Cheating Bastards!!!!!

Garrincha

Non-League
4 May 2006
Thats it, I've now retired from PES/ISS. Been playing since ISS Pro back in 1997 and I don't remember conceding ONE single goal that didn't involve CPU cheating! May sound like an exaggeration but it aint.

Their goals coming from my 95 speed player being outpaced by phil neville, from the keeper ALWAYS palming rebounds to the only CPU player in the box, from players stuttering and stammering like spastics.. Even one occasion where their striker was clean through, one on one I was expecting my keeper to come out but guess what? He's miraculously not there!!! On the replay he is revealed to be in the stands on the halfway line!

Cant remember how many joypads I've smashed in frustration. :DD

I've never felt cheated, just disappointed with the CPU's predictable play.
It seems to only score headers or rebounds.

Totally agree they cannot score a fair goal. parries to the only player in the box, every shot goes in, score every corner, its a good job im an attacking player and very good at finishing because id lose coz defensively im gung ho as well. rash tackles in aid of success haha.

having played in the match 'garrincha' is referring too yes Casillas appeared as one of the fans the lazy git probably celebrating the euro victory :) when he shud have been in net!!!

ciao!

Thats it, I've now retired from PES/ISS. Been playing since ISS Pro back in 1997 and I don't remember conceding ONE single goal that didn't involve CPU cheating! May sound like an exaggeration but it aint.

Their goals coming from my 95 speed player being outpaced by phil neville, from the keeper ALWAYS palming rebounds to the only CPU player in the box, from players stuttering and stammering like spastics.. Even one occasion where their striker was clean through, one on one I was expecting my keeper to come out but guess what? He's miraculously not there!!! On the replay he is revealed to be in the stands on the halfway line!

That's always been the case and happens in FIFA too, that's the poor AI in all footy titles, you live with it or you don't unfortunately... :((

Don't really know what your're moaning about. Never had a problem with it myself. I score plenty of rebounds myself aswel.

Maybe your just shit and need to practise your defending more?

never have that much of a problem with it but then thats why we have tactics and positional arrows to use

well i gotta be honest i do think theres the old mr nasty....HANDICAP. because i know be a CERTAIN fernando torres shud be smoking people like alan stubbs but for some reason stubbs always mows him for pace....in the ml whats the point in buying certain players to play a certain way when theres Handicap? no there isnt a point. arrows or no arrows theres handicap. also i noticed any time you have a chance of making a decent lookin pass it amazingly goes to the guy offside lol makes me chuckle in frustration.

also i hate how the COM ALWAYS regardless of team play negative. c'mon when do you see the barcelona's and arsenal's kickin it between there defence when there 1or2 down??? never.

jesus man, are you for real? you need to get out more.

when the cpu cheats me i swear i'm never playing this piece of pish ever again and guess what ??? ten minutes later i think to myself just one more game. been saying that since iss on the super nintendo and i don't think it will ever change.

The computer scores rebounds. Is this an outrage?

Are people seriously suggesting they, themselves, haven't scored rebounds?

Laughed out fúcking loud at this topic.

'Retiring' fucking hell, get you throwing the biggest hissyfit seen because the computer scored rebounds and Phil Neville out ran one of your players.

You need to realise, it's a game - get a life.

They score some nice goals sometimes but I know what you mean. The targeted deflections off the goalkeeper, strange referee decisions and deadly free kicks (where you are totally helpless) and corner kicks are 100% cheating but then I still like the game.

CPU cheats since pes 4,fuck it that is fact that you can't change...
as Liam said you need to realise it is a game,it will be never be like real football...

If its about controller smashing, its the most common thing when it comes to playing PES, last minute, CPU scores from a free-kick, smashed the controller out of frustration, came to my senses, calmed down and played again.....but whenever I play FIFA I've never felt the urge to smash my controller. o.O , not comparing them both, just a feeling of mine....

Btw, the condition arrow thingy has got to be more fair, since we can never see the CPU's player condition we'll never know if they have good conditioned players and bad ones. While we don't know if the CPU knows whether our player is in good condition or not.

OMG i thought it was just me! my ps3 controller is nearly split in 2! the game does cheat! you have the problem of when ur running after a ball it will change u to a player further away? or when u make a slide tackle it slides with the wrong player and they jog past him on the floor? and pace really means nothing on this game! i was carragher and kept up with etoo! And i swear it says ur offside and changes the replay 2 match!:censor:

hahaha oh this makes me laugh. All the points about the CPU cheating I get. Free Kicks and corners do my head in the most. I say before its taken its goin in...and it does lol

When I was playing as Celtic against Reading on PES5 Master League, we needed a point to get promoted on the last day of the season, and we were at 0-0 going into stoppage time, there was supposedly 2 mins of added time, but it went on for ages and ages, and then suddenly Kitson becomes superman, absolutely untackleable, he shoves Balde (who has high balance, is heavy and is 196cm) to the ground, flukily nutmegs Jarosik and then hammers in a curling shot into the far corner from about 25 yards :-ll Never seen the AI score a goal like that before. I've seen some bullshit AI cheating many times before, but none as blatant as that

So we just thought, if it's going to cheat us that badly then we will cheat it back by reloading :-pp.

Thought I'd come and see what people had to say after my "retirement".
Most people seem to agree, strange how all the ones disagreeing seem to support Everton, one of whom is now banned? Maybe they are just used to losing.

"Maybe your just shit and need to practise your defending more?"....er on average conceded less than 5 every 30 master league games.

"" 'Retiring' fucking hell, get you throwing the biggest hissyfit seen because the computer scored rebounds and Phil Neville out ran one of your players."....er I think you need to understand the phrase tongue in cheek, and try not to sound too gay..."Oooh, get her etc"

And yes I do realise its just a game, some of you need to realise tone and inflection are part of a sentence, try not to be too literal and simplistic.

The computer scores rebounds. Is this an outrage?

Are people seriously suggesting they, themselves, haven't scored rebounds?

Does it make the game better ? No it doesnt.
Cheap unrealistic goals(in this amount) on both sides, no fun.

edit:
thats what i said in some other thread, they cheat their game to look more dynamic and that more goals are scored...
its not physic wise its on their cheat parameters.

Last edited:
Does it make the game better ? No it doesnt.
Cheap unrealistic goals(in this amount) on both sides, no fun.

edit:
thats what i said in some other thread, they cheat their game to look more dynamic and that more goals are scored...
its not physic wise its on their cheat parameters.

chimps with quiffs and myself are releasing a gameplay stat tweaked file update which will hopefully address some of these problems,it will be out after the konami winter update

Nice to see someone actually trying to address the problem.

The main gripe I had was with the pace/speed attributes being meaningless (for your own team that is).

On previous versions you could set every players pace/speed to say 70 and then manually edit the fastest players in the world to 99 etc.

Back
Top Bottom