Detroit Become Human

gabe.paul.logan

Retired Footballer
7 January 2007
Budapest
Hungary
Cover:
MV5BZTkyMzQ3MWUtZWE0YS00ZDNhLThhMzEtZjJmZTM1YTI5NjM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg
Platforms: PS4/PC
Release Date: 24 Apr 2018

Developer: Quantic Dream
Genre: Action/Adventure

Description:
Take control of three androids in their quest to discover who they really are.

I dont know why there isnt a thread about this.
Just finished the story and yes it was just a few hours :P but to my surprise this game isnt like the Walking Dead or Beyond here indeed your decisions have weight and there are indeed multiple endings (a flow charts even shows the routes you can took). The very last game had this was Until Dawn but on a smaller scale.

On one hand its a brilliant game, on the other its a bit mediocore but only storywise. The Markus and Kara storylines are...pretty weak especially Kara's, while Markus has a kinda Ok one. However Connor's is absoluteley brilliant, there i got real Blade Runner vibes.

I tried to keep him as a machine all along, just not to care about other machines but only about the mission and to save human lifes. Well his priority would be the mission only but his first mission demanded to protect humans, thats the path i followed and that was his downfall in the end. But dont jump so ahead. During the some missions with Hank, Connor defended him and other officers against droids, also he even shot one of the stripper droids in defense after Amanda told him "dont get destroyed anymore" as he sacraficed himself so many times risking losing memories that would help the investigation.
Now at Kamski's place the game showed me the middle finger as i was wondering all along "nah there will be no way you can turn Connor" but then Kamski and his turing test showed up with the droid from the main menu and i just couldnt shoot her. Brilliant! But even after this Connor remained conflicted and tride to arrest Markus without success, up to the point where he tried to assesinate him but Hank got involved and threw Connor off from the roof because again Connor could not kill Hank in favour of the mission. Then Connor woke up again with a gun in his hand during the victory speech of Markus, there was the last chance but then i thought he proven to be a deviant now so i spared Markus. Then Amanda showed up to override his system and to kill Markus herself, thankfully i explored the garden before and i found already the shortcut Kamski installed in the program so Connor can free himself from Amanda. Oh yes and of course it played in that i made Markus not to be violent but a peaceful freedom fighter.

And i entirely skipped the Cyberlink Tower part with Connor, i saw about 0-10 percentage took this route with him. The Tower must have been an epic showdown but im still very happy with this smaller scale ending and with his inner confilct. He became a real boy withouth realizing, just like K in Blade Runner 2049.

The only weird and week part was Hank's 180 turn towards robots, when did that happen? Once he had thoughts about doing the right thing but it was outta nowhere or perhaps the reason was that Connor spared the Kamski droid? There should have been more emphasys on this.

So 1/3 is a pretty amazing storyline, and Markus story has to be happen to keep flowing what happens to Connor but as for Kara she doesnt even needs to be in it.
I think by now it worth the money especially with the replayability it provides ( i wont do it as it would be weird to alter my story) but at least you you have to rent it, i'd say its not more than 10 hours of gametime. Oh yes and its set during christmas so its a perfect fit for this time of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered this on PC a long time ago. Still waiting for them to release it!
I can't wait to play it.

Sooo...
It's finally out on PC.
I've been playing it for a few days. I'm in love with this game.
Finally, a game that's more about the story itself and feelings than shooting and killing.

Really, really happy about this one.

Mmm I have this in my PS4 library and never downloaded it. Is it mostly QTE and story driven? Maybe ill give it a try. I need something easy to pick up

I loved the game but I agree with Gabe, Kara's story was a bit weak. The game was amazing following Connor story, if it had just told his story alone, this could have been my goty for the year, surely, because it's brilliant on so many levels. Technically, one of the best games I've played in my standard ps4.

Mmm I have this in my PS4 library and never downloaded it. Is it mostly QTE and story driven? Maybe ill give it a try. I need something easy to pick up

Got it with ps+? Me too it totally worth that one month of fee. But im not so crazy about replaying it all, maybe with others splitting the characters.

Got it with ps+? Me too it totally worth that one month of fee. But im not so crazy about replaying it all, maybe with others splitting the characters.

Yeah , its in my ps+ backlog up there with xcom 2.

But for a 1 time run its good? Is it too long? hard to pick up? I just now dont have much time on my hands to learn to play games. Thats why I usually stick to soccer games or easy to pick up games like diablo. I would like to get sucked in in long games, but I dont have a lot of time during the day. lately im just hammering titanfall 2 as I can jump in and out for short sessions

Yeah , its in my ps+ backlog up there with xcom 2.

But for a 1 time run its good? Is it too long? hard to pick up? I just now dont have much time on my hands to learn to play games. Thats why I usually stick to soccer games or easy to pick up games like diablo. I would like to get sucked in in long games, but I dont have a lot of time during the day. lately im just hammering titanfall 2 as I can jump in and out for short sessions

It depends on the story u unfold but its about 10 hours. And nah the qte-s are not that crazy.

I love this game (still not completed it myself) but this is David Cage's best work to date.

The best part is the World building, you're immersed in & believe the world it's characters & it's inhabitants is real.

The game is essentially a commentary on humanity's fascination with playing god & the ethics of recreating flawless humans with sentience & artificial emotion in the form of androids.

Make sure to check out the various in game magazines & articles scattered throughout the game world which challenges the implications of humans being replaced in everyday life by the superior machine & the way people feel threatened. Jobs are lost, Societal moral is low, The subjectivity of art due to the imperfection of humans is art risk of being eradicated... Sports teams & professional atheletes are replaced by androids that don't fatigue & have perfect ability, Bands & musicians are replaced by androids who have unlimited musical range..

It's a remarkable game & one of the better interpretations of a near future & or dependence on technology that unknowingly threatens the human race.

I was thinking about getting this for Christmas...

Currently it can be bought for € 30 from the Epic Store (by downloading "Into the Breach" for free you get a 10€ discount that you can use to download Detroit Become Human for € 30 instead of € 40).

I'm more and more in love with this game every time I play. I just don't want it to end. I have no idea how far into it I am. The end might be right around the corner, but I don't want it to end! Shocking. It's like... the type of game I've been waiting for a decade.

I really like Kara's story the most, so far.

Some bits in this game are so lifelike. It's like you're watching an actual movie.
Playing it everything maxed out, 144 fps. Beautiful.

A bit late but just started it on PC (a few hours played). Completely agree: amazing game!
I was having a hard time playing non-football related games, but this one really caught my attention when it was released for PS4, so I avoided any spoilers.
As @MafiaMurderBag says, it seems like everything is authentic: the world, the citizens, etc.

A bit late but just started it on PC (a few hours played). Completely agree: amazing game!
I was having a hard time playing non-football related games, but this one really caught my attention when it was released for PS4, so I avoided any spoilers.
As @MafiaMurderBag says, it seems like everything is authentic: the world, the citizens, etc.

I played it twice!
After the first time, and seeing how many story-changing decisions can be made, I let 3 months pass and then re-played it!
Best game I've played in a long, long time!

i also played this game twice, first on ps4 and then on pc. really one if the best (maybe THE best) game i have ever played. Its like a real movie

I forgot to give an update when I finished it: incredible. Sensational game, and I really liked the fact that it wasn't entirely difficult in terms of gameplay, this way I can share the experience with older (or much younger) people without the need of them knowing how to play videogames :APPLAUD:

Played this, due to quite a few people recommending it..

I must say it is one of the strongest story driven games, I have played in a long time.
I absolutely loved the fact that every decision made opens up new dialog, or the way characters interact with you at certain stages.
Apparently the ending also changes completely based on your decisions throughout the game - I am not sure which ending I got.
I will wait a couple of months, and will certainly play it again, but this time select different options to see what happens.

The story involving Connor is definitely the strong part of the title, as his story is good and strong throughout.
Marcus the story starts quite weak and it isn't till around the half way stage that he starts to become interesting.
Kara on the other hand, her story starts of quite well, then TBH to me got really tiresome.

I have played through it the once and would easily recommend this game, and is probably the game I enjoyed most during lockdown.

I thought I would spoiler this part, even though everyone reading this has probably completed the game.
I did not manage to save Kara and Alice as both of them were caught and shot whilst I was at the bus station.

I must say it is one of the strongest story driven games, I have played in a long time.
I absolutely loved the fact that every decision made opens up new dialog, or the way characters interact with you at certain stages.
Apparently the ending also changes completely based on your decisions throughout the game - I am not sure which ending I got.
I will wait a couple of months, and will certainly play it again, but this time select different options to see what happens.

The story involving Connor is definitely the strong part of the title, as his story is good and strong throughout.
Marcus the story starts quite weak and it isn't till around the half way stage that he starts to become interesting.
Kara on the other hand, her story starts of quite well, then TBH to me got really tiresome.

I have played through it the once and would easily recommend this game, and is probably the game I enjoyed most during lockdown.

I thought I would spoiler this part, even though everyone reading this has probably completed the game.
I did not manage to save Kara and Alice as both of them were caught and shot whilst I was at the bus station.
Yeah, I just played the game with Kara and Alice to save ourselves, didn't care about the rest. Didn't save anyone, stole the tickets to go to Canada and, in the end, sacrificed Kara for Alice to live. It seemed like the other options were too ambicious and it was risking too much. I also sabotaged every mission with Connor towards the end to make the revolution possible, but we ended up shot by the army, although I stopped the robots from getting destroyed by the authorities!

Kara's story was so emotional. I loved it. It really got to me somehow.
I mean... it's just a game and all that, but still... it broke my gamer heart.

Believe it or not, I managed to save all 3 of them the first time around, so I got the "happy ending". Although I think there are several happy endings, and several sad ones.
The second time I payed, shit went sideways and couldn't save any of them and it was the most disastrous ending I could hope for.

Yesterday I ran Epic Games Launcher after a while and I got an update for Detroit... no idea what changed though. Probably optimization stuff?.

I really really hope they'll make a sequel to this game.

Yesterday I ran Epic Games Launcher after a while and I got an update for Detroit... no idea what changed though. Probably optimization stuff?.

I believe it is probably to fix the issue with the latest Nvidia drivers.
The game crashes every time a new cut scene starts, so I had to downgrade my drivers.
I am glad though now they have fixed the issue, means I can update my drivers again now, as you need the latest drivers to get the Samsung monitor to recognise G-Sync (When/IF it ever arrives)

I believe it is probably to fix the issue with the latest Nvidia drivers.
The game crashes every time a new cut scene starts, so I had to downgrade my drivers.
I am glad though now they have fixed the issue, means I can update my drivers again now, as you need the latest drivers to get the Samsung monitor to recognise G-Sync (When/IF it ever arrives)

Oh I never update Nvidia's drivers. The last time I did it was in December.
They screw it up more often than not :D

Oh I never update Nvidia's drivers. The last time I did it was in December.
They screw it up more often than not :D

Sometimes the case, but with this update it added loads of features.
The main one for me being G-Sync support for the new monitor I am getting.

But the real main reason is the new driver fully supports the new DirectX 12 Ultimate update, which brings loads of new graphical features.. But you also need to have Windows 10 V2004 for this feature.

To the game though...
I am disappointed I did not save Kara, as I was stupid and gave the women with the baby the bus ticket back, when I should of kept it.
+ I done the incredibly stupid thing by then walking straight into the guards who were searching for Androids and they shot me on the spot.

Sometimes the case, but with this update it added loads of features.
The main one for me being G-Sync support for the new monitor I am getting.

But the real main reason is the new driver fully supports the new DirectX 12 Ultimate update, which brings loads of new graphical features.. But you also need to have Windows 10 V2004 for this feature.

To the game though...
I am disappointed I did not save Kara, as I was stupid and gave the women with the baby the bus ticket back, when I should of kept it.
+ I done the incredibly stupid thing by then walking straight into the guards who were searching for Androids and they shot me on the spot.

Hahaa!
I've never seen another game with so much depth, with so many story-changing decisions to be made. It's so rich.
I also love how the stories seem to be so different but (depending on the choices you make) end up connecting so well.

Glad you both enjoyed it. You should watch the making of and developer commentary in the extras menu or gallery. It's a perfect companion to a masterpiece. This game is David Cage's magnus opus because while he was always an ambitious creator and visionary, His writing and subject matter wasn't always consistent or could be taken seriously. But Detroit is critically significant title and really suffers from releasing during an over saturated generation of games.

Hopefully it doesn't get overlooked in the future and be considered a vital work. This isn't a game, It's a work of art and a commentary. It's a commentary on ethics, persecution and equality.

The recent BLM protests got me thinking about this game again and the various emotions and tensions people are experiencing. I tweeted this last month due to how prescient Detroit felt.

So far I would consider one of the best games of the generation.

I am trying to think, what I would consider the absolute best.. I have played through some titles whilst being on furlough, but not as many as I probably would of hoped - But certainly glad I played this.

The story on it is just really good and strong, and each character has a different story to tell - And with all the choices you can make during the game to change the outcome and whether or not certain people like you or not, and even unlocked different conversational paths.
It is kind of like Until Dawn, but just done so much better.
I would even go as far and easily put this in my top 10 games of all time.

Out of the games I have played through furlough, I would probably rate it as No 1.
1. Detroit: Become Human
2. Last of Us Part 2
3. Resident Evil 3
4. Spider-Man - Good game - But without doubt, one of the most overated games by reviewers.
5. Resident Evil 7 - But then this would of been bottom of the list no matter what I played.
Will try and complete another couple of games now, before I go back to work at the beginning of August.

Last edited:
It makes my top 3 for sure.
-Football games aside-

1- Full Throttle (1995)
2 - Grim Fandango (1998)
3 - Detroit Become Human
4 - The Day Of The Tentacle (1993)
5 - GTA V

It just goes to show what I think of modern games, lol. Most of my favorite games are classics from the good old days.
But there's an emotional link attached to those as well.
And I'm probably forgetting other fine games I've played right now.

It just goes to show what I think of modern games, lol. Most of my favorite games are classics from the good old days.
But there's an emotional link attached to those as well.
And I'm probably forgetting other fine games I've played right now.

Most of my favourite games are also from around that time period.
Over the past 20 years, I would only say KOTOR, Last of Us (NOT 2) and this are in my top 10.

Found another thread - https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/top-5-games-of-all-time.71262/
Where I listed my Top 5, although would probably change that now.

Last edited:
What a game.. absolutely blew me away.. I heard about it, but never played it.
Gave it a chance the other day and was glued to the screen every chance I got until I finished it today.

To my surprise - it had really tense and emotional moments and really made me think. Not gonna lie - I also needed a tissue here and there.

My ending was very bitter sweet, so I already told my wife she is going to play this game from the start, just coz I want to see how her story unfolds.

The mad thing is that I finished the game and I'm afraid to uncover any of the spoiler above, coz there is so many paths in this game that all these spoilers might contain stuff that I haven't seen yet.

Really solid game.
Bought their previous games - Heavy Rain, Beyond:Two Souls and their new one - Below the Waves half way through this. That's how good it is.

What a game.. absolutely blew me away.. I heard about it, but never played it.
Gave it a chance the other day and was glued to the screen every chance I got until I finished it today.

To my surprise - it had really tense and emotional moments and really made me think. Not gonna lie - I also needed a tissue here and there.

My ending was very bitter sweet, so I already told my wife she is going to play this game from the start, just coz I want to see how her story unfolds.

The mad thing is that I finished the game and I'm afraid to uncover any of the spoiler above, coz there is so many paths in this game that all these spoilers might contain stuff that I haven't seen yet.

Really solid game.
Bought their previous games - Heavy Rain, Beyond:Two Souls and their new one - Below the Waves half way through this. That's how good it is.

Glad someone else played this.
It really is an absolute fantastic game and seriously under played.

For me it was easily one of the top 3 games of the last generation of consoles and kept meaning to go back and play again, but this next be the biggest dick in the world and get all the bad endings.

Back
Top Bottom