ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Dexter - Season 4

dexter%20photo%20promo%20S04.jpg

http://fenestrula.free.fr/lucarne/

Re: Dexter - Season 4 (September 27)

One of my favorite shows, I caught it up last couple of months and love it.
The poster is totally awesome.

Dexter 401-405

So far it's awesome. A good mix of all previous seasons.

The 2nd book? Is interesting as another serial killer scares away his "dark passenger" and he loses his edge, I wonder if this is what they'll do in the series with Lithgow's character, shame to see
Lundy
die IMO, liked
him
a lot as a character.

I disagree, I preferred episode 404 for example and most of the 1st half of the season.

One scene was REALLY amazing but the the rest never made an amazing episode. But I'm sure you all loved the cliffhanger when for me it made no sense at all !
So maybe it will make sense later, but right now it didn't feel right.
Since my last comment where I was thrilled, the tension is gone... It feels strange now.

Also,
how long do we have to endure the same scene every week with the love story between Angel and Laguerta ?

I still love watching Jennifer Carpenter. Amazing actress.

i think it was brilliant because the build up to that one scene was extremely well done. and that specific scene was something we've never encountered in dexter before, something completely new.

and the two story lines with the two families on thanksgiving, very very good.

best of the season, really have to disagree there. ;)

Dexter - 412

"Harry was right" :).

We all knew the end since 10 episodes ago, but it was nicely done.

8+/10

Last edited:
Well OK after clear my mind a bit...

I'm still gutted but my last post was a little harsh.

I get it if they made that decision to show us that Dexter life has its costs but fuck it it shouldn't cost the best characters.
Yes I'm calling Rita one of the best characters, first was Doakes something I never liked, the way Dexter huge mess felt on Doakes only.

And now Rita, who was one of my favorites too, she was perfect for Dexter, how many times I thought she was gonna get really mad or even leave him and she did the exact opposite.
And she dies because Dexter lost several opportunities to kill Trinity.

Now if they made that decision so Dexter ends up with his real wife, we all know that TV often works like that.
I'll be even more pissed, she's a very annoying character and a relationship with Dexter makes no sense at all, one minute shes obsessed with Trinity the other with Daddy old mistress.

I still think its the best show I watch, that last scene was remarkable, it will be on my mind for years.
But that decision only makes me less fan of Dexter(the guy) each day, I guess thats what they wanted...

Couldn't they kill off Quinn or even Debra :CURSE:
If eventually they kill Masuka or Batista I'm done,
But that was a good finale.

If they killed Debra I would've actually been affected emotionally! I love Debra... she's my favourite character. I had small fears that she was the one that would die this season...

Rita had become a fucking tedious character, good riddance I say! Far more interesting way to go, now he's a single Dad serial killer of 3 kids (although possible Cody and Astor will go to grandparents unless Dexter had already adopted them?), in the books both kids have dark passengers like Dexter, shame they don't have the balls to do that on the TV show, would be very interesting IMO.

I thought was awesome ending to what has been an awesome season altogether got to hand it to John Lithgow (Arthur Mitchell) his acting was superb got himself right in character.

Did not see ending coming soon as Rita got in car and off for holiday thought no chance that Arthur was getting her. Got to hand it to the show for being consitently good most shows have fallen at wayside come a fourth season and even before bring on 5.

they will have a hard time getting a new villain the same standard as lithgow. he's brilliant.

I thought was awesome ending to what has been an awesome season altogether got to hand it to John Lithgow (Arthur Mitchell) his acting was superb got himself right in character.

Did not see ending coming soon as Rita got in car and off for holiday thought no chance that Arthur was getting her. Got to hand it to the show for being consitently good most shows have fallen at wayside come a fourth season and even before bring on 5.

Fully agree with this post and other similar posts. Overall I thought this season was superb with a fantastic finale. I did not see that ending coming at all.

Four great seasons so far, really looking forward to season 5.

they will have a hard time getting a new villain the same standard as lithgow. he's brilliant.

Lithgow can't be topped by another villain.... Butt hey already have the best possible villain: Dexter himself. It would be a great finale to battle himself if it's the last season (as it's been rumored).

Butt hey already have the best possible villain: Dexter himself.

Exactly, and over the seasons his decisions made me hate/love him so much, he is the show, absolutely fascinating character.
Let the last season be his own. Is this the last by the way?
I couldn't say what fate I'd prefer for him, makes me excited just by thinking of it.

Back
Top Bottom