took them two years to develop somehow won't be ready until winter, and acting like this is good.

In summary

>PES is no more
>rebranded as efootball
>it’s free to play but littered with micro transactions
>it has hardly any licenses or teams
>it’s cross gen inclusive of mobile devices/phones
>it looks like utter shit
>it looks like the graphic design has been done by someone high on crack

I just saw this, sorry if it's been posted already:

View attachment 111551

So... PC won't even get these (SO NOT) cutting-edge graphics.
From bad to worse.
FIFA and Madden are doing the same thing. I asked my mate who used to work at EA and he tells me that their argument for doing so is because they not everyone has a good enough computer to run the new game and it's improvements. So instead of giving us the option to turn on and off features depending on our machines, no one on PC gets the new stuff. I imagine Konami will use the same argument.

Well put aderow. I've said this before but it's even more relevant now - if you make AI better in VS CPU then it will make PvP a better experience! It seems so obvious. You are only ever controlling one player in PvP so improving AI routines will give you a better overall footballing experience by making your teammates behave more realistically when they are not in your control. But there's the crux of the matter - Konami don't care about football anymore, you might argue they haven't since they embraced esports a few years ago. Pro Evo is just an easy cash cow where they can re-shell and re-sell the same superstar players over and over and do the bare minimum with gameplay (or just break it as they so often have).
The AI are the foundation of the football. Improving them their abilities, in a realistic manner, improves every aspect of gameplay.

So essentially what they're releasing early autumn is pretty much an eFootball demo. 9 teams with local games & cross gen online matches. 9 fucking teams.....

2 years & they haven't even been able come up with names for the modes. This whole thing seems like a hatchet job thrown together at the last minute.

Maybe they couldn't get to grips with PES 2022 development so decided to go down this route & expand as it goes. I don't believe for one second that this time last year the plan was to release this, not a chance.

It's PES 2008 & 14 all over again, new generation of systems they can't/couldn't get to grips with only this time it's terminal & they've dropped the game off a cliff for good.

Last edited:
Honestly, not shocked, not surprised, not sad even. If anything, this is a completely new direction that will switch things up.

Offline side of things, especially Master League, was horrendous for years. It was clear they had no ideas and no intentions to improve it. If you want a good ML, PES 3 probably still has the best one.

F2P means stepping away from shitty yearly releases and improving the game continuously. If other leagues and teams are available via DLC that's even better - instead of paying €50 for a lackluster game where I bet 90%+ of the price is to cover the licensing costs.

There is still potential that the gameplay will be horrendous, and especially now online connectivity is everything. If it's same clunky trash with Establishing Communications in the background half the time well then waste of time. If it'll be a fluid, online football game with proper servers I will actually enjoy it a lot.

PES was dead and gone long ago, there's nothing to mourn really. You can argue about when - some will say 2008, others 2013. Overwhelming amount of modern games was just misery - lags, scripts, clunkiness, the whole package. If anything I'm happy they are rebranding and laying the old name to rest after a decade of being dragged through mud.

To be honest quite happy about the whole situation. Most likely the game will have lots of issues though and won't be enjoyable, even though the model sounds good to me.

The PES title, our love, died yesterday... so sad...

But i am happy because i am interested about mobile version...so i have a question...The graphics. animations, ball physics etc on mobile will be the same with PC and PS4 version?

Absolutely not surprised, This game and community have been betrayed by Konami's PR team and their shills. We have fought for 5-6 years to at least delay the inevitable and try to save some essential elements of the football game we loved.

The community has kept this game alive by putting hours and hours of work to fix every disaster that Konami came up with, They were never honest and kept abusing and bullying us.

We fought against scripting, Catch up bug, Broken referees, Awful awful AI, Broken ML with stupid regens, fixed their tactics, Ridiculous option file transfer mechanisms and data packs that broke the game every 2 months.

We filled surveys, Went into their facebook feedback pages and tried to listen to their puppets who kept lying and lying and lying every day.

At the end we only have fifa for an offline fix, I hope the apologists are happy that the three year plan is on track.

i did not know till today, konami got another e-series out for longer: eBaseball! :SHOCK:

https://e-baseball.konami.net/pawa_proleague/

my question now: how is that baseball game in terms of gameplay?! a sim? sim-cade?

no wonder they moved the football game in the same direction. if i'd only knew 2 years ago... i would've made other conclusions.
anyway, will go through 3 pages of comments from last night! i hope i find some to cheer me up and i also hope for no more Shressis without spoiler tags! :ANX:

i did not know till today, konami got another e-series out for longer: eBaseball! :SHOCK:

my question now: how is that baseball game in terms of gameplay?! a sim? sim-cade?

no wonder they moved the football game in the same direction. if i'd only knew 2 years ago... i would've made other conclusions.
anyway, will go through 3 pages of comments from last night! i hope i find some to cheer me up and i also hope for no more Shressis without spoiler tags! :ANX:
There are actually 2 "eBaseball" titles, Pawapuro (the one with a cartoonish character) and "Professional Baseball Spirits". Compared to last few PES titles, they had better offline modes.

Pawapuro 2020

Professional Baseball Sprits 2021 (Nintendo Switch only)

someone should start a petition to Bandai Namco to make a deep single player franchise mode simulation type football game. They have to see the opportunity here. If enough people sign it, maybe it will happen.
Well, I don't think it will happen. At least not in the near future.
This being said, I'd love Namco to come back. We don't even need licences of any kind!
...and they could finally bring back Janssens from "90 Minutes EPG", one of the most underrated midfielders ever from a really underrated game (which was great for the time).

PES doesn't exist anymore. Wiped. Murdered.
From now on we'll have eFootball, an online-centered, MyClub-driven PvP experience focusing on 1 vs. 1 gameplay (even between PS5 and iPhone!) and microtransactions.

It certainly does not look like simulation of baseball - but you can say it definitely looks like it can be a mobile-console-pc playable at the same time, considering graphics.
If that’s efootball future then I can only laugh.

Back
Top Bottom