eFootball (All Platforms)

Has anyone ever heard of an og member called Tandeh?

That was my uncle I used to be on here morning till night reading discussions I was so young back then just about grew a moustache and I would eat sleep live PES.

I have never posted before.

Many many years later I'm alot older I have a wife son etc I have my own account I don't need to be posting to be reading the discussions.

In reply to the assumptions.

It's confirmed from multiple sources and the main men and a few more but they are yet to be verified for authenticity.

1. Crossplay can be disabled anytime. If you want to play next gen Vs next gen that's an option there for you - this in a way is slightly implemented right now with the servers on co-op have you noticed the gameplay differences with different lobbies and different players from different countries huge gameplay and latency differences... If you want smoother better gameplay you gotta play in your own lobby or someone from your country etc.

2. Graphics will be drastically improved wait and see .. there are images of the menus and pitches and turf, models etc konami will release content very soon regarding just the graphical improvements and comparisons. Looks amazing. What you've seen so far is basically the trailer for PES lite. The main game (next gen) with dlc to highlight the improvements etc will be releasing with a visual heavy trailer soon so stay tuned for that btw it sure looks way better that FIFA 22
😁👌

3. No proper gameplay has been shown because they are going to release a video tour guide of each gameplay manoeuvre and new additions and animations in a separate video. (Iniesta will feature in that again). The main issue which was responsiveness has been fixed making the game look smooth and flowing (buffed ironed out PES 21) which is what we wanted right ?

4. There's a rumour going around that we will play a mobile game on a console however it's far from the truth you know the main reason for unreal wasn't for gameplay and graphics that was already up to scratch according to Konami. The main reason for unreal was adaptation to further enhance our experience when we're at home we can play the best version on our console and when we're out we can play the best version on mobile too not a dumbed down version. The rumour mill is going nuts because frankly konami has done a ridiculously stupid job with the marketing as always and been extremely vague hence extreme confusion.

The only way to put this into an example that we can relate to is ... Till today we've been playing PES 20&21 for 2 years .. Yet still there's no explanation on how certain mechanics in the game work we are left finding these conundrums ourselves and discovering Easter eggs in the game that konami won't themselves expand or explain.

Here's some really great examples:

1. Pairing up with someone with a good connection as host to coop matches will significantly improve your lag and gameplay on coop

2. Setting a captain who's on full form and has fighting spirit will improve the whole area he plays in e.g Ronaldo on form the attack will be better ... Beckham on form will make the midfield turn up ... Maldini would make the defence stronger etc.

3. Changing your clubs team design before opening packs improves your chances of getting a better pack opening.

4. Using a full silver or under bench when playing ranked matches or matches in competition mode will give you easier matchups.

5. Using an offline default team in coop matches will give the entire team a significant boost.

6. Never cross normally ... Run down the flank turn towards the box and double tap B or circle and you'll get the perfect low cross right to the strikers feet (this always works like a glitch)

7. Put anchoring on a CF like Fernando Torres and Centering targets and as soon as you kick off pass the ball to a midfielder and wait 2-3 seconds and give a overhead through ball 8/10 times it will go straight to the CF beating all the defence and your daily through on goal 1vs1 (works like a glitch)

8. To counter the Kickoff glitch on kickoff manually select a CB or DMF and run them all the way back or press down and on the D pad to make it ultra defensive to pull back the defence to track the strikers.

1. If you are playing with 3 players on coop and want to select specific players. You choose the the 6 players you want and make the rest silver balls or less and it significantly improves your chances of getting the players selected you want.
  2. I you want free points on co-op press clear when defending and you'll get the clearance point if you give an over head through ball or pass you won't get the point. However don't always use this as sometimes it may be better to start the counter by keeping the possession and passing

Don't expect konami to not include certain things in the new game just expect to discover them yourself like finding treasure at the bottom of the ocean. Some may drown finding the treasure but some may finally seize it and live in happiness for another year.

There's so many points I can make about the negatives from the trailer and all the news but I rarely see anyone talk about the negatives and the positives too there is alot more to come yet.

The demo is around 70-75% build even that is subject to change to final release. We're not at the demo yet people making all sorts of silly rumours.

You can't walk out at half time when your team is losing and then celebrate when they win at full time.
You've made your points but i choose to believe only on what i've seen, read and heard from konami itself regarding efootball 22. Thats it

Last edited:
It's no coincidence that Pes has been getting worse in terms of offline gameplay since they added the "eFootball" label to the game. The signs were their a few years ago that they were dialling back offline stuff to push their online modes. They even went as far as to reduce exhibition matches in the demo/lite version to 5 minute matches, which funnily enough are 10 minutes if you launch the lite version when its partially installed on consoles.

Last edited:
I've been keeping tabs on evoweb for over 10 years.

Nothing has ever changed even when we had some of the best PES games of all time the negativity was imminent and sometimes overwhelming.

Fair enough we got a shit trailer and so many flaws to ramble on about but let's state the facts here and put our overthinking minds at ease;

1. Crossplay - have you seen call of duty etc? With a flick of a switch you can disable crossplay if that's not your cup of tea stop crying they added a feature that if you want to use to get quicker matches you can.if you don't you simply press off. Why are people losing their shit over this.

2. Graphics - they are a mixture of console new gen old gen and mobile Konami did a terrible job showing the next gen visuals in all magnificence in that roadmap trailer. They do that for every PES since forever so we why would they stop something that helps build credibility and works on the konami audience we can expect that to come soon just remain patient people.

3. Pre build, alpha, beta, demo and then full release. This is a rinse repeat cycle of konami and their game programming progress. We are not even at demo yet and people are pulling their hair out. It really makes me laugh.

4. Expectations Vs Reality - since I've ever seen this forum over 10 years ago some people tend to set the bar of expectations too high, so high that they are disappointed regardless of the outcome. Yes konami are a billion dollar company but the money injected into the PES department is pennies compared to what EA have working with you can expect a flawed game that grows and patched up becomes better over time. But don't expect a flawless game from release day that will just remain as is. We need to be be optimistic but REALISTIC aswell.

All in all I think Konami will give us something with Efootball that will initially displease and anger us but eventually grow on us and become more complex and complete over time especially with the implementation of UNREAL ENGINE 5 that will definitely be a game changer. Talking of the engine the ability to change things instantly in real time etc for the game that's revolutionary in itself and can take us above and beyond in the future.

Some may call me an optimist etc etc but I'll call a spade a spade and if it's full of shit to the extent it's unplayable and broken I'll be the first to say this is utter shite too.

I just feel like it's way too early to jump to conclusions and the final product won't blow us away but will definitely make us smile.

UNREAL ENGINE 5 WILL SURELY BLOW US AWAY 😉
They won't pay you buddy. They already took the money and ran away with it.

They won't pay you buddy. They already took the money and ran away with it.
They don't pay me but they give me an incredible experience and fill the void that FIFA cannot fill. Yes with their many flaws and defects since a child from ISS to now. That's why I'll criticise too but hey ho there's enough of that already here ☮️✌️🏳️🕊️ 😂

Nothing has ever changed even when we had some of the best PES games of all time the negativity was imminent and sometimes overwhelming.

Fair enough we got a shit trailer and so many flaws to ramble on about but let's state the facts here and put our overthinking minds at ease;

1. Crossplay - have you seen call of duty etc? With a flick of a switch you can disable crossplay if that's not your cup of tea stop crying they added a feature that if you want to use to get quicker matches you can.if you don't you simply press off. Why are people losing their shit over this.

2. Graphics - they are a mixture of console new gen old gen and mobile Konami did a terrible job showing the next gen visuals in all magnificence in that roadmap trailer. They do that for every PES since forever so we why would they stop something that helps build credibility and works on the konami audience we can expect that to come soon just remain patient people.

3. Pre build, alpha, beta, demo and then full release. This is a rinse repeat cycle of konami and their game programming progress. We are not even at demo yet and people are pulling their hair out. It really makes me laugh.

4. Expectations Vs Reality - since I've ever seen this forum over 10 years ago some people tend to set the bar of expectations too high, so high that they are disappointed regardless of the outcome. Yes konami are a billion dollar company but the money injected into the PES department is pennies compared to what EA have working with you can expect a flawed game that grows and patched up becomes better over time. But don't expect a flawless game from release day that will just remain as is. We need to be be optimistic but REALISTIC aswell.

All in all I think Konami will give us something with Efootball that will initially displease and anger us but eventually grow on us and become more complex and complete over time especially with the implementation of UNREAL ENGINE 5 that will definitely be a game changer. Talking of the engine the ability to change things instantly in real time etc for the game that's revolutionary in itself and can take us above and beyond in the future.

Some may call me an optimist etc etc but I'll call a spade a spade and if it's full of shit to the extent it's unplayable and broken I'll be the first to say this is utter shite too.

I just feel like it's way too early to jump to conclusions and the final product won't blow us away but will definitely make us smile.

There is negativity and there's pragmatism. Any forum which is designed for people who love something often lacks balance either because people will defend it to the death or are so annoyed they can't see anything good.

Unfortunately you have ignored years of evidence and some significant details in this post...the fact the game has to support mobiles being the biggest.

I always find it hard to understand when people refuse to accept PES is absolutely miles away from where it should be, even if they enjoy it. I prefer PES20/21 over FIFA and have played more PES since 2008 than I have FIFA but even when I've preferred it, there is absolutely no argument that it is deeply lacking in almost every department. It's saved by the fact FIFA's football fundamentals or core is horrible. It's hard to explain that but although it does lots well, it never feels or looks like a game of football.

All of those flaws are evident in the trailer and regardless of whether it might be an enjoyable game, those things simply shouldn't exist anymore. I expect so much more from a next gen title on an engine which is publicly available, powerful and has a relatively unlimited pool of development resource available.

To continue assuming the final game will be different or they just messed up the announcement at this point is just insanity. You can enjoy the game in its current state, I've no problem with that, but do it objectively.

There is negativity and there's pragmatism. Any forum which is designed for people who love something often lacks balance either because people will defend it to the death or are so annoyed they can't see anything good.

Unfortunately you have ignored years of evidence and some significant details in this post...the fact the game has to support mobiles being the biggest.

I always find it hard to understand when people refuse to accept PES is absolutely miles away from where it should be, even if they enjoy it. I prefer PES20/21 over FIFA and have played more PES since 2008 than I have FIFA but even when I've preferred it, there is absolutely no argument that it is deeply lacking in almost every department. It's saved by the fact FIFA's football fundamentals or core is horrible. It's hard to explain that but although it does lots well, it never feels or looks like a game of football.

All of those flaws are evident in the trailer and regardless of whether it might be an enjoyable game, those things simply shouldn't exist anymore. I expect so much more from a next gen title on an engine which is publicly available, powerful and has a relatively unlimited pool of development resource available.

To continue assuming the final game will be different or they just messed up the announcement at this point is just insanity. You can enjoy the game in its current state, I've no problem with that, but do it objectively.
I feel the same way there's no room for excuses we need to somehow rethink the whole process of feedback to Konami etc there need to be more involvement from us people and they should source external help in terms of marketing branding and music lol.

We are just sick and tired of being sick and tired but there's still a glimmer of hope.

They have definitely messed up the announcement because it looks rushed and like a voiceover from fiverr.com. I feel like they quickly made that roadmap to tell people what the plans are upcoming events and stages but the next gen stuff the gameplay reveal etc that's all in the making. Well we sure do hope so at this point🤲🏼

Who needs more leagues when you have more power? Remember, you are powerful...

I can't get that Godforsaken song out of my head, I hate it so much and yet it doesn't go away, sometimes I'm just chilling and it randomly comes up in my head "You are powerful. You are powerful." anyone else suffering from Bad Konami Trailer Music Psychological Disorder (BKTMPD)?
My 3-yo son used to listen to a song with similar title, (same dumb pseudomotivation song but for babies)

I havent listened to this "you are powerfull" but i bet the "you are a star" song , listening it in 1Hour non-stop repeat, is much much terrible experince.. :D :P

My 3-yo son used to listen to a song with similar title, (same dumb pseudomotivation song but for babies)

I havent listened to this "you are powerfull" but i bet the "you are a star" song , listening it in 1Hour non-stop repeat, is much much terrible experince.. :D :P
I've just listened to it once and the thought of ever doing it again sounds like torture xD.
I can imagine that if you had to listen to it constantly you're probably traumatized, PTSD, I'm very sorry you had to endure this pain, my friend.
Still, you don't have to worry much, soon your son will grow and he'll stop liking this stuff... because he'll start liking other things that you can't stand instead, and after that he'll become a teenager and you will all definitely have a very fun time when that happens because teenagers are very easy to raise... no, wait...
Jokes aside, at least this song had more lyrics than "You are powerful." and tells kids to clean up without being asked and to work hard, I'm not sure if it works and they actually do it considering how kids usually couldn't care less about anything they consider boring, I know I didn't, but hey, the makers of the song had their heart in the right place I guess...

Generally the latest chapter in the saga is the one that gets criticized the most- true, but I think it's in the normal state of things and certainly not a prerogative of Pes. You could say the same for every single annual-release (sic) sport based title.

However, I also remember Pes 2018 was received moderately well, until all the flaws became much more obvious, and there was some genuine excitement towards Pes 2020 before Konami decided to go for the usual route with it. I think, leaving aside all the crystal clear signals we got in the past few weeks, it's perfectly rational to be skeptic of a company incapable to put out a completely satisfying title in a whole gen.

That said.. having some curious flashbacks..
Thanos-in-Infinity-War.jpg

I feel the same way there's no room for excuses we need to somehow rethink the whole process of feedback to Konami etc there need to be more involvement from us people and they should source external help in terms of marketing branding and music lol.

We are just sick and tired of being sick and tired but there's still a glimmer of hope.

They have definitely messed up the announcement because it looks rushed and like a voiceover from fiverr.com. I feel like they quickly made that roadmap to tell people what the plans are upcoming events and stages but the next gen stuff the gameplay reveal etc that's all in the making. Well we sure do hope so at this point🤲🏼

what whole feedback process? They dont care, they dont listen. One of the admins already explained how feedback used to work, and the only feedback they are interested in is how much money are they making.

So the real and only plausible feedback players could give them, is not buying coíns, not buy any modes offline at all. Only then they MIGHT, consider doing something and listen on what is really bad. Until then if this new football €uro game, makes money they will not make any effort at all, since they Will be proven right with this new model, of F2P (with only 9 teams) but Pay2play in everything else, and P2W if you want to get early satisfaction from It. Só the payment model will be the same, you will pay (less i guess) for the modes you really want, and then probably for leagues teams etc most probably, since its the only way for them to make money out of the licences they have.

i guess its going to be like, you take your friend to your home and he is a fan one licenced team that is not available in the first 9, so they will charge you 1€ for that team, so you can play it local. And the along the road they will be offering some more teams as a bónus.

Last edited:

Would love to know what PES games of the last ten years are considered some the best of all time?

Doesn't really matter because regardless of what you are saying, it's not PES anymore, that's enough for many to be 'negative'

I love the positive thinking! It really warms the heart

I too am also super positive, there’s an open sewer pipe in town and every year I put my mouth to it to see whats coming down the tube. Ok for the last 8 years I’ve got a mouthful of shit.. but who’s to say next time won’t be a nice slice of cake.. and who doesn’t love cake?? Call me a sewer pipe shill all you want but one day I’ll be the one smiling through shit stained teeth.

Has anyone ever heard of an og member called Tandeh?

That was my uncle I used to be on here morning till night reading discussions I was so young back then just about grew a moustache and I would eat sleep live PES.

I have never posted before.

Many many years later I'm alot older I have a wife son etc I have my own account I don't need to be posting to be reading the discussions.

In reply to the assumptions.

It's confirmed from multiple sources and the main men and a few more but they are yet to be verified for authenticity.

1. Crossplay can be disabled anytime. If you want to play next gen Vs next gen that's an option there for you - this in a way is slightly implemented right now with the servers on co-op have you noticed the gameplay differences with different lobbies and different players from different countries huge gameplay and latency differences... If you want smoother better gameplay you gotta play in your own lobby or someone from your country etc.

2. Graphics will be drastically improved wait and see .. there are images of the menus and pitches and turf, models etc konami will release content very soon regarding just the graphical improvements and comparisons. Looks amazing. What you've seen so far is basically the trailer for PES lite. The main game (next gen) with dlc to highlight the improvements etc will be releasing with a visual heavy trailer soon so stay tuned for that btw it sure looks way better that FIFA 22
😁👌

3. No proper gameplay has been shown because they are going to release a video tour guide of each gameplay manoeuvre and new additions and animations in a separate video. (Iniesta will feature in that again). The main issue which was responsiveness has been fixed making the game look smooth and flowing (buffed ironed out PES 21) which is what we wanted right ?

4. There's a rumour going around that we will play a mobile game on a console however it's far from the truth you know the main reason for unreal wasn't for gameplay and graphics that was already up to scratch according to Konami. The main reason for unreal was adaptation to further enhance our experience when we're at home we can play the best version on our console and when we're out we can play the best version on mobile too not a dumbed down version. The rumour mill is going nuts because frankly konami has done a ridiculously stupid job with the marketing as always and been extremely vague hence extreme confusion.

The only way to put this into an example that we can relate to is ... Till today we've been playing PES 20&21 for 2 years .. Yet still there's no explanation on how certain mechanics in the game work we are left finding these conundrums ourselves and discovering Easter eggs in the game that konami won't themselves expand or explain.

Here's some really great examples:

1. Pairing up with someone with a good connection as host to coop matches will significantly improve your lag and gameplay on coop

2. Setting a captain who's on full form and has fighting spirit will improve the whole area he plays in e.g Ronaldo on form the attack will be better ... Beckham on form will make the midfield turn up ... Maldini would make the defence stronger etc.

3. Changing your clubs team design before opening packs improves your chances of getting a better pack opening.

4. Using a full silver or under bench when playing ranked matches or matches in competition mode will give you easier matchups.

5. Using an offline default team in coop matches will give the entire team a significant boost.

6. Never cross normally ... Run down the flank turn towards the box and double tap B or circle and you'll get the perfect low cross right to the strikers feet (this always works like a glitch)

7. Put anchoring on a CF like Fernando Torres and Centering targets and as soon as you kick off pass the ball to a midfielder and wait 2-3 seconds and give a overhead through ball 8/10 times it will go straight to the CF beating all the defence and your daily through on goal 1vs1 (works like a glitch)

8. To counter the Kickoff glitch on kickoff manually select a CB or DMF and run them all the way back or press down and on the D pad to make it ultra defensive to pull back the defence to track the strikers.

1. If you are playing with 3 players on coop and want to select specific players. You choose the the 6 players you want and make the rest silver balls or less and it significantly improves your chances of getting the players selected you want.
  2. I you want free points on co-op press clear when defending and you'll get the clearance point if you give an over head through ball or pass you won't get the point. However don't always use this as sometimes it may be better to start the counter by keeping the possession and passing

Don't expect konami to not include certain things in the new game just expect to discover them yourself like finding treasure at the bottom of the ocean. Some may drown finding the treasure but some may finally seize it and live in happiness for another year.

There's so many points I can make about the negatives from the trailer and all the news but I rarely see anyone talk about the negatives and the positives too there is alot more to come yet.

The demo is around 70-75% build even that is subject to change to final release. We're not at the demo yet people making all sorts of silly rumours.

You can't walk out at half time when your team is losing and then celebrate when they win at full time.

There is nothing confirmed what you said! A Guy on Reddit who nobody knows posted it. And sadly to say but you are not an optimist. Your are a dreamer and all you says is what you dream what it will be. But Konami wont build a separate Next Gen Game or dlc like you mention. Nobody at Konami says just a little bit about a next Gen DLC. And when you look on the Road Map you will see that the Crossplay with Mobile wil come in Winter. So Online Beta is the New Game and will also look like it because there are no other Plans from Konami!

Great tip bro. Definitely no signs of cognitive biases affecting how you perceive things and the inferences you're willing to make.

I also like how you re-wrote Reddit-guy's comments up as though they are entirely uncontroversial, simply confirmed information from the horse's mouth.

It just screams "intellectually honest".

I too am also super positive, there’s an open sewer pipe in town and every year I put my mouth to it to see whats coming down the tube. Ok for the last 8 years I’ve got a mouthful of shit.. but who’s to say next time won’t be a nice slice of cake.. and who doesn’t love cake?? Call me a sewer pipe shill all you want but one day I’ll be the one smiling through shit stained teeth.
:LOL:
1de26ccd-f1fa-4bf1-9350-97956ddcccb6_text.gif

Switching off cross play != (is NOT equal to) Switching on next gen AI/gameplay

What part of this is so hard for some people to comprehend?!?!

I think maybe the generous approach to take is that some of us are a little earlier along on our respective 'konami summer of hype, misinformation, bemusement, hope, and letdown' curves.

If you've been doing this since 2007 with the release of pes 2008, and remember the wenb podcast where somebody claimed to have spoken to someone who had seen a version of pes 2008 that completely blew away fifa 2008, and indeed konami's own trailer, then you've seen it all one too many times.

If this is only your first, second, third, fourth, fifth, six, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth or eleventh rodeo, then you're maybe still willing to believe konami are still working on the super - secret 'truly next gen' title behind closed doors, as they have been since 2007 (they just haven't quite got all their ducks (penguins) in a row yet...)

Saying all that, I'm still actually holding out for a super next gen version of pes 22 to be shown at the end of august.
And I really do mean pes 2022.
Because this is all obviously a konami strategy.
Just like that time their goal nets were so limp and saggy, they practically hung over the goal line. That was a strategy too.

With the Konami though, the pipe is also transparent, so you can already see what coming down the pipe.

I don't know, this reads like a massive cope to me.

Back
Top Bottom