Do you have to use a wired connection for PS3 PES 2009 online to get it stable?

Bailzebub

''shooto miss''
25 October 2001
Lancashire
I read they said it doesn't work well with wireless...I don't know why really provided you have a decent modem you can avoid interference and should connect very well wirelessly.

My setup to the web is a Netgear 834GT modem with shielded cable running downstairs to the test socket to get the purest internet connection running into the house; my isp is Bethere.co.uk configured to use the ''Fastpath'' route for lower pings, to UK servers i get about 15 ms provided there is no problem with the routing.

PES i have problems online with skipping animations, players...enough to change how it plays online/offline. I also play a more connection dependant game online which is Soul Calibur...my connection is geared so i can do certain moves on that game which are very strict in timing and i can play that the same as i can offline with my connection as is.

For some reason does PES need my PS3 wired to the modem even though it reports a steady 100% signal or are there recognised issues with the online play?

I'm playing with a wireless connection. with flexibility & speed of the internet connection everything was o.k.

No such luck for me here.

I've got a bee in my bonnet now so going to do a late night faff around with the wires and see how i get on :)

Aye it skips on wired for me too...As far as i can tell it's all configured correctly with all the ports allowed and stuff like that.

Is PES online still icky or is there something i need to tweak my side?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom