edit private messages

Tony_yeboah

Premiership
17 May 2020
Uk
Leeds
Hi guys I hope you are all doing ok
recently I noticed that I'm not able to edit a pm anymore just after sending
Is there a reason for this? Am I doing something wrong?
cheers have a great one

Reactions: Tom
Hi!

Hmm, I didn't change a thing regarding anything related to this as far as I can remember. It's set to "0" for regular members which means it should work fine without any (timed) limitations. Could you check again on different devices?

No worries, buddy, thanks for bringing this to my attention. It was indeed a thing I overlooked while doing some (to my eyes unrelated) maintenance stuff recently. As a bonus, I also added the ability to invite participants to ongoing conversations.

Maybe I'm blind, but where exactly is the "Edit" button for private messages? I have checked both Mobile and PC site versions but I cannot find it yet.

Now I can see it, thank you! Is it not readily available to everyone by default?

It is, don't worry, you only just informed me that I missed another button :) It should work for everyone now. For realsy this time! 🤞

What happened was the following: ~Two weeks ago I merged some user groups and their permissions. Our userbase keeps growing and growing which, while being super cool of course, unfortunately, made some brilliant ideas we had some years ago super annoying now. Metaphorically speaking: We had new users wait in an air lock before being validated as proper new members. Kinda. This always needed our manual attention and got to a point where it wasn't feasible any longer without losing one's mind. So I got rid of parts of that air lock but wasn't aware that it came with some administrative issues I didn't know of. The End.

Back
Top Bottom