Documentary Thread

i was watching the Top5 of David Attenborough moments last week when i stumbled over it on youtube.

i dont collect dvd's or bluray's these days but one of my (like) 10 disc sets i have at home, is the Planet Earth bluray collection:
https://www.amazon.de/Planet-Earth-Collection-Blu-ray-UK/dp/B01M997WE3

i bought this years ago with the thought in mind of having something to "show to the kids later" when the planet is "different". the footage is soooo golden! mother nature is so great! its a must have kinda thing... i dont know.

edit: just watch the feeding frenzy part (11:46 min) in the video linked above and tell me you are not amazed!
there is so much stuff happening, from the camera man to the wild life to the cuts and sounds and what not... unbelievable good, from all parties involved!

breathtakingly AM A ZING! :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
i was watching the Top5 of David Attenborough moments last week when i stumbled over it on youtube.

i dont collect dvd's or bluray's these days but one of my (like) 10 disc sets i have at home, is the Planet Earth bluray collection:
https://www.amazon.de/Planet-Earth-Collection-Blu-ray-UK/dp/B01M997WE3

i bought this years ago with the thought in mind of having something to "show to the kids later" when the planet is "different". the footage is soooo golden! mother nature is so great! its a must have kinda thing... i dont know.

edit: just watch the feeding frenzy part (11:46 min) in the video linked above and tell me you are not amazed!
there is so much stuff happening, from the camera man to the wild life to the cuts and sounds and what not... unbelievable good, from all parties involved!

breathtakingly AM A ZING! :APPLAUD:
looks very good, i'll see now

Saw that Netflix has a Schumacher documentary ,going to watch this tonight ,his whole accident and aftermath is so weird ,we basically don't know anything.
And it's from the family so it should be (hopefully) be a documentary that gives us some answers.

Saw that Netflix has a Schumacher documentary ,going to watch this tonight ,his whole accident and aftermath is so weird ,we basically don't know anything.
And it's from the family so it should be (hopefully) be a documentary that gives us some answers.

Yeah I've added that to my list, should be interesting to see what has gone on since then.

Yeah it's been very strange, fully understand family privacy etc but really weird how it's been almost secretive.
Yeah it's been weird to a point that I almost thought he'd been hidden away for some strange reason.
Privacy is obviously something we all should respect ,but still weird

I just saw a documentary on TV. This reflected all the suffering of people in a war. With merciless scenes, frightening noise and all the brutality of such a war.
It's about the war in Ukraine, more precisely about the first days in Mariupol.
It's very difficult for me to say that I would recommend this documentary because of the content described above. Definitely not for everyone.
But to get an idea of what's really happening there in Ukraine day in and day out, you could try it.
But definitely not for children's eyes. So be careful who you watch it with. Also, I would try to talk to someone afterwards. To process what we have seen.

I don't want to start a political discussion now, I just wish this madness would end! And all of us in the world finally start to disarm globally instead of continuing to do the opposite.
Unfortunately, we all only have one life and it's too damn short. So can one of our politicians please explain to me why we fight wars to make life as unbearable as possible?

Peace!

PS: If it's too inappropriate to share it here, I can understand it and then I'm very sorry! And can then be removed.I wrote all of this using Google Translate, and because I'm trying to process it this way first.

I just saw a documentary on TV. This reflected all the suffering of people in a war. With merciless scenes, frightening noise and all the brutality of such a war.
It's about the war in Ukraine, more precisely about the first days in Mariupol.
It's very difficult for me to say that I would recommend this documentary because of the content described above. Definitely not for everyone.
But to get an idea of what's really happening there in Ukraine day in and day out, you could try it.
But definitely not for children's eyes. So be careful who you watch it with. Also, I would try to talk to someone afterwards. To process what we have seen.

I don't want to start a political discussion now, I just wish this madness would end! And all of us in the world finally start to disarm globally instead of continuing to do the opposite.
Unfortunately, we all only have one life and it's too damn short. So can one of our politicians please explain to me why we fight wars to make life as unbearable as possible?

Peace!

PS: If it's too inappropriate to share it here, I can understand it and then I'm very sorry! And can then be removed.I wrote all of this using Google Translate, and because I'm trying to process it this way first.
"War never changes"

It is quite sad that after thousands of years of conflict. The human race has not learned the true meaning and essence of humanity.

Back
Top Bottom