Don't understand...

tinpanalley

Premier League
15 May 2006
FOR PS2 version:

Hey all,
Just tell me briefly, what exactly are the major concerns with 2008? What makes PES6 better? That's the last one I played. If PES 6 is considered better, which patch is recommended? I should mention that it's the PS2 I'm referring to and I don't play online.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:
Honestly, the majority of the posts in that site are just people either complaining about how 2008 sucks or saying over and over how PES6 is the greatest game of all time.

The more I read here and published reviews of the game the more I realize that the only major concerns are the following:
- graphics are the same as PES6
- online sucks
- menu is ugly

Is that about it? Anyone have anything else?

The crux of the matter is that PES2008 and WI2008 are much harder to play and master than any previous version, and this frustrates a lot of poeple.

So, once again, that confirms what I've said which is that there's nothing really "wrong" with the game on PS2 it's just not enough of an improvement over PES6. Right? Basically it's an issue of preference an personal opinion.

Perhaps I'm less experienced than you guys in PES but to me, PES 2008 is a nicer looking version of PES6 but I don't mind that there are no differences. You know what does drive me nuts though? If they don't put out a game because they have nothing new to offer, everyone loses their minds: "How dare Konami NOT release a new version!!" But if they release the version that has few upgrades, it's "This is the same game! What a ripoff!!". If PES6 was good, why does PES 2008 have to be such a ground-breakingly different game? Why does a new year imply that the every subsequent game has to be a new revelation?

Anyway, I was just asking to understand, I certainly don't want to add another post to the PES 6 vs 2008 argument.

Last edited:
My opinion is based on my experience with WE10 and WE 2008. I don't play PES series at all.

WE 2008 is difficult to master than WE10. I perfected WE10, and when I moved to 2008, I hated it becasue I could not do most of the stuff I used to do in WE 10. Now, after 3 month of using WE 2008, I find it a better, more difficult game than WE10, and also more realistic.

To each his own.

Back
Top Bottom