Custom Controller Configurations

mfmaxpower

International
29 July 2010
Post your custom controller configs here, what works for you and why. Also mention what system.

Last weekend I went out and bought a 360 version of the game because the PS3 controller was giving me issues. I find it's just too small for me, especcially for extended game sessions.

What I've done is moved L2 (man pass/feints) to R1; R1 (sprint) to R2; and then obviously R2 (close control) to L2.

So far this is working best for me for a couple reasons. First I no longer need to worry about pressing two top buttons on the same side at once b/c now it's R2 and L2 for super cancel and dribble tap on. This is really helping me with the tap on. (Not having to use two top buttons on one side at once is the main reason ive been playing around with different control schemes. The 360 controller is not designed for this and I've struggled to play that way.)

It also helps because R2 feels a far more natural position for sprint. Having the close control/ jockey button on L2 also feels more natural, although I'll admit my preferences have been heavily influenced by playing mostly FIFA the last few years.

The only issues i find are that the trigger buttons, at least on the 360, are not great for quick stopping in PES. Not sure why that is. Also i liked having the feint modifier on L2 more than R1, again probably because FIFA combines the link feint and close control features.

I still don't feel totally comfortable with the controls (don't think I've ever put so many hours into another game and still not felt comfortable with the scheme!) but I'm hoping i can settle on this current one!

I'm hoping others will post their control schemes so I can see if there's any I'm missing that might be worth a try.

I prefer the R2 jockey and like the PS3 controller much better than the X Box brick. Just too damn big for my liking.

I own both and i feel like PES is better suited for the PS3 controller (no surprise) but I just cant play with dualshock for hours like i can with 360 controller... what'ya gonna do?

You prefer R2 jockey... so that means what, you keep the default setup?

I own both and i feel like PES is better suited for the PS3 controller (no surprise) but I just cant play with dualshock for hours like i can with 360 controller... what'ya gonna do?

You prefer R2 jockey... so that means what, you keep the default setup?

Yeah I use the default setup it seems most logical to me. No matter how I would reconfigure the setup the L2 button is a problem so I just leave it as it is.

Back
Top Bottom