Dollhouse or Fringe?

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
With Lost and Heroes ending, I'm looking for a new series to get into to.

Any thoughts on the above? Favouring Fringe due to the Abrams input, but heard Dollhouse was good...

I watch both shows and find that Dollhouse has more consistency in the story line. Fringe imo can be very irritating due to episodes potentially being independent from the main story line. Abrams even once said that he intends Fringe to be a show where people can easily get into even if they've missed the first half.

I watch both shows and find that Dollhouse has more consistency in the story line. Fringe imo can be very irritating due to episodes potentially being independent from the main story line. Abrams even once said that he intends Fringe to be a show where people can easily get into even if they've missed the first half.

Yea, I've just read that (about Fringe) that Abrams said he wanted it to be different to Lost in that there would be no real long story arc, so you could miss and episode and still know what was going on etc (bit like CSI, House etc I suppose).

Dollhouse, I just didn't get into Fringe, didn't like the characters at all.

And Dollhouse has Miracle Laurie :LOVE:

Hmmmm... conflicting views.

On one hand, some of you like Finge. On the other, some like Dollhouse.

But which is best?

Only one way to find out.... FIIIIIIIIIGHHT!!!

HarryHillPIC1.jpg

I enjoyed Fringe a lot more than Dullhouse (Yes, I did mean that typo as it bored the shit out of me)

dollhouse? you laugh at me because i play sims games yet some of you watch a freaking TV show about it :LOL:

Fringe, its easy to get into and has a good sense of humor in it. Has a subtle long term story line.

Dollhouse is a bit meh imo, more filler then anything else. Although Im enjoying it more now there is more of a story to it, only at episode 4 or 5.

You could also try Harpers Island, a sort of mid 20-ties(age) horror movie spread out across 13 episodes. They have aired epi.5 now and its enjoyable as filler aswell.

Last edited:
I'm up to episode 9 of Dollhouse, and it's quite good. It's starting to get into the background of the story more. It's a bit like Whedon's other programs ie Buffy (yes I watched it when I was younger!) and you had to give it a few episodes to get into it.

I haven't watched Fringe yet, as I'm still catching up on other shows (I don't like watching 1 episode a week), so I can't comment on that.

I highly recommend Dexter if you haven't seen it yet as well.

You could also try Harpers Island, a sort of mid 20-ties(age) horror movie spread out across 13 episodes. They have aired epi.5 now and its enjoyable as filler aswell.

I've watched the first two episodes and it was enjoyable, I need to catch up with that show.

Back
Top Bottom