Kolia V

Banned
15 November 2009
Kyïv, Ukraine
Dynamo Kyïv, West Ham
Olsen-Banden
140176307_crop_650x440.jpg

Goalkeepers:
Stephan Andersen (Evian Thonon Gaillard)
Anders Lindegaard (Manchester United)
Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City).

Defenders:
Lars Jacobsen (FC Kobenhavn)
Daniel Wass (Evian Thonon Gaillard)
Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Simon Kjær (AS Roma)
Andreas Bjelland (Nordsjælland)
Simon Poulsen (AZ Alkmaar)
Jores Okore (Nordsjælland).

Midfielders:
Christian Poulsen (Evian Thonon Gaillard)
Jakob Poulsen (Midtjylland)
William Kvist (FC Nürnberg)
Niki Zimling (Club Brugge)
Thomas Kahlenberg (Evian Thonon Gaillard)
Christian Eriksen (Ajax)
Michael Silberbauer (BSC Young Boys)
Lasse Schone (NEC Nijmegen).

Forwards:
Dennis Rommedahl (Brondby IF)
Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal)
Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brondby IF)
Tobias Mikkelsen (FC Nordsjælland)
Nicklas Pedersen (FC Groningen).

The Coach:
Morten Olsen​

First match:
Denmark 1 : 0 Nederland

Last edited:
Good work, the Vikings! This is undoubtedly the first sensation of the tournament. This result, I did not expect, but it happened, Bravo!

Btw, this is the first victory the Danes over the Dutch in regular time of match with the 1967. ;)

That is why everyone loves the underdogs I guess. Good match, but I still see some potential especially the forwards (Bendtner) weren't as dangerous as I supposed them to be.

And thanks to their win chances for Germany to reach the elimination rounds are growing. So we have to thank them. :D

I wanted Holland to win for financial reasons, although I do have Denmark in the work sweep.

But great performance.

FD

Lol

Kjaer was the real boss! Agger and his super aggressive Macho attitude are too much at times. He's ALWAYS trying to show what a tough guy he supposedly is. Must have been picked on and bullied as a kid lol.

that Irish girl is a princess, this Denmark one is not bad either .. ;)

btw, those were pics from Liverpool forum and you know i´m a fan, but i posted here couse it´s denmark thread ;)

was only a joke pal :)

artem, I wouldn't actually have those girls compete but the danish one has also some extras you know. :P

Last edited:
It is unfortunate Danes today, So want that you would have made a miracle, but evil Portuguese destroyed all hope. :D But anyway, gorgeous game, Denmark really proves that she deserves to play on the Euro, as it has a fairly high chance of reaching from group of death, although the last match you will play with the invincible until the Germans. It will be hard, but I hope that at least a draw you will be able to play, good luck to the Vikings! ;)

Well all hope isn't destroyed is it?

Even a draw for Denmark can take them to knockout stage.

Hmmm ... very pretty, but the Russian girl on first match is still better. :D

She is dynamite.... She does look Slavic as well.

You cannot compare this Danish side with the '86 team who deserved their title of Danish Dynamite. No Simonsen, Elkjaar either but this team really does work as a unit and maximizes it's potential.

Needless to say great effort against Holland and rather unlucky not to earn a point against Portugual. Losing Rommedahl and Zimling won't help but I thought their replacements Mikkelsen and Jakob Poulsen put in a sterling effort.

Deserved exit, this team lacks quality in every part of the pitch except for the central defense. They have guts, though, but I can't say that the amount of long balls and the face of Bendtner inspire me to cheer for this team.

Seriously, if the Danish keeps picking on the Norwegian style, why are they trying so hard to emulate it?

Well, Vikings! The last game with you for Germany, was perhaps the most difficult of all. You really showed that you do not "the boys for shave", even in the group of death, but the real favorite of this group. Denmark was very close to his goal, but did not have very little ... probably experience. Anyway, good luck and goodbye, because Denmark out. ;)

Overall a good tournament for Denmark who many had underestimated.

Loss of Zimling was a factor. Could've done even better had he not gone off injured in Portugal match.

I think overall Martin Olsen and his side can be proud of their efforts and they could've easily even gotten out of group!

Christian Eriksen didn't do much though. Did he?

Yeah, Eriksen was awful. He had a lot of bad passes. Might have been pressure.

Back
Top Bottom