CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN, IF CW LEAVES I LEAVE

Dermot

Banned
13 August 2002
New York
Arsenal
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL "IF CW IS DEMOTED AS ADMIN I LEAVE EVO FOR GOOD" THREAD. SO FAR WE HAVE ONE MEMBER, WHICH CONSISTS OF ME, WHICH IS THE EQUIVALENT OF ABOUT 274 MEMBERS WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, AS I AM ONE OF EVO-WEBS GREATEST MEMBERS OF ALL TIME. PLEASE STATE YOUR INTENT HERE IF YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR GREAT LEADER, OUR SPIRITUAL FORCE, OUR GUIDING LIGHT ON THESE FORUMS, MR. CHRISTOPHER TERENCE WRIGHT, SON OF IOLANTHE WRIGHT III AND BELINDA WRIGHT OF THE GREAT CITY OF WHARTON, PREVIOUS OWNERS OF A SHOP IN FRECKLETOWN THAT THEY HAD TO SELL TO KEEP THE FAMILY ALIVE. THIS IS WRONG TO EVEN BEGIN THINKING ABOUT. ITS LIKE SAYING GODS POWERS ARE NO GOOD ANYMORE, WE'LL FIND OUR OWN WAY TO HEAVEN. ANYWAYS, LETS DRIVE THIS MESSAGE HOME, WE ARE NOT GONNA STAND FOR THE GREAT ONE TO LOSE HIS POST AT THE HELM. I EXPECT TO SEE MANY NAMES IN THIS THREAD, MANY GOOD NAMES.

Having personally met CW, I can confirm he's just as cool a guy offline as he appears on this forum.

CW has done a lot for this place and should take more credit and get more respect for the way he's being treated here.

In fact he's done an AWFUL lot I have to say. Obviously I don't see all of the behind-the-scenes stuff that Mart does but I DO see CW running the front-of-house extremely well and keeping the place in check. This is a disgrace :SHAKE:

I'm as shocked as the next man (or woman), but lets not go Mart bashing here, he does a great job and we are not privy to all the facts.
If it was April I'm sure we would all be thinking prank.
While not having the close and scarily physical love for Cdub as Dermot has, I for one would like to know more and will be sad to see a long serving guy like Chris thrown back into plebdom like us..

I don't think we're Mart bashing, but there has to be a really good reason to this because, from what I can see, nobody else has a problem with his conduct (in fact I'd imagine people admire his conduct and how he keeps the place in check) so this is just too weird.

I'd personally like to thank CW (and Tim7) for helping out in the "Club Threads" section and stopping all of the nonsense that was going on in there. Although the rules were a last resort I think, they've definately improved and there's a lot better feel to that place now.

Excellent conduct from what I can see :DOH:

One other point I'd like to make.

I originally signed up for this forum as I was a big PES fan. As time went on, that became a FIFA fan.

I haven't had FIFA for a good few months now, yet I still visit this forum daily. In fact I'm constantly logged in while I'm at work and if I'm online while at home, this site is always open in a tab. I don't come here for FIFA chat (though that will change when 09 is out) but I come here for the members, for the chat, the debate, the general community and feel of the place.

And CW is a big (main?) part of that, for me. I could've not bothered with this site after I sold FIFA but this place has remained interesting enough that I'm still here now.

CW is still going to be on the site. So quitting the site completely is a bit strong.

I don't know - I have heard what Mart and Tom has said in the other thread - but something must have happened behind the scenes. Because if it is because of anything he has done or said on the Forums - then there is no reason to just stop him from having any power on the site.

From everything CW has done and does on this site and obviously how much it means to him and being a founding member - I really can't contemplate what CW must have done to be treated like this?

Alot of stuff was brought up when I was part of an argument with others on this site. Some stuff may have been true - alot of stuff I think was not.

But I think since that all happened - CW has reacted to that positively and took some of what people said and tried to rectify it.

Thats the thing - if someone has a problem then you talk about it and try and remedy the situation.

Again I really do not know much - But it seems like he wasn't given a chance to put his case across and if there were problems to rectify them?

I haven't had FIFA for a good few months now, yet I still visit this forum daily. In fact I'm constantly logged in while I'm at work and if I'm online while at home, this site is always open in a tab. I don't come here for FIFA chat (though that will change when 09 is out) but I come here for the members, for the chat, the debate, the general community and feel of the place.
Agree 100%, everyone knows how much I am on the forums, and while I still play FIFA, I haven't played it in days, and sometimes can't even be bothered to check the Other Footy Games discussion, and go straight for the Off Topic/Entertainment/Technology and Chatbox. I really like the people on here, (mostly), and feel that there are some strong friendships which really do make this a nice place.

Agree 100%, everyone knows how much I am on the forums, and while I still play FIFA, I haven't played it in days, and sometimes can't even be bothered to check the Other Footy Games discussion, and go straight for the Off Topic/Entertainment/Technology and Chatbox. I really like the people on here, (mostly), and feel that there are some strong friendships which really do make this a nice place.

It is a part of my day as it is for a lot of people on here, I think maybe the fear is it becomes like a little intimidating for new members as there is such hard core club of regulars. I'm not too sure how you avoid that though.

We're hardly intimidating though are we!? It's not like as soon as a new member joins we all send them a PM to say fuck off, we've already got enough members here.

It is a part of my day as it is for a lot of people on here, I think maybe the fear is it becomes like a little intimidating for new members as there is such hard core club of regulars. I'm not too sure how you avoid that though.

:OT: that sounds like sky digital

rather offer new customers all these discount deals to get you as a customer and then dont give a damn about the already customers

i think if the real reasons came out on why the decision was made, it would highlight what a poor decision it really was

The deed has now been done, I am no longer an Admin on the site. It was fun while it lasted :))

Founder Member title it is... How does it feel like to not be able to access the admin panel Chris after such a long time :oooh:

Back
Top Bottom