CROATIA thread

The two officials behind the goals have been staggeringly useless barring one incident so far..... :FAIL:

Are you talking about an elbow kick on Pletikosa in match against Ireland? In one of the replays you can see referee behind the goal looking in that direction and he did nothing about it. And if he shouted (they have communications equipment) that there was and elbow on Pletikosa's face that would be a direct red card I persume.

Just watch this video from 18 second on and you'll see what am I talking about
YouTube - Croatia vs Ireland Goalkeeper Elbowed

Are you talking about an elbow kick on Pletikosa in match against Ireland? In one of the replays you can see referee behind the goal looking in that direction and he did nothing about it. And if he shouted (they have communications equipment) that there was and elbow on Pletikosa's face that would be a direct red card I persume.

Just watch this video from 18 second on and you'll see what am I talking about
YouTube - Croatia vs Ireland Goalkeeper Elbowed

This is just one of them Cuky.

I think having watched all the games so far the officials behind the line have made just a couple of positive interventions.

For everything else they have done nothing.

No advice on penalty decisions, corner decisions which have been wrongly given and nothing about shirt pulls and players being pulled down in the box.

Replacing Bilic with the right man is crucial considering some more youngsters are waiting in the wings some of whom are very talented.

Otherwise this is a pretty young team and can only get better. Players like Mandzukic though need to make the right career choice rather than just chasing the dollar and wasting time sitting on a bench warming it than playing.

PSG for instance would be a very bad choice for him.

totally agree with every word ..

I guess you're wrong about something on that rule PLF. In the case of Italy-Eire: 1-0 and Croatia-Spain: 0-0; Italy, Spain, Croatia all tied with 5 points, none of them could've beaten each other, Italy scored against both others so they should be #1. Croatia and Spain each scored 1 goal so tie still is not broken. Then it's the matter of goal difference recorded against Eire between those two teams. I think you know all of these situations. But what you say can lead to some match-fixing like Italy could record over 4 goals difference against an already eliminated Eire side. That's still not my point though (I know it's also a bit ridiculous but things happen). Goals scored against your tied rivals although having drawn with them are more important than what you've done against the weakest side of the group. If you're good, show it with what you've done against your rivals, not with the performance you put against another party. This makes much sense to me. It's also kind of deterrent to boring goalless draws between big sides. Goal is an important thing. :P

All aside I'd love to see Italy and Croatia having advanced to quarter finals from the group. Boy, Spain is such a boring team to watch. I spent the whole second half sleeping and got woken up by the goal shout of the commentator. Damn, man why do you even shout for a typical Spain goal?!

I know this isn't right thread , but I saw my friend Arlind Basha scored a goal for hajduk split and had one assist in friendy game vs strum Graz (?) , how he's doing so far ? Does he has a chance to get into 1st team?

Back in school for Croatia squad
nikokovac_hrvatskapripreme_tabla.jpg

Kovač is using chalkboard to better explain to players what he wants from them

Olic has been really poor, lost ball many time, and why isn't mandzukic starting ?

Also ref being an asshole many times and media too they don't replay nothing when it com to Croatia , chance before goal, Neymar handball before free kick, modric foul not given , Oscar dangerous play...

Mandzukic has a red card ban for this match if i´m not mistaken..

agree, the foul on Kovacic should have been a free kick for Croatia..

Olic has been really poor, lost ball many time, and why isn't mandzukic starting ?

Also ref being an asshole many times and media too they don't replay nothing when it com to Croatia , chance before goal, Neymar handball before free kick, modric foul not given , Oscar dangerous play...

Wtf?
Ok, olic had some losses of the ball, but he plays well. Ref is quite ok.

Btw mandzukic won't play as he got a red card in playoffs and got suspended for first match ;)

Olic playes mostly on left wing to stop alves with his work rate and fighting spirit... he´s quality, one of most who impress me tonight.. despite the fact i see him as a CF he does good on left wing...

First play and already criticism for nothing. Won't be long until the first conspiracy theorists will come up...

Think Croatia played well so far, although I missing some really clear chances. Especially after their goal they hadn't many attacks.

Olić has been one of our best players on the pitch tonight. Yes, he had few mistakes near the end of the half, but he still was great.

I am actually pleasantly surprised by Pletikosa. I thought he had lost a touch a bit in recent years, but he is still able to preform well when it is most important.

Dude, only because you make a mistake, it doesn't make you corrupt. I sometimes don't get your understand of justice. If you have proofs that he did this call on purpose, fine, but all of us here won't be able to prove his alleged corruption. So I think we shouldn't call that corrupt, it was "just" a blatant error by the referee.

Not good result at all. It is hard enough to play against Brazil, but it is impossible when there is weak referee who is just too afraid to make any call against Brazil in front of 60.000 Brazil fans...I don't think his mistakes were intentional, but this match should have been given to better and stronger referee.

Anyways, I just hope our players will keep their heads up. They fought Brazil well, they were at least on par with them and if they continue like this in next 2 games we should be through into next round.

Dude, only because you make a mistake, it doesn't make you corrupt. I sometimes don't get your understand of justice. If you have proofs that he did this call on purpose, fine, but all of us here won't be able to prove his alleged corruption. So I think we shouldn't call that corrupt, it was "just" a blatant error by the referee.

How many blatant errors happen in a match though before something looks suspect? If i keep overcharging you for items in a shop at what point would consistent overcharging go from being an honest mistake to deliberately ripping you off. Im not necessarily saying this game was corrupt or not, but i think it would be unwise to write everything in every scenario is uncorruptable.

I think this match proved that Brazil are everything that they claim Uruguay and Argentina is; cheating bastards who needs a selectively blind ref in order to win.

croatia were robbed, they should call the police but they too busy gettin' pelted by the protesters:ROLL:

This is a tragedy for sport indeed.

Croatia played better than Brazil and was a truly brave team, they made them so scary of end up losing that they had to make the ref win for them, pathetic and expected.

All I want for this WC now is that Brazil goes out as soon as possible and in the most humiliating way possible.

Me and all my friends were supporting Croatia, but like Niko said, if this is how they will play this out we might just go home.

Korea 2002 = Brazil 2014

PS: Olic was a monster tonight, he is one of my favorite players and he was a tank and a true leader for the team tonight.

Back
Top Bottom