Dexter - Season 5

Wow, really looking forward to the next season.

Is it the final season though? That trailer seems to indicate so.

I'm not liking this season. Of all the things they could have done, seems to me there are very weak stories (Batista and Laguerta are hard to endure, how boring are they?) and filler moments. The fact that right now Dexter doesn't even seem to work at all makes it more odd. I miss the first seasons when he had actual cases in the office and things were not all linked in the same circle./story arch.

Though that blonde should have been inmense as the main plot in season 3, instead of that latin lawyer...

I liked Miguel Prado! I think this season has been very slow, but they're trying hard to show Dexter's human side. I agree, Angel and Laguerta are SOOOOO annoying, although I like Angel.

I've just started season 4 so I'll have to stay out of here to avoid spoilers but I need to rant.

Does anyone else hate Rita? So so selfish and demanding of Dexter and expects him to jump whenever she phones him. I can't stand the scenes and stories that revolve around her.

I've still not understood why she was so angry and upset... erm... am I okay to do season 2 spoilers?
at the death of Paul. She then asks Dexter if he did frame him and send him to jail which ultimately led to his death... and then when dexter says yes... she's suddenly okay with that answer and okay with his death and just moves on.

WHAT?

Anyway - I just needed to rant as I mentioned the same problem I have with Rita to a friend of the misses and she has the complete opposite opinion and she loves Rita as she's 'a strong female role'.

You're right but still I love Rita, I think she completes Dexter somehow I can't explain.
Her opinions and mood are totally unstable but I find that to be realistic and plausible, no I'm not calling every women unstable, but we know there are a few :P
But shes a lovely messed up woman you love/hate.

About season 05 I haven't watched a single episode yet, is it doing alright cause this thread is ice cold lately, last season there were comments every monday.

I've watched up until episode 6 of this series so far. It's alright... but after just watching season 4 which was probably the best, it's hard to go back to the start and get the slow build storylines and character development stuff.

Just random thoughts on what's been going on so far up until episode 6
Can't say I'm a big fan of a gang rape storyline... It's been done to death in film and tv already so more of the same.... I guess the twist is Dexter is here but I'm sure there have been films recently that have dealt with a gang rape vengeance story.

But it just isn't the kind of thing I find entertaining. It's not the worst thing in the world to sit and listen and watch but still... I don't know... something about gang rape just turns my stomach a lot more than say a murderer and their story, even the beheading stuff and all that gore. I don't know, maybe I was raped in a past life or something :CONFUSE:

And of course it's a pretty lazy story to write so it's a bit of a let down after how complicated or cleverly written the first and 4th seasons were. I mean anyone can think of an evil rape story... make it a gang one and then throw in some stories of torture. A bit crap.

Hopefully it steps away from basic revenge and picks the pace up a little now I'm at the halfway stage.

I kind of like the way Luman (spelling?) has come into the story though. It's sort of built on the same idea as that English woman in Season 2, Prado and in some ways Doakes. In that they know the real Dexter and we get to see how they handle that.

Doakes being appalled by it.

We had the English woman kind of feed off it and erm.. Well I'm not sure what her deal was. She got off on it or something?

Prado was awesome and wanted to be a sort of sidekick... but his temper made it impossible.

So I'm guessing this is the missing link and in a way a 2 birds with 1 stone style person. She joins him as another 'person who sees the real Dexter' to give us that 'oohhh what will she do' feel.... and it also opens up the chance for them to get together in a relationship or partner up as a team.

One random thought that isn't linked to Season 5 but just an overall thought on Dexter.
Obviously you're all ahead of me I guess in what episode you are up to. But Has anyone else had the feeling that Harry is the darkness?

Like at times in S05 he's been basically telling dexter to kill someone, and he did the same in 04 and I think maybe with Prado. He's very aware of killing someone who might get Dexter caught ending his killing.... and of course... he's speaking to a dead man... which isn't possible which makes me suspect Harry isn't really Harry but Dexter's own Darkness taking his form to entourage him on to continue.

?

Personally, as I stated before, season 5 is been a big let down for me. The main plot is weak as you say Radiation, and lazy. Same for the secondary plots.

I have only 1 episode left to watch and it has been quite a filler season... well, depending on how it ends, but I fear the worse.

I'm enjoying S05 to be honest.
It was always going to be a hard act to follow after the previous season, especially when they announced that there wouldn't be a 'nemesis' character this time around, and that it would focus on the fallout of the season 4 finale...

Lovely news, though they had to really. If Season 4 had the highest ratings ... only an idiot would agree to end the series the year after.

I quite enjoyed the finale to S05. It wasn't a bad season, but certainly wasn't the best.

For me the ending to Season 4 was the best. Was not expecting that at all.

I enjoyed it... but partly because I was expecting it to be much worse... in a storyline sense. Like I thought
that maybe they were going to kill Luman off or have them caught but they went with the good ending in a way

I kind of got the feeling that the episode had been re written through.

Like it felt strange for them to get the finale kill done and dusted halfway through leaving us with the Quinn thing and nothing much else to follow.

I kind of got the feeling that if they hadn't got a new season signed up for next year or whenever we'd have had a slightly different end where Dexter is caught or Quinn takes the fall or something else.

I don't know but it just felt a little ... patched together.

S5 was better then S4, as S4 was a the weakest season of the Dexter series and did not evolved that much.

Compared to previous seasons, S4 trinity killer remind of S1 Ice truck killer, but the ice truck killer story was much better.

It's a shame they
bottled out of Deb catching Dex, in the books she knows what he is because she saw him kill his brother (the ice truck killer).

Are books worth a read? I was about to buy them but all the review I read slated them and said how they're terrible compared to the tv series.

Agreed,
I thought the dynamic between her and Dex worked really well and was also quite moving :)

Exactly -
For the first time, I actually felt happy for Dexter and it genuinely fell like he had found happiness and someone to genuinely think about, making him more human than ever. He still shows his human side at the end when he's sad, but it's not the same as what they could've done. It probably had to do with contractual stuff too.

Are books worth a read? I was about to buy them but all the review I read slated them and said how they're terrible compared to the tv series.

Well they're worth reading, as to whether or not they're worth buying that's up to you ;) I'd be happy to Email you them, you can read them on your smartphone or whatnot ;)

Back
Top Bottom