eFootball (All Platforms)

Say what you want but I'm having my best online games ever with this eFootball game. It's so brilliant at times that I've never played a game such like it. I really hope Konami stays strong and keep it straight despite all the critics. Of course they have to develope the game but, as barebones as it is right now, it is by far the best representation of football ever made.
Ok then. Im gonna try IT. I love to compete. Online is priorty

Holly shit!!! i really like the gameplay!!!! WTF... im surprised!!! vs ai we can only play 5 mins? and not all teams that we can play online? only a few?
connection online is great!! We can play online only by participing this goal events?

Last edited:
Holly shit!!! i really like the gameplay!!!! WTF... im surprised!!! vs ai we can only play 5 mins? and not all teams that we can play online? only a few?
connection online is great!! We can play online only by participing this goal events?
you can extend matches vs ai using patches or smth

Gameplay wise it's fairly decent, yes it requires attention in regards to bugs, but the content itself is so barebones. There is no reason not to allow longer matches or have higher difficulty levels unlocked.

I like to play and mainly online. After Fifa has changed to the worse in recent days / weeks, I played eFootball for the first time today. And I have to admit, it is not as bad as it has often been described here. The ball is very free, there are more penalty area scenes, the speed is pleasant and it is not only designed for counterattacks.

+1, I decided to try 0.9.1 for 2 games (PS5 version) and it has improved. One more patch and it will be at the level of PES 2015, meaning a simplified, more consistent gameplay, but dumbed down from the previous version. Konami devs always have to apply some scripting and restraints to stabilize the game, a bit of freedom and lots of bugs start to show up. Still not enough.

Graphics? No change, its still a joke, PS5 visuals is what the PS4 version should have been from the beginning.

I also recognize that even a single feature like Online Divisions would give a lot of incentive to at least spend some hours. The current objectives are completely embarrassing. Score +2, +3 goals in a game? That`s all? lol

And enable all teams for fuck sake.

I was 1st against this game when i saw it. I missed it totally. Did not try earlier build. But downloaded it on Friday. I really like the gameplay. Its fresh, its free, it has perfect pace, its heavy, its tought, its hard, rewarding. Posession attack feels great, defending also. I play 15 mins games on profesional and im not bored, i like how the AI plays. Physx is great. It does not look soooo bad. Yes its not bueatiful. Faces are better than in Fifa. If it only looked next get.. with nice little touches that would be great, with decent Master League. Nets are terrible. Online is stable, not laggy

Last edited:
Hopefully this means they realise how much of a shit show it will be having cross play with mobiles. This may be why they have delayed everything until Spring 2022 as the backlash they received has been pretty fierce.

KONAMI and United Soccer League Enter an Exclusive, Multi-Year Partnership Agreement For eFootball™​

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. and the United Soccer League (USL) today announced a multi-year partnership to feature the USL Championship in KONAMI’s long-standing eFootball™ video game franchise. This multi-year agreement with KONAMI marks the first time in the history of the USL to have the Championship represented in any video game property.

“We’re proud to join forces with the USL as part of our strategic effort to capitalize on the surge in popularity of soccer in the United States,” said Yuta Kose, President, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “USL has played a pivotal role in the growth of U.S. soccer over the past several decades, and we look forward to building our collective reach in North America while delivering a comprehensive USL experience to eFootball all over the world.”

As part of the partnership, the eFootball™ logo will appear on signage during nationally televised USL games, creative digital and on-site marketing activations as well as being the presenting partner of the USL Championship Player of the Week and Player of the Month. Coming Spring 2022, eFootball™ players will be given full entry to all aspects of the USL Championship, including comprehensive access to clubs, official kits, crests and players in-game.

“Today is a huge day for the USL, our clubs, and our fans,” said USL Executive Vice-President, Court Jeske. “For nearly 30 years, soccer video games have been a part of fan culture across the globe. Konami has a rich history in producing some of the most popular and successful games in the industry, while also engaging with the next generation of fans. This partnership is timed perfectly with the evolution of USL. We’re excited for our fans to download the game and have the opportunity to play as their favorite USL club, and fans from around the world to be introduced to our league through eFootball.”
Source: https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1195569

Multi-Year Partnership....so maybe there is a chance we will see a single USL Team in eFootball before the Licence runs out.

me and my brother enjoyning the game so far but its so annoying when you want to blast a direct shot/volley and the stengh of the ball is so weak..so terrible, you are dribbling against one two three and then your shot is weak as a baby kicks the ball

me and my brother enjoyning the game so far but its so annoying when you want to blast a direct shot/volley and the stengh of the ball is so weak..so terrible, you are dribbling against one two three and then your shot is weak as a baby kicks the ball
I haven't tried manual shooting but could that have more zip to it? Probably not.

Most likely it isn't implemented in the gameplay and will be added with the "sharp kicks" (LOL!).

KONAMI and United Soccer League Enter an Exclusive, Multi-Year Partnership Agreement For eFootball™​

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. and the United Soccer League (USL) today announced a multi-year partnership to feature the USL Championship in KONAMI’s long-standing eFootball™ video game franchise. This multi-year agreement with KONAMI marks the first time in the history of the USL to have the Championship represented in any video game property.

Perhaps it just betokens my ignorance, but I had to look up the USL to work out what it is. The second division in the North American soccer pyramid, in which (being American) there is no social mobility (promotion/relegation).

Who the fuck cares about USL in a PES game? Outside of a few niche supporters, I can well imagine that most Americans who even know PES couldn't give a toss.

Maybe I'm being judgemental and harsh. Obviously there are some benefits: more teams, more players, more ML leagues with promotion structures (presuming they also have MLS...) – if they allow you to switch on promotion/relegation, given it doesn't exist in real life there.

Maybe some people will be excited about the teams themselves.

But yeah, "optics" wise, frankly it looks shit. This is a game that got widespread terrible media coverage for being shit and a disappointment, for issuing refunds for its predatory lootbox preorders, for killing off a formerly much loved franchise, and for delaying its 1.0.0 release until next year at some indeterminate point. ("Spring" is not very determinate.) And the first piece of news they give out after all that is a deal with the USL, the second tier of a league system that basically nobody in South America, Africa, Europe, or Asia would give a toss about.

It looks second-tier itself, or worse.

I suppose the silver lining is that it shows they still plan to release a game next year.

Ok Konami, but what is a USL United Soccer Football League? Never heard about that.

edit: thanks @janguv for the peply, befor I asked my question. :BOUNCE::BEER:

Who the fuck cares about USL in a PES game? Outside of a few niche supporters, I can well imagine that most Americans who even know PES couldn't give a toss.
I can understand why someone in Europe would not be interested in a 2nd Division American soccer league. But let me share my opinion on why an American would be interested.

As a Yank, I am happy to see MLS and USL being added to PES. Would love to see Liga MX (Mexican League) also added. Nice to see PES spread some leagues to the North America continent.

My boys and I attend USL and MLS games since only Football leagues we have here.

Will be nice to have those leagues in the game instead of wasting space on Fake league to have to put in. I go with Liga MX in my OF and do MLS for one of my son's OF.

I guess the same would be said about the lack of African Leagues and those that live in Africa. They would be glad for more leagues while those that live in another region could care less.

I am pushing 50 so I grew up on the original NASL league. LOL, back before the internet, to see what was going on in European Football, I would buy an imported Football magazine at the local bookstore that was at least 2-3 months old of currrent standings.

Most of the files I create are Classic files - with major emphasis on American Soccer -- NASL Classic OF and MLS Classic OFs.

Compared to the release version, the current version is really on rails, the skill gap narrow and the CPU defending waaaaay too assisted. I only play online since release and currently games are really dull and more of the same. How can you enjoy this over the release gameplay?

Looks they changed plans and took the good direction, that "new gen experience" and removing of Android, IOS, etc. is exactly what i, "we" probably suggested in the last "add a commentary" from the survey.

Now, we'll see how good or bad the first version in Spring it will be. I only hope mobile will make a step back with few arrangement and focus on Console ports. I can wait. But they should at least gives a PES 2022 update : all to do was to assign the PES 2022 database and keeping the same system. Well there's issues with dedicated servers normally for Efootball 2022, but there's always a way.

They made a bad move, i'm not resentful as all the last games where good and i always been a PES fan... And not hurry at all.
I even wanted a year without any games to focus on NG. Still happy they released a season update so...

O.T. > Exception
Except if it was my second choice on PS3 era after Fifa when the game starting to boring me, but i also edited and played some leagues and cup every year (not ML), but on PS2/PS4 it was my first choice. But i edited a lot PES 2011 and 2013 > i tooked a basis like Paul O.F., and stats from PESEDIT PC, with the editor. They were much more accurate, perhaps the best stats makers from that time, plus, they were german so their Bundes was perfect. With 1 exception, Fifa 16.

But also what was Konami : we're talking retro-gaming there's tons and tons of Konami games which were a must have in my childhood i didn't even remember of it, Arcade, Console etc.
How they became is sad, but the PS3 gap, they were 5 years too late (never worked on building a new engine in advance like Fifa did etc.) was the second choc, after the lost of (fakes teams / real players) Bundesliga.

Let's cross fingers, to have a game at least PES 2021 level, i mean in quality, but playing way differently.
I'm all OK about another way to play a football game, with different commands if they still logic, by keeping the essence of it regarding ATT/DEF balance.

Would like a PES 2010 style. But Efootball looks a bit like it so... The color tone isn't bad to me.
What i'm waiting is more regarding animations and immersion, from a visual POV.

Curious to see how Konami will implement MLS and USL into Efootball

It's nice to see they finally managing to enter North America. Looks like they tried to get MLS (ids reserved for these teams in 2015 (I think) - and the contract with EA ends this year) and Liga MX (in 2013 and 2018) before.

Back
Top Bottom