CROATIA thread

I agree with you about Olić. He might not be our technically best player, but what he lacks in feints and attractive moves he makes up with his good speed, stamina and his determination to do his job as best as he possibly can.

Olić defensive effort was amazing. For a player of his age (34), plus being a foward adapt to LMF, is stamina and workrate was second to none.
Plus offensively he seemed the only player that had the freedom (or the capability) to go for the one-on-one and being sucessfull at that. If Perisić had the same impact Croatia could've score a goal (outside the own-goal of course).

olić is a great player. his work rate, determination and passion is something i value the most in a player.

i would love to have such player in any team i support.

p.s. thank you pipa for your support for bosnia and croatia ;)

What can I say... FIFA MAFIA

mcIHOjb.jpg

How many blatant errors happen in a match though before something looks suspect? If i keep overcharging you for items in a shop at what point would consistent overcharging go from being an honest mistake to deliberately ripping you off. Im not necessarily saying this game was corrupt or not, but i think it would be unwise to write everything in every scenario is uncorruptable.

I don't think the sport in uncorruptable, but to call a ref "bought", because he has a very bad day is ridiculous. If I might repeat myself her:
When reading some posts here, I'd like to bang my head through a concrete wall. Think you're overreacting. Just because a ref has a bad day, he isn't bought. This is Kindergarten niveau, always complaining about another person, but never about the own performance. Croatia hadn't many chances after their first goal. Yes, of course, this is never a penalty, but both the situation against Julio Cesar and before the third goal were absolutely correct. Brazil deserved to win, maybe not that way and that high, but it surely wasn't undeserved or even bought. Be rational at all.

Refs aren't on high level so far, that second disallowed goal was definitely a legit goal, the first one may be explained with off-side, but even this wasn't a clear situation, Cameroon couldn't be mourning about being 0-2 down. But again: Bad ref performance doesn't automatically mean, they were bought. That's conspiracy bullshit.

How many of the users here would have reacted, if Croatia would have won this way? I doubt it would have been many.

Nobody agrees with you.

People see some nice matches now and start to call this 'a great World Cup'.

It's incredible how fast they forget about what they did to Croatia in the first game, how can they ignore how the Croatian team and supporters must be feeling with all this crap, that is why a corrupt organization like FIFA works, people don't care at all if it's right or wrong, people just want to have fun and be blind about anything that goes against that.

Disgusting.

@Daniel_Juve
I can't speak for everyone, but I have moved on...I still feel we didn't deserve to loose in that match as Brazil haven't been any better than we were (except maybe in passing between 2 CBs) but it is in the past now. In 3 days we play again, this time against Cameroon and only thing that our players need to concentrate on is to play the best they can to ensure we win in that game.

if croatia forfeit from the cup after that game, it would have brought a great attention that corrupt FIFA actually deserve and I'd fully support it. teams shouldn't participate in or continue to the tournaments that they feel something wrong about those who organizate it. otherwise, what can average joe do?

@Daniel_Juve
I can't speak for everyone, but I have moved on...I still feel we didn't deserve to loose in that match as Brazil haven't been any better than we were (except maybe in passing between 2 CBs) but it is in the past now. In 3 days we play again, this time against Cameroon and only thing that our players need to concentrate on is to play the best they can to ensure we win in that game.

Yes you didn't deserved to loose and you played better then Brazil, but I was not saying Croatia should only think about that game, I was saying the people at home are ignoring a bought game just because they are having fun with the other games.

I'm having fun watching some games, but call this WHOLE WC a 'great tournament' or saying 'all games have been great so far' is outrageous, it's like saying a huge 'fuck you Croatia we don't care and we don't care if this WC is completely bought by Brazil as long as we have fun' to your faces.

Croatia should focus in the next game, my problem is how the people at home don't care about corrupted stuff like that, and even act like a complete child and a dick towards people who are still upset about it like S-NipE.

if croatia forfeit from the cup after that game, it would have brought a great attention that corrupt FIFA actually deserve and I'd fully support it. teams shouldn't participate in or continue to the tournaments that they feel something wrong about those who organizate it. otherwise, what can average joe do?

Yes, you are totally right.

I'm not "a dick towards people, who are upset", I only demand proofs for your claims. That's how justice works.

Well, after I write or say the same for the third or fourth time, I might get a bit unhappy. Sorry for that, it wasn't meant that way. But I don't like it, when something is claimed without any backing arguments.

man I hate this...Modrić got injured in the game against Brazil...last few days in Croatian media...

Day1: "Modrić won't be able to play against Cameroon", "Modrić will be ready, says Kovač", "Modrić said he is feeling good and he will be playing"

Day2: "Doctors have said Modrić will be able to play", "Modrić: It hurts, but I hope I'll be ready", "Kovač: Mordić won't be able to play"

Day3: "Modrić will be able to play against Cameroon", "Bad luck for Kovač, Modrić won't be able to play, Sammir and Brozović are candidates for his place", "Modrić is ready, he is starting the match"

I mean, come on!! So much contradicting articles, most of them posted by same news site (and than copied by everyone else) separated by 2-3 hours...are their sponsors that unhappy with amount of clicks on their ads so that they have to write such pieces of crap to attract readers?

Well, in any case the team really needs him, so I hope they decide whatever is better for him.

FORZA HRVATSKA TONIGHT! :BSCARF:

HRVATSKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! 4x0 :D

Now Mexico only stands in the way, keep this rhythm of tonight! :)

I expected win from our guys, but I never expected them to win with such a big margin. Game was pretty much on par until Song was sent off and that helped us a lot (thanks Song, you can do that again if we ever do came across each other :D ).

But I am disappointed a bit with how this game was presented in our media. Everybody is saying that we were much better team, that this is the real face of this team...but nobody seems to remember that things weren't all that great and that we started to dominate after that red card.

I am actually not that optimistic for game against Mexico, but I will worry about that later. Now is time to celebrate a victory, first WC win for our NT since 2002 (interestingly, Olić scored our first goals in both games)...oh yes, and Perišić was fantastic last night. I can't believe that there were guys here in Croatia who were upset that he was called in...I didn't think much of him either, but I was OK with him. Now after those 2 games here I can't imagine our team without him.

True. But whatever good he brought in (helping in defense, putting pressure on opposing defense) was partially undone by Sammir. Sammir has great talent, but he is just not fit for matches at this level. He is out of shape, lazy and I really don't see what was the point of having him there. If Kovač wanted to spare Kovačić a bit because he looked intimidated against Brazil it would be better to have Vukojević, Badelj or Brozović in instead of Sammir.

I expected win from our guys, but I never expected them to win with such a big margin. Game was pretty much on par until Song was sent off and that helped us a lot (thanks Song, you can do that again if we ever do came across each other :D ).

But I am disappointed a bit with how this game was presented in our media. Everybody is saying that we were much better team, that this is the real face of this team...but nobody seems to remember that things weren't all that great and that we started to dominate after that red card.

I am actually not that optimistic for game against Mexico, but I will worry about that later. Now is time to celebrate a victory, first WC win for our NT since 2002 (interestingly, Olić scored our first goals in both games)...oh yes, and Perišić was fantastic last night. I can't believe that there were guys here in Croatia who were upset that he was called in...I didn't think much of him either, but I was OK with him. Now after those 2 games here I can't imagine our team without him.

Perišić did an excellent game last night, I didn't think much of him either to be honest, but his goal was quite impressive (winning that run), so I think those fans now like he is in the squad, hehe.

True. But whatever good he brought in (helping in defense, putting pressure on opposing defense) was partially undone by Sammir. Sammir has great talent, but he is just not fit for matches at this level. He is out of shape, lazy and I really don't see what was the point of having him there. If Kovač wanted to spare Kovačić a bit because he looked intimidated against Brazil it would be better to have Vukojević, Badelj or Brozović in instead of Sammir.

I was thinking the same about Sammir, I have no idea why he was called up, he brings nothing to the squad. Mandžukić did very well too but I can't like that prick, hi is just too ridiculous as a person, always diving and faking stuff, haha.

All the luck in the final game for you guys, I even made a shirt with "Hrvatska" in the WC font to watch the games :P

Last edited:
well, before this January this year Sammir's call up would be easily explained with "Mamić wanting to boost his price so that he can sell him for more". But Sammir lost a lot this season when he was thrown away from Dinamo Zagreb (he was lazy, often drunk in saturday night/sunday morning, nobody in team liked him...) and it wasn't until January that he was signed by Getafe. And even there he didn't play much. So no, I still don't get how he deserved his call. But than again, there are some suggestions that he was called in just because there was vacant place in 23-names list and our federation thought that we could persuade some number of locals to support us because of 2 Brazilian-born players in our squad.

Thanks for nice wishes for the last game. It would be great to finally go through from group stage (last time we did that was on EURO 08, while last time we did that in WC was in 1998)

I think that Kovač should play Kovačić against Mexico. Kovačić is faster than Sammir, he is the player with better agility. Although he is physically weaker than Sammir, he would better fit against faster Mexican players ;)

That is true yes. But if I were to decide our line-up I would go with Vukojević, Modrić and Rakitić in the middle. I have nothing against Kovačić, I rate him quite high actually...but Modrić and Rakitić have much more experience in comparison with him, while having Vukojević as DMF would than encourage Modrić and Rakitić to try and press higher up instead of waiting behind in case anything goes wrong.

Also, I would put in Vrsaljko instead of Pranjić as he seemed to be better in defense

My respect for Croatia, tonight we were watching the game here cheering a lot but the team just couldn't win, mostly because key players like Olic were EXTREMELY tired from that hell called Manaus that they think is a place to play football.

We all know what happened in the first 'game', so there is nothing more to add, the chances were practically cut from the start.

Time to think about the EURO and forget this whole experience, that had only a little bit of football involved.

Kovac was FANTASTIC for this NT, I really hope he continues and get a chance of participating in a real and fair tournament with Croatia.

And please get rid of Pletikosa, he was so terrible in theses games I almost felt he was letting the balls in on purpose, beyond embarrassing, that Oscar goal and today the first header goal... just unacceptable for a professional.

Anyway, HRVATSKA!

7jPHMiH.png

Yeah it's time for Pletikosa to pass the torch to a new keeper. He's been a great servant for many years but the time is right for him to step away from the starting position.

I too hope the Kovac brothers stay on in charge. If it wasn't for the great injustice in the first game against Brazil, Croatia may well have moved on. They are a quality team and can cause problems in Euro's if they find a good replacement for Pletikosa.

Now, when the World Cup is over for Croatia, is time that some players should say 'Goodbye' from the squad...
Pletikosa doesn't have fast reactions, fast reflexes... He isn't anymore young anymore. Subašić should be a decent (or more) replacement for Pletikosa.
Same with Olić: YES he is fast, strong and skilled player, but he only can plays the match first 30 minutes. Yesterday Ante Rebić showed us that he is young, strong, fast and dangerous player, he should replace Olić.
Srna could play for NT a couple of years more, but he also isn't very fast enough to play. Vrsaljko is way better than him (nowdays).
Same with Pranjić who plays LB for Croatia, although he is LMF, LWF. Since Robert Jarni, Croatia doesn't have proper LB; but I think that Milić (or even Strinić) would be a good choice for this position.

We should make these substitutions of generations for next EURO in France.
The line-up should be:
Subašić - Vrsaljko, Ćorluka, Lovren, Milić (Strinić) - Modrić, Vukojević/Brozović (Rakitić) - Perišić, Rakitić (Kovačić), Rebić - Mandžukić

I somehow agree. But i think that Rebić has shown yesterday that he is still a bit too young and that he doesn't know how to keep his feelings under control. He was so nervous after we were 3-0 down that he managed to get a red card inside opponents penalty box. You don't really expect to see that. But is, as most of our young players are, very talented and with proper guidance he could become indispensable part of our team.

We didn't play well, but this is absolutely disgusting
10438314_657098747712623_6211844541734103062_n.jpg

Translated: Girls, pack your purses.

But you can't expect anything better from news that are popular just because more than 50% of its pages are yellow-pages about celebrities from all over the world, including Croatia + a bit about sports and politics. Oh yes, and cheapest news in Croatia

Back
Top Bottom