Damages

OPM

2 June 2003
damages.jpg

anybody else watching this? i am at episode 3 now, very enjoyable, nice plot, and ted danson as the bad, bloody rich guy is excellent :TU:

Awesome show, watched it when it aired, can't wait for season 2.

Glenn Close, Ted Danson, Zeljko Ivanek were all fucking immense in it.

The cool thing about the show is that when my wife and I watched it we really had no idea as to what it was really about, whether it would be good or not, IIRC we watched it during the height of the writer's strike when there was nothing at all to watch :)

7 episodes watched : 1st half of season very interesting even if I don't like some reactions and that 50% of the scenes are useless, but it's a good watchable show.

7/10 so far.

Glenn Close was terrific on the shield. She should have stayed longer on the show.

Gonna see If I find this any good.

EDIT:

meh, looks like some lawyer shit.... I've had enough of those for now. I'll go for it in a month or two.

It's much more than "some lawyer shit", really deep show, great story, phenomenal performances, really good way of telling the story, flashbacks and flashforwards which gradually get closer and closer as the season progresses :)

Finished... Sadness... Second part ruins it. 13 episodes were not necessary.

It's good, but so obvious. There's no surprise in this show, at all.

Overall : 6-/10

And Rose Byrne is much more impressive than Glenn Close.

Last edited:
I agree, but Tuta's excessively critical about the shows he watches, I've noticed it in other thread, not a problem of course, if we all thought the same thing life would be tedious ;)

I still disagree. I can give 10/10 sometimes ;). I may have been critical but it doesn't deserve more than 7 to me. The fact that the revelations are very obvious and with no surprise made me rate it severely, that's true. But maybe you were surprised, that's also possible.

Up to the 7th episode as I said, it was more than OK but then it's obvious they decided to do a second season and the main plot has changed :
the Frobisher case was shorten and boring. It became very slow in the present scenes and the main events were in the flashforwards. The show wasn't well-balanced anymore and there was too many FF at the end. That tells that the writers didn't handle well the last episodes.

I'm sure some "big" secrets are kept for season 2 such as "what happened to Lila ?" :). I'm still interested.

Last edited:
Is this on Sky?

Its on Hallmark on Sundays and repeated on Saturdays, I watched an episode 2/3 last night and I was hooked immediately, I'm going to stop watching on Hallmark though and I'm going to buy it on BD next week.

Tuta, when you watch a show like this (ie an American show) do you watch in English with no subtitles, English with French subtitles, or dubbed into French?

BTW just started watching Life, really liking it, reminds me a lot of Damages the way it has a current story and a past story interwoven, quite quirky and fun as well, highly recommended :)

I always watch my shows in English. Most of the times without subtitles. But I watched Damages with English subtitles, and it wasn't necessary, it was very easy to understand.

finished it, i think the flick at the end was brilliant, and everything was very well thought through and performed - can't wait to see how season 2 turns out.

btw, i didn't see that many useless scenes - all makes sense in the end. but i'm kinda sad to see frobisher gone, he's been by far my favorite character in this one

I think the key difference in how this show should be watched and enjoyed and how Tuta and perhaps others watched it incorrectly is that the strength of this show is in the performances, the drama, it's not a puzzle to be solved as other shows are, for example Lost and L&O:CI are two shows where your role is to solve the puzzles, in Damages your role is to appreciate the performances, as much as if it's a play you're watching, with a play you may be familiar with the plot and story but you watch it as much to admire the presentation and acting.

I loved this show, I think it has been better than the last season of Lost and heroes. I cant wait for s2

What a great first episode to the second season. Looking forward to seeing how it develops, I'm glad it's back.

starting in same old style, nothing lame about it so far. i love this show!

Back
Top Bottom