eFootball (All Platforms)

That fucking circle
It does look shite, but it can easily be turned off. I did so in NFGOPT.

I know the circle probably augured more to us back then than just an ugly UI change though; it signalled to everyone immediately "mobile game" – even those of us who realised it is an early version of the next game.

Don't usually watch a YouTuber's videos for very long, but. It's really nice to hear someone outside of a hardcore community say this - particularly a "FIFA YouTuber".

good stuff, Chris. Thanks for posting... but is it just me, or wouldn't it be so much better if the guy could slow down a bit? I mean, just frenetic pace ...
Using old-gen speeder slang - something like this would work:
Code:
count.factor = 0.5

Was talking to my elder son the other day about this. Seems like it's a thing - you gotta talk as quickly as you can and also sprinkle explosions / quick transitions to keep the viewer's attention.

On the subject:
It is quite refreshing and nice to hear our own sentiments from supposedly more of a FIFA guy. And from what looks like a very young person too. We tend to simplify things and generalize unnecessarily based on age, tastes, and so on, which then can look silly.

Last edited:
"Iniesta, make kicking sounds with your foot too if you can. We'll import those into the game!"
View attachment 112989
Well, looking at the location of the microphone... it's more like recording other ... sounds coming from .. there... I don't know man... it's weird ... after all, they are Japanese, so it's not out of the question!
And it could be the easter eggs for Shressi DLC ... we all know what Shrek likes to do the most, and Konami wanna make a photo and SOUND realistic game, right?

Oh ... I can even imagine it ... how he runs and ...
599514.png
.. damn it .. now I can't get it out of my mind... I blame you for that!

I know I know I know ... it's very childish but I can't help myself, sorry!

Last edited:
I've been keeping tabs on evoweb for over 10 years.

Nothing has ever changed even when we had some of the best PES games of all time the negativity was imminent and sometimes overwhelming.

Fair enough we got a shit trailer and so many flaws to ramble on about but let's state the facts here and put our overthinking minds at ease;

1. Crossplay - have you seen call of duty etc? With a flick of a switch you can disable crossplay if that's not your cup of tea stop crying they added a feature that if you want to use to get quicker matches you can.if you don't you simply press off. Why are people losing their shit over this.

2. Graphics - they are a mixture of console new gen old gen and mobile Konami did a terrible job showing the next gen visuals in all magnificence in that roadmap trailer. They do that for every PES since forever so we why would they stop something that helps build credibility and works on the konami audience we can expect that to come soon just remain patient people.

3. Pre build, alpha, beta, demo and then full release. This is a rinse repeat cycle of konami and their game programming progress. We are not even at demo yet and people are pulling their hair out. It really makes me laugh.

4. Expectations Vs Reality - since I've ever seen this forum over 10 years ago some people tend to set the bar of expectations too high, so high that they are disappointed regardless of the outcome. Yes konami are a billion dollar company but the money injected into the PES department is pennies compared to what EA have working with you can expect a flawed game that grows and patched up becomes better over time. But don't expect a flawless game from release day that will just remain as is. We need to be be optimistic but REALISTIC aswell.

All in all I think Konami will give us something with Efootball that will initially displease and anger us but eventually grow on us and become more complex and complete over time especially with the implementation of UNREAL ENGINE 5 that will definitely be a game changer. Talking of the engine the ability to change things instantly in real time etc for the game that's revolutionary in itself and can take us above and beyond in the future.

Some may call me an optimist etc etc but I'll call a spade a spade and if it's full of shit to the extent it's unplayable and broken I'll be the first to say this is utter shite too.

I just feel like it's way too early to jump to conclusions and the final product won't blow us away but will definitely make us smile.

UNREAL ENGINE 5 WILL SURELY BLOW US AWAY 😉

Hello. More Leagues? Anyone?
Who needs more leagues when you have more power? Remember, you are powerful...

I can't get that Godforsaken song out of my head, I hate it so much and yet it doesn't go away, sometimes I'm just chilling and it randomly comes up in my head "You are powerful. You are powerful." anyone else suffering from Bad Konami Trailer Music Psychological Disorder (BKTMPD)?

Who needs more leagues when you have more power? Remember, you are powerful...

I can't get that Godforsaken song out of my head, I hate it so much and yet it doesn't go away, sometimes I'm just chilling and it randomly comes up in my head "You are powerful. You are powerful." anyone else suffering from Bad Konami Trailer Music Psychological Disorder (BKTMPD)?
I can definitely relate 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Where from? A padded cell?

Never read such a load of hand-waving nonsense in all my life. All you've done is trotted out the usual series of tired and overused clichés employed by every useless Konami shill that's tried to stem the tide of criticism since PES started going down the drain.

As for your non-arguments that aren't even original to this release cycle and have already been rebutted countless times in this very thread (you apparently don't keep tabs very closely):

1) Oh you can just turn it off, nothing to worry about then, the fact the game has to support being played on a mobile in the first place is just an insignifigant detail in your accounting.

2) Ah yes, the next-gen visuals are there they've just forgotten to show them in any way, shape or form. How convenient.

3) "Muh early build." Never mind the betas/demos are usually better than the final release.

4) "Muh unrealistic expectations". The expectations had nothing to do with Konami themselves right, the community just imagined something next-gen out of thin air.

Instant addition to the ignore list.

Nothing has ever changed even when we had some of the best PES games of all time the negativity was imminent and sometimes overwhelming.

Fair enough we got a shit trailer and so many flaws to ramble on about but let's state the facts here and put our overthinking minds at ease;

1. Crossplay - have you seen call of duty etc? With a flick of a switch you can disable crossplay if that's not your cup of tea stop crying they added a feature that if you want to use to get quicker matches you can.if you don't you simply press off. Why are people losing their shit over this.

2. Graphics - they are a mixture of console new gen old gen and mobile Konami did a terrible job showing the next gen visuals in all magnificence in that roadmap trailer. They do that for every PES since forever so we why would they stop something that helps build credibility and works on the konami audience we can expect that to come soon just remain patient people.

3. Pre build, alpha, beta, demo and then full release. This is a rinse repeat cycle of konami and their game programming progress. We are not even at demo yet and people are pulling their hair out. It really makes me laugh.

4. Expectations Vs Reality - since I've ever seen this forum over 10 years ago some people tend to set the bar of expectations too high, so high that they are disappointed regardless of the outcome. Yes konami are a billion dollar company but the money injected into the PES department is pennies compared to what EA have working with you can expect a flawed game that grows and patched up becomes better over time. But don't expect a flawless game from release day that will just remain as is. We need to be be optimistic but REALISTIC aswell.

All in all I think Konami will give us something with Efootball that will initially displease and anger us but eventually grow on us and become more complex and complete over time especially with the implementation of UNREAL ENGINE 5 that will definitely be a game changer. Talking of the engine the ability to change things instantly in real time etc for the game that's revolutionary in itself and can take us above and beyond in the future.

Some may call me an optimist etc etc but I'll call a spade a spade and if it's full of shit to the extent it's unplayable and broken I'll be the first to say this is utter shite too.

I just feel like it's way too early to jump to conclusions and the final product won't blow us away but will definitely make us smile.

"A pessimist is a well-informed optimist". - Mark Twain

I think you bring up many good points, the part about how many good PES games were poorly received at first is true, usually the reaction to new games is indeed negative, possibly due to what you've mentioned in point number 4, and they grow more positive with time as new titles come out and people start to appreciate some parts of the older titles more, which they didn't appreciate as much before.

I also agree with point number 2 and on Unreal Engine 5, once that's introduced, probably through an update, I have no doubt that it's gonna be better and also look stunning, the reactions regarding the graphics might end up proven exaggerated with time too if the PS5/XSX versions do indeed turn out photorealistic like they've said, I believe that will be the case since the beggining of the trailer with the stadiums looks infinitely better than the rest of it, and they talked a lot about graphics since that Messi trailer, I don't doubt it was a case of Konami marketing being so bad that they thought it was a good idea to show the Mobile and/or Beta PS4/XBO versions of the game instead of a PS5/XSX and/or more recent PS4/XBO version of it, Konami's marketing has always made decisions that left us speechless, not in a good way, so this is nothing new.

Regarding point number 3, I'm not sure, while I agree that there's a chance we might've seen nothing substancial, that's Konami's fault for how they handle these things, we get very little information and when we do it can sometimes be conflicting, we also have no idea what version of the game was displayed at the trailer, because Konami didn't tell us, or if it's an earlier build, because Konami didn't tell us that either, we've waited months for a 6 minute trailer that raised so many questions and then we were essentially told to wait another month for more information, naturally people will get upset, even if the end product turns out to be better.

With point number 1, I'm led to believe that we will have options regarding crossplay, if we want it on or off, and with what platforms we're willing to crossplay with, if they do that I'd say that it would already help a lot, but that's not the only concern, the main concern is that for a PS5/XSX to play against mobile the gameplay between both versions would have to be the same, it has to fit the capabilities of the lowest common denominator for it to work, the only way around this would be for that reddit post to be true, with the gameplay actually changing depending if you're crossplaying or not, but that would be a revolutionary technology, and considering Konami and their trackrecord recently I'd say that it's hard to believe they'd pull off something like this, it's definitely possible, but it's hard to not be skeptical, and that means that the PS5/XSX could end up as a mobile game, just with next generation graphics, which would be frustrating.

In the end all we can do is wait for the final product, or at least more announcements from Konami, maybe in the end it might make us smile just like you've said, I think it's very possible that most of us will download it, maybe even buy the offline mode DLCs further down the line, and then we'll complain about the game and modes on the forums like we usually do when a new PES comes out, perhaps things don't change around here as much as I was afraid it would, but still, the lack of mentions to offline and the emphasis on 1-on-1 leads me to believe that we're not the target audience at all, that the AI and offline modes might be even more neglected than before, maybe this isn't the case, but once again Konami is terrible at comunicating with us and have given us no reason to believe that this won't be the case.

Sorry for the wall of text, I usually end up writing too much, can't help myself for some reason, but yeah, I disagree on some points you've brought up, but I agree on some of them too, and I believe that what you've said is valid, I respect your opinion, also I really wish that you're the one who's right in the end and that the game does make us smile, I know I probably won't like it that much regardless of how it ends up simply because I love physical media, so it being digital only is a huge negative for me, but I've downloaded PES Lite before, so maybe I'll get used to it and grow to like it, it all depends on how the gameplay turns out, and only time will tell how that's gonna end up.

I do like how every single year without fail, there's a new user who has been a member for about a minute that is here to inform us (in a very inflammatory manner, might I add) that we're all reactionary, misguided, negative, idiotic, etc. They do that up until and a bit after launch and then they magically vanish into the night. :THINK:

Allow me to introduce you to the following:

prec·e·dent
noun
noun: precedent; plural noun: precedents
/ˈpresəd(ə)nt/
  1. an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

... This ... is ... sarcasm right?

Yea that would be a nice eSarcastaball game!

🤓

Last edited:
All in all I think Konami will give us something with Efootball that will initially displease and anger us

You are in fact in agreement with all the "negative" people here, that efootballz will probably be shit, based on what we know. You're just saying that it may develop into something good in maybe 5 years or something. Errr... I suppose no one can rule that out, lol.

You've just reminded me of this:

I'd unironically love to play an eSarcastaball game, especially if it was for free and it told me about how powerful I am in it's trailers!
Oh yes. It was a tiping error. It should be "sarcastaball".

And yea, I'm also hyped to play this game on my Samsung Mobilephone from 2017. I mean, real next gen 720p resolution - that is awesome :BY:

edit: We need more Konamis mojo...!

• Haha
Reactions: MKC
There are actually 2 "eBaseball" titles, Pawapuro (the one with a cartoonish character) and "Professional Baseball Spirits". Compared to last few PES titles, they had better offline modes.

Pawapuro 2020

Professional Baseball Sprits 2021 (Nintendo Switch only)
Yes it appears Konami killed the original game Pro Yakyū Spirits in 2019 and have brought it back as eBaseball (maybe they merged it with the cartoon looking game). The original game Pro Yakyū Spirits Baseball was a PS3/PS4 Japanese exclusive and English/American users swore by it, known for it's realistic gameplay over MLB The Show. The game physics were said to be way more realistic and was based on a real physics engine unlike MLB The Show that used a table for their ball physics. The new eBaseball game is only available for Nintendo Switch a stepdown from the PS4/PS5.

Yes it appears Konami killed the original game Pro Yakyū Spirits in 2019 and have brought it back as eBaseball (maybe they merged it with the cartoon looking game). The original game Pro Yakyū Spirits Baseball was a PS3/PS4 Japanese exclusive and English/American users swore by it, known for it's realistic gameplay over MLB The Show. The game physics were said to be way more realistic and was based on a real physics engine unlike MLB The Show that used a table for their ball physics. The new eBaseball game is only available for Nintendo Switch a stepdown from the PS4/PS5.
Pro Yakuu Spirits is dope and is superior to MLB: The Show in quite a few ways. It also absolutely nailed the presentation and feel of the NPB (Nippon Professional Baseball). It puts The Show to shame in that aspect.

Please valid your Arguments on facts!

1. crossplay - Until today nobody knows if you can disable crossplay! Konami didnt say a thing about it. So we must take this as a fact that we cant turn crossplay of. And nobody has a Problem with Corssplay but with Crossplay with mobile,

2. Graphics - Not in the Beta or in the Trailer Konami showed us some Next Gen Footage. And even in the Beta was the Stadium Scenes. So maybe they are only pre rendert. Konami didnt mention that ist will be looking Photorealistic since the Trailer. So why did you think it will looking better than this what we see? Even the Roadmap has nothing in it about Visuels.

3. The Gameplay of the Beta was okay but not Next Gen or revolutionary.

4. Expectations Vs Reality- we expect Next Gen and will become Mobile! This is what Konami showed us and comment to us! Maybe in 5 Year when the Mobiles get better we will have better Graphic. But now is now! And now we will become a Mobile Game!

This are the Facts and not some conclusions or something like this!

I had a few beers and turned on Netflix, clicked random movie search and im watching how crack destroyed USA. I think its on topic..

It does look shite, but it can easily be turned off. I did so in NFGOPT.

I know the circle probably augured more to us back then than just an ugly UI change though; it signalled to everyone immediately "mobile game" – even those of us who realised it is an early version of the next game.

That is Exactly the problem. It screems MOBILE game wich means a game with zero ambition for nextgen technlogy.

The Idea of moving to a New Engine with a start of New console generation was all hype, specially after UE5 demos. But what we are really getting with the "mobile" inclusive mentality and strategy fucked up everything.

Fuck inclusivity!!!

Has anyone ever heard of an og member called Tandeh?

That was my uncle I used to be on here morning till night reading discussions I was so young back then just about grew a moustache and I would eat sleep live PES.

I have never posted before.

Many many years later I'm alot older I have a wife son etc I have my own account I don't need to be posting to be reading the discussions.

In reply to the assumptions.

It's confirmed from multiple sources and the main men and a few more but they are yet to be verified for authenticity.

1. Crossplay can be disabled anytime. If you want to play next gen Vs next gen that's an option there for you - this in a way is slightly implemented right now with the servers on co-op have you noticed the gameplay differences with different lobbies and different players from different countries huge gameplay and latency differences... If you want smoother better gameplay you gotta play in your own lobby or someone from your country etc.

2. Graphics will be drastically improved wait and see .. there are images of the menus and pitches and turf, models etc konami will release content very soon regarding just the graphical improvements and comparisons. Looks amazing. What you've seen so far is basically the trailer for PES lite. The main game (next gen) with dlc to highlight the improvements etc will be releasing with a visual heavy trailer soon so stay tuned for that btw it sure looks way better that FIFA 22
😁👌

3. No proper gameplay has been shown because they are going to release a video tour guide of each gameplay manoeuvre and new additions and animations in a separate video. (Iniesta will feature in that again). The main issue which was responsiveness has been fixed making the game look smooth and flowing (buffed ironed out PES 21) which is what we wanted right ?

4. There's a rumour going around that we will play a mobile game on a console however it's far from the truth you know the main reason for unreal wasn't for gameplay and graphics that was already up to scratch according to Konami. The main reason for unreal was adaptation to further enhance our experience when we're at home we can play the best version on our console and when we're out we can play the best version on mobile too not a dumbed down version. The rumour mill is going nuts because frankly konami has done a ridiculously stupid job with the marketing as always and been extremely vague hence extreme confusion.

The only way to put this into an example that we can relate to is ... Till today we've been playing PES 20&21 for 2 years .. Yet still there's no explanation on how certain mechanics in the game work we are left finding these conundrums ourselves and discovering Easter eggs in the game that konami won't themselves expand or explain.

Here's some really great examples:

1. Pairing up with someone with a good connection as host to coop matches will significantly improve your lag and gameplay on coop

2. Setting a captain who's on full form and has fighting spirit will improve the whole area he plays in e.g Ronaldo on form the attack will be better ... Beckham on form will make the midfield turn up ... Maldini would make the defence stronger etc.

3. Changing your clubs team design before opening packs improves your chances of getting a better pack opening.

4. Using a full silver or under bench when playing ranked matches or matches in competition mode will give you easier matchups.

5. Using an offline default team in coop matches will give the entire team a significant boost.

6. Never cross normally ... Run down the flank turn towards the box and double tap B or circle and you'll get the perfect low cross right to the strikers feet (this always works like a glitch)

7. Put anchoring on a CF like Fernando Torres and Centering targets and as soon as you kick off pass the ball to a midfielder and wait 2-3 seconds and give a overhead through ball 8/10 times it will go straight to the CF beating all the defence and your daily through on goal 1vs1 (works like a glitch)

8. To counter the Kickoff glitch on kickoff manually select a CB or DMF and run them all the way back or press down and on the D pad to make it ultra defensive to pull back the defence to track the strikers.

1. If you are playing with 3 players on coop and want to select specific players. You choose the the 6 players you want and make the rest silver balls or less and it significantly improves your chances of getting the players selected you want.
  2. I you want free points on co-op press clear when defending and you'll get the clearance point if you give an over head through ball or pass you won't get the point. However don't always use this as sometimes it may be better to start the counter by keeping the possession and passing

Don't expect konami to not include certain things in the new game just expect to discover them yourself like finding treasure at the bottom of the ocean. Some may drown finding the treasure but some may finally seize it and live in happiness for another year.

There's so many points I can make about the negatives from the trailer and all the news but I rarely see anyone talk about the negatives and the positives too there is alot more to come yet.

The demo is around 70-75% build even that is subject to change to final release. We're not at the demo yet people making all sorts of silly rumours.

You can't walk out at half time when your team is losing and then celebrate when they win at full time.

Has anyone ever heard of an og member called Tandeh?

That was my uncle I used to be on here morning till night reading discussions I was so young back then just about grew a moustache and I would eat sleep live PES.

I have never posted before.

Many many years later I'm alot older I have a wife son etc I have my own account I don't need to be posting to be reading the discussions.

In reply to the assumptions.

It's confirmed from multiple sources and the main men and a few more but they are yet to be verified for authenticity.

1. Crossplay can be disabled anytime. If you want to play next gen Vs next gen that's an option there for you - this in a way is slightly implemented right now with the servers on co-op have you noticed the gameplay differences with different lobbies and different players from different countries huge gameplay and latency differences... If you want smoother better gameplay you gotta play in your own lobby or someone from your country etc.

2. Graphics will be drastically improved wait and see .. there are images of the menus and pitches and turf, models etc konami will release content very soon regarding just the graphical improvements and comparisons. Looks amazing. What you've seen so far is basically the trailer for PES lite. The main game (next gen) with dlc to highlight the improvements etc will be releasing with a visual heavy trailer soon so stay tuned for that btw it sure looks way better that FIFA 22
😁👌

3. No proper gameplay has been shown because they are going to release a video tour guide of each gameplay manoeuvre and new additions and animations in a separate video. (Iniesta will feature in that again). The main issue which was responsiveness has been fixed making the game look smooth and flowing (buffed ironed out PES 21) which is what we wanted right ?

4. There's a rumour going around that we will play a mobile game on a console however it's far from the truth you know the main reason for unreal wasn't for gameplay and graphics that was already up to scratch according to Konami. The main reason for unreal was adaptation to further enhance our experience when we're at home we can play the best version on our console and when we're out we can play the best version on mobile too not a dumbed down version. The rumour mill is going nuts because frankly konami has done a ridiculously stupid job with the marketing as always and been extremely vague hence extreme confusion.

The only way to put this into an example that we can relate to is ... Till today we've been playing PES 20&21 for 2 years .. Yet still there's no explanation on how certain mechanics in the game work we are left finding these conundrums ourselves and discovering Easter eggs in the game that konami won't themselves expand or explain.

Here's some really great examples:

1. Pairing up with someone with a good connection as host to coop matches will significantly improve your lag and gameplay on coop

2. Setting a captain who's on full form and has fighting spirit will improve the whole area he plays in e.g Ronaldo on form the attack will be better ... Beckham on form will make the midfield turn up ... Maldini would make the defence stronger etc.

3. Changing your clubs team design before opening packs improves your chances of getting a better pack opening.

4. Using a full silver or under bench when playing ranked matches or matches in competition mode will give you easier matchups.

5. Using an offline default team in coop matches will give the entire team a significant boost.

6. Never cross normally ... Run down the flank turn towards the box and double tap B or circle and you'll get the perfect low cross right to the strikers feet (this always works like a glitch)

7. Put anchoring on a CF like Fernando Torres and Centering targets and as soon as you kick off pass the ball to a midfielder and wait 2-3 seconds and give a overhead through ball 8/10 times it will go straight to the CF beating all the defence and your daily through on goal 1vs1 (works like a glitch)

8. To counter the Kickoff glitch on kickoff manually select a CB or DMF and run them all the way back or press down and on the D pad to make it ultra defensive to pull back the defence to track the strikers.

1. If you are playing with 3 players on coop and want to select specific players. You choose the the 6 players you want and make the rest silver balls or less and it significantly improves your chances of getting the players selected you want.
  2. I you want free points on co-op press clear when defending and you'll get the clearance point if you give an over head through ball or pass you won't get the point. However don't always use this as sometimes it may be better to start the counter by keeping the possession and passing

Don't expect konami to not include certain things in the new game just expect to discover them yourself like finding treasure at the bottom of the ocean. Some may drown finding the treasure but some may finally seize it and live in happiness for another year.

There's so many points I can make about the negatives from the trailer and all the news but I rarely see anyone talk about the negatives and the positives too there is alot more to come yet.

The demo is around 70-75% build even that is subject to change to final release. We're not at the demo yet people making all sorts of silly rumours.

You can't walk out at half time when your team is losing and then celebrate when they win at full time.
It all reminds me of when my moronic ( who I love by the way) best mate bought a camera from a guy in a van 😂.

He never saw the camera in the box he was given,.just the guys camera. I can tell you it was amazing.

Was such a shame when my mate wouldn’t listen to me and when he opened his box after the guy drove off, found nothing inside it 😂.

Back
Top Bottom