Demo impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

BwA Spectre

Banned
19 August 2008
Really, played around 10 games and havent seen too much difference from match to match to continue playing. It's really very simple to asses this game.

First...graphics look good, much better than previous titles but they need to turn down the contrast and sharpness a bit. Having facial features and detail, expressions (which Fifa doesnt have) is good and all but it gets to look borderline grotesque witht he exagerated lighting (contrast, etc.). Some players look great some look way off.
Gameplay...this is where they are hurting. Animations, response times are all off. It's still very robotic and not as fluid as Fifa. Crowd audio seems weird. Cant put my finger on it but it's not appropriate. Ball thump sounds horrid as does the player collision reactions.

I can go on and on about this games shortcomings but in short, Konami need a new engine badly, and a new development team. They will continue to take small baby steps at this pace while EA will take leaps. Ive been hoping for a strong Konami comeback but its not happening this year, absolutely no way. Demo gets a 7/10. Just my opinion.

OK< begin the attacks on my opinion. :CONFUSE:

PS. does Tom lock threads for people not agreeing with PES? Just curious. Looked at all the locks and looks excessive...to say the least

By the sounds of it some folk were getting a bit too serious about video games.

At the end of the day the problem is that PES isn't the game that it should be. We've now gone 3 years since Konami released a proper footy game and it's starting to show - there aren't many folk that are embracing the game like we did in the PS2 days and the situation doesn't look like changing.

Mate, you obviously don't know what's going so, so don't just presume things out of thin air, okay? I stated pretty clearly why that demo thread was closed temporarily.

I've reopened it now. Feel free to copy your impressions there. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom