eFootball (All Platforms)

i wish the wednesday anouncement/disgrace was on friday so i could have a drink or more to wash that all down...
View attachment 111582

i had a quick look at pro baseball spirits... so the Switch audience gets the sim package now!? what is happening!? :BLINK:

why cant i find a gif where someone is shedding alcohol for the deceased!?
Why all this negative energy on Switch playes lately, com'on dude, we have soul too. :)

Jokes aside ,what would you think, if i told you that FIFA 20 on Switch is better for what is offers and what it is, while it is dumbed down in all aspects, in comparison to FIFA 20 ps4.

Biggest frustration is: trailer showed literally nothing, and the website itself says literally nothing, and from Konami there's no communication whatsoever on offline modes. It's either in it or not, it's not that difficult to say...

Why all this negative energy on Switch playes lately, com'on dude, we have soul too. :)

Jokes aside ,what would you think, if i told you that FIFA 20 on Switch is better for what is offers and what it is, while it is dumbed down in all aspects, in comparison to FIFA 20 ps4.
:D na na na... wasnt meant that way. when i say Switch audience i have a majority of kids (not teens) in mind. not saying a dad/mom or the elderly not enjoying that system. but there is a focus group, right (see their games line up for example)?!
i like some switch games and wish i could play them.

PS: @PRO_TOO the pesmobile up to this moment,does not support Bluetooth gamepads, while for example the psp emulator for android, PPSSPP does support.

I really wonder how they will reprogram the controls in consoles and pesmobile, assuming the gamepad-to-mobile compatibility, is their last milestone. I mean the "game" will be already released until then.

Anyway I'm seeing a lot of casual players cheering for PES F2P, ignoring that PES Lite was exactly that.

They made it, their marketing and rebranding worked, it's a big W for Konami business talking

Biggest frustration is: trailer showed literally nothing, and the website itself says literally nothing, and from Konami there's no communication whatsoever on offline modes. It's either in it or not, it's not that difficult to say...
Given the fact that the ai has been getting progressively worse in the last few PES games, it seems clear to me that they have pretty much been trying to make offline modes less appealing to push more gamers to myclub. This decision has backfired on them and rightly so.

Last edited:
I dont think there's any hope left.
Even IF they bring back ML (which is a big IF), even IF they add a lot of leagues to it (which is even bigger IF), even IF its playable, since AI was developed for UserVsUser gameplay (here we approach mount Everest of IFs) - we will still be dealing with bare bones controls.
When you create a game to crossplay console/PC with mobile devices - you simply cant implement all the controls there. Thats why there was shit loads of advanced controls missing in New Football Game. We thought it was bare bones version just to test network stability. But this is what we get. Mobile can handle half of controls on the screen, so thats what we'll be getting as well..

This. Incredible. They have all these new opportunities with the Dualsense for example and they do this. Just mind- boggling. A company that historically has prided themselves on being innovative and put gameplay first and foremost. So, so sad.

First time in 23 years... Don't know what to do with myself. Continue playing pes 2021 or go to fifa.. Or be done with it all at 39 wouldn't be a bad thing.

Better play something that tries to be new instead of being attached to the past. I would play Fifa.

Anyway I'm seeing a lot of casual players cheering for PES F2P, ignoring that PES Lite was exactly that.
With Konami marketing and communication - a lot of them probably never heard of Pes Lite.
Besides - with new engine and next gen - it wasnt certain if they will keep the free to play option. So I would give then benefit of the doubt.
No one would expect that this is all we'll get, but thats another story.. :LOL:

and konami is not gonna force those mobile gamers to use a controller! so yes, thats a valid point.
same as with the gameplay features (lets assume the gfx will be scaleable and looking much better on PS5), its the smallest common denominator thats holding back the game! ^^
Imagine trying to squish all of the options we have in PES2021 for game plan, master league, etc. onto a tiny screen. It's just not going to happen, something will have to give.

They cheaped out and are releasing a jim sterling voice LoIvE sErViCe free to pay game, which uses the same shoddy mobile engine on all platforms, meaning obviously simplified gameplay otherwise how will mobile play, graphics that look like an absolute scam compared to their 2020 teaser trailer and worse than vanilla pes 2021, paid unlockable offline content like master league (and by the looks of it, it'll probably be the exact same as in later entries) and be a legend, which even though it took them two years to develop somehow won't be ready until winter, and acting like this is good.
They cheaped out:TU: exactly! But for years people said how cheap and greedy Konami has become, whoever is running that company is killing their reputation. They will be looked at as cheap development.

I think I'm still in shock to be honest, the brass neck is incredible. For them to even now say that including mobile cross play hasn't diluted the overall product is such a laughable lie. All that talk of next gen and amazing graphics etc and they're here pushing a tarted up mobile game to people who've just shelled out approx £500 on a next gen console. :LOL:

I don't want to seem too defeatist but I think this is the beginning of the end generally for the older gamers who valued single player. I expect more and more games to become online only going forward as online allows so many more options for lootboxes and other rip off tactics.

the other games discussion is about the commentary at the moment, so i want to take the opportunity to discuss this here as well.

so Drury is still in the game... no new lines (or complete new commentary) recorded for years?! that fact alone shows the laziness and indifference from Konami's side. they just dont care for that kinda stuff. it really is about the money only. so sad! again.

This. Incredible. They have all these new opportunities with the Dualsense for example and they do this. Just mind- boggling. A company that historically has prided themselves on being innovative and put gameplay first and foremost. So, so sad.

They can still innovate on mobile.
For example with just a simple tilting of the phone, all players could -literally- drop back to one side of the screen to defend or burst forward for a devastating counter, with cool looking fruit ninja physics!

Do you guys think that this half assed online-only game was planned from the start?
Two years ago they promised working on master league (I think @Chris Davies posted a screenshot earlier in this thread), speaking of lifelike graphics and so on. I know it’s Konami and we should take everything with a grain of salt, but such blatant lies would have been a new low, even for Konami. Then this exclusive licence with Napoli including their training ground. This fits nowhere in their „roadmap“, so why the effort and the money?
Lastly this long period of absence in social media, no advertising during the Euro, nothing.
I can’t help myself but I could imagine that something went terribly wrong during the development, wether it was due to covid or other unforseen circumstances, so that everything went down the drain and all what was left is this terrible outcome of a mobile game.

once again with the puke looking menus.View attachment 111588:PUKE:
colors are totally off! even i get that, and im not into gfx design or similar! its just plain off!!
TTB said it good, when bayern was warming up in a pre match cutscrene and the menu shows those colors... its a total mess!

hey 007, good to see you back!! :BYE:

Well, as we speculated over the last few weeks, this is the direction many game franchises are going in and there is a generation of gamers that are accustomed to this buisiness model and it works for publishers.

I'm just surprised Konami did it before EA.
If EA goes this route too, we are completely fucked. No Football game left to play.

I think this is where they're heading (maybe just not the cartoonish look of players).
Yesterday I said that this game reminds me of FIFA World and I still think it's the case... But FIFA World was way better already (and it's a 7 years old game, even more maybe).
  • It had hundreds of teams to choose from, even mid-tier teams which are the ones I like the most, and you could play non-FUT Online Divisions (the mode I played the most).
  • It was a 100% online game, but... If you wanted offline modes you could go and buy FIFA 14 (and what a game it was, especially on Xbox One).
  • Upon the change of the season, you got to keep your assets (players, kits and such) in FUT, and that allowed to a degree of variety that could not be achieved in "regular" FIFA games (in which your club content in FUT got wiped, season after season).
Well, maybe also eFootball will have online divisions like FIFA World and won't be 100% focused around MyClub (but I doubt they'd work with 9 teams), but we are still missing a good offline game at the moment (even paid) to which we could go back should eFootball not be our cup of tea.
I'm still curious to see what will happen after major upgrades though... Will you get to keep your items or will you be forced to start all over again?
Not to mention, EA still has Fifa online 4, same concept as Fifa world.

Wonder how much will this new eFootball fare against that.

tenor.gif

E football

Do you guys think that this half assed online-only game was planned from the start?
Two years ago they promised working on master league (I think @Chris Davies posted a screenshot earlier in this thread), speaking of lifelike graphics and so on. I know it’s Konami and we should take everything with a grain of salt, but such blatant lies would have been a new low, even for Konami. Then this exclusive licence with Napoli including their training ground. This fits nowhere in their „roadmap“, so why the effort and the money?
Lastly this long period of absence in social media, no advertising during the Euro, nothing.
I can’t help myself but I could imagine that something went terribly wrong during the development, wether it was due to covid or other unforseen circumstances, so that everything went down the drain and all what was left is this terrible outcome of a mobile game.

Nah, nothing went wrong, they just made a strategic decision that makes perfect sense from a business perspective and perfectly caters to a new audience of smug "go play PES 2006" teenagers.

That they shat on the faces of their longtime loyal fans along the way... well, they're a shrinking minority, so who cares?

I dont think there's any hope left.
Even IF they bring back ML (which is a big IF), even IF they add a lot of leagues to it (which is even bigger IF), even IF its playable, since AI was developed for UserVsUser gameplay (here we approach mount Everest of IFs) - we will still be dealing with bare bones controls.
When you create a game to crossplay console/PC with mobile devices - you simply cant implement all the controls there. Thats why there was shit loads of advanced controls missing in New Football Game. We thought it was bare bones version just to test network stability. But this is what we get. Mobile can handle half of controls on the screen, so thats what we'll be getting as well..
Valid point indeed!
Once again the problem is, poor presentation and they leave fans in the dark with a lot of questions.
Now we have to wait another month to get some more info.

After that huge disappointment, I don´t think they´ll shake anything convincing out of their sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom