Def Jam Rapstar (PS3, 360, Wii)

Lami

Niche Football
28 May 2007
Sydney
Man Utd, Juve
Not sure this interests everyone but it certainly looks fun. Might even get this for a laugh.

A little info off Gamespot's website:

Japanese publisher to distribute 4mm's hip-hop karaoke game this fall; song selection to cover old-school hits from Wu-Tang Clan, new tracks from Lil' Wayne; will use Xbox 360, PS3 cameras.

Last May, two of the original founders of Rockstar Games helped create the all-new publishing label 4mm Games. Today, the New York-based company announced a partnership with Konami to distribute its hip-hop karaoke title, Def Jam Rapstar. As the name suggests, the game will offer licensed hits from the eponymous rap label. It will also offer tracks from other companies, ranging the gamut from retro classics to new releases.

You want some C.R.E.A.M. with that?

Jamie King, chief creative officer and cofounder of 4mm Games, told GameSpot that Def Jam Rapstar's track list will include Wu-Tang Clan's "C.R.E.A.M.," Dr. Dre's "Nuthin' but a G Thang," Lil' Wayne's "A Milli," and Kanye West's "Gold Digger." Six more of the game's 50 songs were also announced today (see below), with the rest of the tracklist to be revealed at a later date.

Def Jam Rapstar is due out this fall for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo Wii. It is being developed by Terminal Reality and Def Jam Interactive, with newly formed shop Autumn Games copublishing. It will use the two consoles' cameras for gameplay and will offer region-specific songs in the UK and Europe. It will also offer a Freestyle mode that will allow players to create their own tracks and upload and share videos.

Fore more on Def Jam Rapstar, check out GameSpot's hands-on preview of the game.

DEF JAM RAP STAR TRACKLIST
2 Pac "I Get Around"
50 Cent "I Get Money"
Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg "Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang"
Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx "Gold Digger"
Lil' Wayne "A Milli"
Notorious B.I.G. "Juicy"
Slick Rick "Children's Story"
T.I. featuring Rihanna "Live Your Life"
Wu Tang Clan "C.R.E.A.M."
Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West "Put On"

Link

You getting it Billy?

Nah. Im not really into these music games like Guitar Hero/DJ Hero etc. I understand why some people like it but I personally just don't get what all the fuss is about. I love music and listen to all genres from indie rock straight through to hip-hop, rap, electro, trance and even classical. I also like video games but the merger of both hasn't sparked it off for me....yet.

Not into them games either, but thinking of the cheesy rhyming me and friends will come up with should be quite a laugh.

I will get the US version if region free. The UK version will be horrible as they won't use the sick UK Rappers.

Instead we will get the wack shit from dizzy rascal, chipmunk, N-Dubz etc. I hope they don't put any bitch as LL Cool J tracks on either.. :)

Back
Top Bottom