eFootball (All Platforms)

Renan Galvani, usually well informed, about the upcoming konami patch announces an extensive gameplay fix, with a huge patch log.
What are your thoughts on this?

this gigant update will be seen in the fall or end of the year

Your post is so eloquent: may I know why you do not trust Renan Galvani?
Is he not trustworthy?
Yet he is said to have many connections with the development team
You could search this very thread for answers to your questions.

I am refraining from directly commenting on whether Galvani is a good source; I've had my spats with him (in this thread iirc), and have decided to let it rest. But yeah, you could search around.

Incidentally, the use of your passive voice in the bolded bit I've quoted is telling.

He is actually pretty spot on with its updates on Twitter
Trying... Not... To... Respond...

Ah fuck it.

Look, it's an incredibly selective memory/community hive mind which just notes the occasional things he gets right and ignores what he doesn't. He's made big but incorrect calls before, and in one instance the source was actually just a user here and on Twitter, who admitted it was speculation.

I don't begrudge him; he's doing his thing. He's carved a space as the ITK guy for PES, and, well, it entertains people. Anything "ITK" on Twitter involves a certain amount of bullshit; it comes with the territory. But the idea that he has some special contacts who leak him valuable information ahead of time is laughable. Konami are notoriously tight-lipped, and they've blind-sided their own front-facing staff before (and they blind-sided their fanbase cheerleaders with the release of eFootball, not that it's stopped PES Universe from doing their ridiculous simping thing).

He might pick up on occasional bits and pieces that sound right and get lucky. Then again, every rumour going finds its way onto his timeline. Throw enough shit at a wall – etc.

Last edited:
One thing is for sure this game has the best dribbling in a football game. I haven't had this much fun dribbling since 2013. Genuinely anything you'd want to do dribbling wise you can do it's just about timing. Every type of dribbler is useful aswell for the first time ball control might be the most important trait in the game.

I'm really enjoying this game, it just needs an injection of single player modes and edit mode. Hopefully the maintenance work going on will improve the servers as well, as they've always been fairly awful since PES / eFootball went online.

Is there any way to skip all these "training" and "upgrading" stuff in Events?
Can it be automated somehow?
I just want to play matches vs AI in Events and not spending my time on that.

I genuinely cant respect any player that plays on more than the normal pass assist 3 it just breaks the game the whole game becomes who can cheat the best. On the normal pass assist it's very balanced. Outside of that it's just cheating

Thats alot of changes and Im scared they won't be for the better. Especially the fouls one. I want to be able to jink past a guy flying at me and to get a penalty. I don't want it to go back to slide tackles only penalties

So what's the deal with this game nowadays?
Is it 1v1 online only?
Or can you play like pro clubs on Fifa (11 Vs whatever)?

I genuinely cant respect any player that plays on more than the normal pass assist 3 it just breaks the game the whole game becomes who can cheat the best. On the normal pass assist it's very balanced. Outside of that it's just cheating

I just can't understand why they removed PA filters. I can't see myself playing this game online again because of that, pointless.

I just can't understand why they removed PA filters. I can't see myself playing this game online again because of that, pointless.
Personally once I've noticed that I can't intercept any of their obvious passes I know they are either on pass assist 2 or 1 so straight up use the game as a free hit to do whatever. I do tend to win anyway unless they have an absolute super team in that case I tend to lose by 5or 6.

To the games benefit possession is a genuine way to beat people. I just don't understand what the point of playing on that level is. Why do Konami allow it online. The game is Soo well balanced at pass assist 3 (default) . It would be a pretty great game if every match was played at that level.

Personally once I've noticed that I can't intercept any of their obvious passes I know they are either on pass assist 2 or 1 so straight up use the game as a free hit to do whatever. I do tend to win anyway unless they have an absolute super team in that case I tend to lose by 5or 6.

To the games benefit possession is a genuine way to beat people. I just don't understand what the point of playing on that level is. Why do Konami allow it online. The game is Soo well balanced at pass assist 3 (default) . It would be a pretty great game if every match was played at that level.
the common thing now is pass assist 1 and teamate press for all defending so technically all they do is pass straight to the 3 or 4 forwards and 1-2 spam straight down the center to score the same goal thats been there for years, the rest is ai, or even worse pass assist 1 and ping pong thinking they are playing tika taka

Cheating is the best, what are you talking about.

Back
Top Bottom