Does assisted passing affect the receiving players response too?

Bullstein

Conference
18 May 2011
That's my question. Reason being I play FULLY manual passing & shooting in every game, and I've noticed that often my receiver doesn't respond quickly when I pass to him - yet when I watch my assisted opponents passing or doing those annoying long through balls - the Ai seems to play a part in making sure the receive moves quickly towards the ball

Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, definitely. It's artistic licence, 'Assisted' means that the pass pretty much always gets there. Now whether that be a pin-point pass from the get-go, or a slightly mis-placed pass rectified by 'Assisted' player movement, is essentially one of the very same.

On Zero Assistance, by holding R2 and X for a more controlled pass, will also see the receiver move towards the pass. This is very noticable visually.

I think with assisted passing the pass always "snaps" onto a player/target, regardless of aim. If you miss the first target somehow, it'll try to snap onto the next player. I like to call it "magnetized". Even 1 bar pass support does this. The pass has little error regarding the passing player's body gesture/stance/orientation, and the receiving player goes to the ball regardless of the passing angle, even if it is a mis-pass.

With 0 assistance, the receiving player spends more time "looking for the arriving ball".

The difference is especially apparent when you play one-touch passing. On 0 assistance, each subsequent one-touch has less and less reliable accuracy (since receiving player is always looking for the ball, and thus not in a right body orientation to send a perfect one-touch for the next pass). This can be solved combining one-touch with 2, 3 touches.

I guess. Something like that.

Last edited:
Definitely, even 1 bar assist makes the receiver hone in on the ball and usually nip infront of the defender.

This is why assisted players pass to marked men but somehow manage to keep the ball and continue the move despite clearly bad decisions and awkward lucky passes.

Konami has to get rid of pass support online.

Lately I've been losing 9 of 10 games despite having 70% passes completed and more shots on goal. A few assisted counter attacks and they beat you nearly every time.

i never play online anymore. Its almost impossible to find a fair unassisted player in the random search this year. I miss the chat in the lobby from PES2012

Seems Konami just don't want players to talk to each other on pc.

Yes this is silly. I wanted to compliment an opponent on a stunning goal, but I couldn't. Why is it such a bad thing?

Also, it could be used to arrange lobby meet-ups when you discover like-minded players. The system as-is is absurd, especially as there is no re-match button (missing since PES6 - why oh why?).

Though at this stage I've stopped shaking my head at Konami. It's obvious they don't give a shit.

It's the same on console - it is strange that they even removed the option of preset messages, especially considering they had a swearing filter anyway.

Also the ability to watch replays - now I know watching goal replays does tend to annoy your opponent but sometimes there are little things you want to see again... Your opponent presses start and it's straight back to kick off.

Regarding the rematch thing - that's why I play Player Matches. You can go back to the match room afterwards and rematch the same opponent and it actually keeps track of the number of wins for each player.
That's not to mention you can play 15 minute matches and the players seem to have less of a "win at all cost" attitude when it comes to taking advantage of overpowered plays repetitively.

Back
Top Bottom