eFootball (All Platforms)

I cannot believe they are launching this with just 9 teams. Even if more come after a few months this will be super boring after a couple of hours especially as we only have offline friendlies
I still cannot believe that this is a two years worth of development TWO FREAKING YEARS!!!! A small unknown dev with 5 people can produce much more in a short period of time. What the hell were they doing for the last two years, taking vacations? What the actual fudge. I am really furious right now, if I'm being honest. They keep lying straight to our face and we keep supporting them, maybe we are to blame.

If that’s efootball future then I can only laugh.
I think this is where they're heading (maybe just not the cartoonish look of players).
Yesterday I said that this game reminds me of FIFA World and I still think it's the case... But FIFA World was way better already (and it's a 7 years old game, even more maybe).
  • It had hundreds of teams to choose from, even mid-tier teams which are the ones I like the most, and you could play non-FUT Online Divisions (the mode I played the most).
  • It was a 100% online game, but... If you wanted offline modes you could go and buy FIFA 14 (and what a game it was, especially on Xbox One).
  • Upon the change of the season, you got to keep your assets (players, kits and such) in FUT, and that allowed to a degree of variety that could not be achieved in "regular" FIFA games (in which your club content in FUT got wiped, season after season).
Well, maybe also eFootball will have online divisions like FIFA World and won't be 100% focused around MyClub (but I doubt they'd work with 9 teams), but we are still missing a good offline game at the moment (even paid) to which we could go back should eFootball not be our cup of tea.
I'm still curious to see what will happen after major upgrades though... Will you get to keep your items or will you be forced to start all over again?

Last edited:
One thing I've realised now that has kind of bummed me out is that, well, right now were at the end of a football era, the Messi and Ronaldo era, and in all of these years we never had a football game cover displaying the two against each other, going for a ball, anything like that...

We almost got something last year in PES2021 but they had to put Davies and Rashford there too just to ruin it, I thought that maybe this year they'd do it, it's a perfect marketing strategy afterall, and it'd be iconic, but well, not gonna happen, because there isn't going to be a cover.

I know it might be something dumb to think about, but it's another thing in the huge and evergrowing list of things about eFOOTBALL that are disappointing to me.

Do people still believe in that guy?
>freaking end of august
Why not address all the questions and confusions now? They literally making us wait for nothing.
Need plenty of time to work out how they can put a positive spin on it; bearing in mind it took them two years to get to this point.

I've never felt completely comfortable with games going online, the sense of escapism was lost and I always knew some bullshit like this was possible.

Spot on. No escapism means no story-building, no narratives, no phantasy, no creativity. Instead all about the moment and then gone. Next moment, gone, rinse and repeat.

I get the appeal of online, but Euro has just shown again that people long for build-up, context, stories and drama, for some kind of history, something that sticks.

But perhaps I am just an old fart who lost connection to our times.

I completely understand where you guys are coming from. Every time I start a Master League I feel like I'm delving into a new story a new narrative. Playing the matches is only half of the fun. The other half comes from imagining yourself as the true manager of the team you're playing with and going on a storyline with them.

Promotion/relegation, winning cups or trophies, developing players, or being content as a mid table team it's all up to how you want to approach it. This is a major part of the appeal of offline football gaming. No amount of 1v1 online matches or micro transactions will ever replace that!

It's all about feeling connected to the game you're playing! :TU: Too bad some people don't seem to get it.

Indeed. With GaaS (games as a service) becoming the trend over the past several years, many of us were wary of PES becoming a "platform." I made this post in 2018 over my concerns.

Another obvious point that I failed to raise in my initial post (and this has been a massive concern in the gaming scene for well over a decade) is the archival or preservation aspect of a GaaS. You want to play PES 5? Easy, there's quite a few ways. Pull it off your shelf and throw it into a PS2, install it on your PC/emulator, utilize the amazing AIO packages by Sany and you're on your way. What do we do if five years from now, all of the servers for eFootball are dead and buried? Never mind the fact that we might not want to, we might not be able to. That's a depressing thought.

Yeah, that's the same for me and probably the worse thing among all the bullshit they presented here. There still is technically preservation of more or less all the titles until now, at least by console means or and (likely) future emulation.

But this server based, annual update thing.. yeah, it kills it all, no matter if in a year they'll present the best football game ever saw. .the year later it might be gone and replaced by something more meta and nothing could be done about it.

"All about the moment", as they correctly put it above.

I still cannot believe that this is a two years worth of development TWO FREAKING YEARS!!!! A small unknown dev with 5 people can produce much more in a short period of time. What the hell were they doing for the last two years, taking vacations? What the actual fudge. I am really furious right now, if I'm being honest. They keep lying straight to our face and we keep supporting them, maybe we are to blame.
The two years work was obviously to develop a X platform product and not a next gen one . All makes sense now as the AI was killed off at the start of 20 and through patches has gone more and more mundane pushing those who want to carry on to multi player modes. The numbers obviously stack up to make massive profit and the only way to stop it is by not spending a penny on it Thats obviously not going to happen and even if it did it would just kill the series and not force them into making a decent single player experience as they aren't interested in that

>freaking end of august
Why not address all the questions and confusions now? They literally making us wait for nothing.

It's clear that they don't know the answers to those questions themselves, that's why.
If you have good answers/news you hint to them at a time when everyone is so negative about all this.

They're either lost, don't know yet, or the answers are more bad news so they don't want to add to the negativity.

I think it's more likely they don't have a clue and that's why their roadplan is so vague with dates. "This is coming ....oh somewhere in AUTUMN, maybe. We hope. Maybe winter. Hey November is still autumn right? Oh, we meant Autumn, but in the southern hemisphere".

So essentially what they're releasing early autumn is pretty much an eFootball demo. 9 teams with local games & cross gen online matches. 9 fucking teams.....

2 years & they haven't even been able come up with names for the modes. This whole thing seems like a hatchet job thrown together at the last minute.

Maybe they couldn't get to grips with PES 2022 development so decided to go down this route & expand as it goes. I don't believe for one second that this time last year the plan was to release this, not a chance.

It's PES 2008 & 14 all over again, new generation of systems they can't/couldn't get to grips with only this time it's terminal & they've dropped the game off a cliff for good.
I thought The New Football game was the demo?

Yes!
it’s been years since my last post…
I am here a long time and that was a true heartbreaking day…
I started play videogames because of PES ( at that time still Winning Eleven ) and different of many as a more older guy ( I’m 42 now and had 22 years that time).
I was not much in to games as kid or teenager but the love of football bring to what’s now my bigger and best hobbie.
Now I play not only football games but love story driven games like the ones Sony do.
And as you guys I love and always dreamed a true realistic life like representation of the beautiful games.
Bought my PS5 and Series X and was so hyped for this new PES.
I guess now i will just pray for better experience with the new FIFA.
With all the new technology, something at least playable.

Maybe in the future we can have a new company trying to catch the more mature audience that try find a real simulation of football!!
Stay strong guys!!

I'm thinking the same. Then again a part of me is wondering is PES 2021 even good enough to warrant a new PC purchase.

I just hate the shooting in this one...so basic.

I didn't buy 21 and the thought crossed my mind as it's the last pes now. Thank god, only for a second, I quickly came to my senses. At the end of the day it's not worth it. Terrible football game. It is NOT PES 6, which many consider the end of the golden era. 21 is just the last bad pes. The end of a terrible era.

There is a reason PES died and the state of the last few games had something to do with it, lol.

Last edited:
i did not know till today, konami got another e-series out for longer: eBaseball! :SHOCK:

https://e-baseball.konami.net/pawa_proleague/

my question now: how is that baseball game in terms of gameplay?! a sim? sim-cade?

no wonder they moved the football game in the same direction. if i'd only knew 2 years ago... i would've made other conclusions.
anyway, will go through 3 pages of comments from last night! i hope i find some to cheer me up and i also hope for no more Shressis without spoiler tags! :ANX:
Speaking of brilliant decisions, Konami decided to make their new version of their more realistic baseball game, pro baseball spirits, a switch exclusive. I honestly need a drink after the last few days of Konami decisions.

The one good thing about that game is there's more to player career mode than in PES

>freaking end of august

On the other hand at this point i understand him and everyone who is related to Konami. What else would he say as an employee or contractor?
Yes this is shit news i disagree with the approach and i cant deliver official information either so wait for those.
As soon as Asim dropped off from Konami he was all about finally getting rid of a toxic place....until then promoting and being positive about everything. (But of course the toxic place could be the PES community too :D )

I completely understand where you guys are coming from. Every time I start a Master League I feel like I'm delving into a new story a new narrative. Playing the matches is only half of the fun. The other half comes from imagining yourself as the true manager of the team you're playing with and going on a storyline with them.

Promotion/relegation, winning cups or trophies, developing players, or being content as a mid table team it's all up to how you want to approach it. This is a major part of the appeal of offline football gaming. No amount of 1v1 online matches or micro transactions will ever replace that!

It's all about feeling connected to the game you're playing! :TU: Too bad some people don't seem to get it.

Every save it's own story. Some are better than others. The story of my BAL save in 2017 is an exceptional one.

I somehow lost the captaincy of both my club, Barcelona, and my national team. I chose to leave Barcelona and return to Atletico Madrid under the guise that Barcelona had disrespected me. Losing the national team one hurt because it ultimately cost me the chance to raise the world cup as captain. I was eventually mad captain again a year later.

After leaving Barcelona, they ended up relegated. Went from 1st to 18th in a season.

The story of that save has been a brilliant one and the best thing about it is that there's no other save like it. But unfortunately that doesn't pay the bills or make the shareholders happy.

I thought The New Football game was the demo?
NO.....it was just a pre-alpha code, only purpose to test connection issues, nothing to do with final product, trust me, i promise, wait and you will see #playingisbelieving

Fek it,it is not even funny anymore. I think the words ,demo, full, beta, trust, reputation, quality, vision have lost their meaning since yesterday. All you have to do is download the game, pay for DLCs and microtrans , without questioning anything.

PS: big credit to Asim Tanvir, no matter the past story, that he hinted this "evolution" 1 or 2 years ago, after leaving KONAMI.

Speaking of brilliant decisions, Konami decided to make their new version of their more realistic baseball game, pro baseball spirits, a switch exclusive. I honestly need a drink after the last few days of Konami decisions.

The one good thing about that game is there's more to player career mode than in PES
i wish the wednesday anouncement/disgrace was on friday so i could have a drink or more to wash that all down...
dybpbc4.gif

i had a quick look at pro baseball spirits... so the Switch audience gets the sim package now!? what is happening!? :BLINK:

why cant i find a gif where someone is shedding alcohol for the deceased!?

I dont think there's any hope left.
Even IF they bring back ML (which is a big IF), even IF they add a lot of leagues to it (which is even bigger IF), even IF its playable, since AI was developed for UserVsUser gameplay (here we approach mount Everest of IFs) - we will still be dealing with bare bones controls.
When you create a game to crossplay console/PC with mobile devices - you simply cant implement all the controls there. Thats why there was shit loads of advanced controls missing in New Football Game. We thought it was bare bones version just to test network stability. But this is what we get. Mobile can handle half of controls on the screen, so thats what we'll be getting as well..

I dont think there's any hope left.
Even IF they bring back ML (which is a big IF), even IF they add a lot of leagues to it (which is even bigger IF), even IF its playable, since AI was developed for UserVsUser gameplay (here we approach mount Everest of IFs) - we will still be dealing with bare bones controls.
When you create a game to crossplay console/PC with mobile devices - you simply cant implement all the controls there. Thats why there was shit loads of advanced controls missing in New Football Game. We thought it was bare bones version just to test network stability. But this is what we get. Mobile can handle half of controls on the screen, so thats what we'll be getting as well..
and konami is not gonna force those mobile gamers to use a controller! so yes, thats a valid point.
same as with the gameplay features (lets assume the gfx will be scaleable and looking much better on PS5), its the smallest common denominator thats holding back the game! ^^

Back
Top Bottom