CAN 2012

Artem

International
9 June 2010
St. Petersburg
Zenit SPb
Afrcian-Cup-of-Naions-2012-Logo.jpg

From January 21 to February 12, 2012 in Africa will be the main football event on this continent ... African Cup of Nations 2012 in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. This tournament involves 16 teams divided into 4 groups of 4 teams. 14 teams passed on the tournament through Qualification, and two teams (Gabon and Eq. Guinea) as the tournament hosts came to him directly. The tournament will be held at four stadiums in four different cities, on two of which are equally occur in Gabon and eq. Guinea. Each team will play in group three match, then the top two teams from each group, only 8, fall into the playoffs, where on the Olympic system and continue its participation in the tournament. Final will be held February 12 at Stade d'Angondjé in Gabon's capital Libreville.

Although this year and happened a few surprises (not getting to the tournament a Cameroon, Egypt, and the like), but I hope it will be as interesting as it was two years ago in Angola. I'll try and cover this event from beginning to end as I did with the Gold Cup 2011 and Copa America 2011. Below will be given the results, highlights, tables, descriptions of past games, in short all the same thing as I did before. I hope to illuminate all the matches of this colorful tournament.

Well, do not need another word and just watch this "celebration of life" in Africa, now it is safe to say that The African Cup of Nations 2012 in Gabon and Eq. Guinea has officially started! Happy viewing. :BEER:

Here are the compositions of the participating teams at the start of the tournament:

Squads:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

zambiafcon1302.jpg

ZAMBIA CHAMPION!!!

Group stage

Group A

22px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png
Zambia....................7
22px-Flag_of_Equatorial_Guinea.svg.png
Equatorial Guinea...6
22px-Flag_of_Libya.svg.png
Libya.......................4
22px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png
Senegal...................0

Group B

22px-Flag_of_Cote_d%27Ivoire.svg.png
Côte d'Ivoire...........9
22px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png
Sudan......................4
22px-Flag_of_Angola.svg.png
Angola.....................4
22px-Flag_of_Burkina_Faso.svg.png
Burkina Faso...........0

Group C

22px-Flag_of_Gabon.svg.png
Gabon......................9
22px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png
Tunisia.....................6
22px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png
Morocco...................3
22px-Flag_of_Niger.svg.png
Niger........................0

Group D

22px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
Ghana.......................7
22px-Flag_of_Mali.svg.png
Mali...........................6
22px-Flag_of_Guinea.svg.png
Guinea......................4
22px-Flag_of_Botswana.svg.png
Botswana..................0

Knockout phase

Quarterfinals

Zambia 3-0 Sudan

Goals: Sunzu 15'; C. Katongo 66'; Chamanga 86'

Côte d'Ivoire 3-0 Equatorial Guinea

Goals: Drogba 36', 69'; Y. Touré 81'

Gabon (4)1-1(5) Mali

Goals: Mouloungui 54' - Diabaté 85'

Penalties: Poko, Mbanangoyé, Mouloungui, Aubameyang, Manga - Diabaté, Yatabaré, Kanté, B. Traoré, Se. Keita

Ghana 2-1 Tunisia

Goals: John Mensah 9', A. Ayew 100' - Khelifa 41'

Semifinals

Zambia 1-0 Ghana

Goals: Mayuka 78'

Mali 0-1 Côte d'Ivoire

Goals: Gervinho 45'

FINAL

Zambia (8)0-0(7) Côte d'Ivoire

Goals: -

Penalties: C. Katongo, Mayuka, Chansa, F. Katongo, Mweene, Sinkala, Chisamba, Kalaba, Sunzu - Tioté, Bony, Bamba, Gradel, Drogba, Tiéné, Ya Konan, K. Touré, Gervinho

Third place match

Ghana 0-2 Mali

Goals: Diabaté 23', 80'

Medals

Zambia (1 title)
Côte d'Ivoire
Mali

Best Goalscorers of tournament:

22px-Flag_of_Angola.svg.png
Manucho......................................3
Didier Drogba..............................3
22px-Flag_of_Gabon.svg.png
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.....3
Cheick Diabaté............................3
22px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png
Houssine Kharja..........................3
Christopher Katongo...................3
Emmanuel Mayuka......................3

Awards

Player of the tournament:
Christopher Katongo
Top goalscorer of the competition:
Emmanuel Mayuka
Fair Player of the competition:
Jean-Jacques Gosso
Fair Play Trophy:
Côte d'Ivoire

:BYE::BYE::BYE:

Last edited:
Fixtures for Round 1:

Saturday, 21 January (Bata)

Equatorial Guinea 1-0 Libya

Senegal 1-2 Zambia

Sunday, 22 January (Malabo)

Côte d'Ivoire 1-0 Sudan

Burkina Faso 1-2 Angola

Monday, 23 January (Libreville)

Gabon 2-0 Niger

Morocco 1-2 Tunisia

Tuesday, 24 January (Franceville)

Ghana 1-0 Botswana

Mali 1-0 Guinea

;)

Last edited:
Me and my friends in a kickabout could play better quality stuff than this opening match.

Shit on a stick football.
But it's funny. :P

But seriously, this football is obtained only because of the rules of all major tournaments, when the host go to it without qualification, otherwise, how you think, team of Eq. Guinea could qualify? I think not. ;)

Last edited:
Senegal vs Zambia looking very lively Zambia pontentialy beating one of the favourts!

what channels is everyone watching the games on? i brought al jazeera sports card and shop man said he will add ch +9/10 but currently not active very disappointed as opening games had to watch on the net!!! :(

Last edited:
Goals Highlights

Equatorial Guinea
vs
Libya 1:0

YouTube - Equatorial Guinea vs Libya 1-0 All Goals & Full Match Highlights 21/01/2011 Africa Cup 2012

Senegal
vs
Zambia 1:2

YouTube - Senegal vs Zambia 1-2 All Goals & Full Match Highlights 21/01/2011 Africa Cup 2012

What channels is everyone watching the games on? i brought al jazeera sports card and shop man said he will add ch +9/10 but currently not active very disappointed as opening games had to watch on the net!!! :(
Eurospost. They show a one match live, and the other in recording. ;)

Last edited:
This win must mean a lot to Zambia.
When the plan crashed and they lost almost an entire team they where flying to a match against Senegal and the plane crashed less than 100 km's from where this match was played. Very emotional match for Zambia. Bad start for Senegal who IMO were among the favourites.

Senegal vs Zambia looking very lively Zambia pontentialy beating one of the favourts!

what channels is everyone watching the games on? i brought al jazeera sports card and shop man said he will add ch +9/10 but currently not active very disappointed as opening games had to watch on the net!!! :(

I watched on Eurosport UK here in Britain.

Fixtures for Round 2:

Wednesday, 25 January (Bata)

Libya 2-2 Zambia

Equatorial Guinea 2-1 Senegal

Thursday, 26 January (Malabo)

Sudan 2-2 Angola

Côte d'Ivoire 2-0 Burkina Faso

Friday, 27 January (Libreville)

Niger 1-2 Tunisia

Gabon 3-2 Morocco

Saturday, 28 January (Franceville)

Botswana 1-6 Guinea

Ghana 2-0 Mali

Last edited:
Goals Highlights

Libya
vs
Zambia 2:2

YouTube - Libya vs Zambia 2-2 All goals & Highlights

Equatorial Guinea
vs
Senegal 2:1

YouTube - Equatorial Guinea vs Senegal 2-1 Can 2012.rmvb

Great games were yesterday, finally at the African Cup began true football. The second match was a real gift and general sensation of the tournament. After beating Senegal Guineans have just secured a place in the quarterfinals, well done guys, now you're just heroes of his country. I hope today's matches will be as interesting and vibrant. ;)

Youssef Msakni has to be in Europe this summer ..
two great quasi-Maradonesque goals ..
he's the best in Tunisia , he's young talented, and this season he have gained confidence and spirit of leadership ..

thank you artem for this great topic..
i don't care about this cup this year because egypt isn't there and now every teams can be champions
but i watch a few matches,specially for tunisia,morocco and sudan
and i think this cup will be for tunisia or morocco or ghana. why not Sudan or Gabon? :D

thank you artem for this great topic..
i don't care about this cup this year because egypt isn't there and now every teams can be champions
but i watch a few matches,specially for tunisia,morocco and sudan
and i think this cup will be for tunisia or morocco or ghana. why not Sudan or Gabon? :D
Thanks you mate! :) Yes, indeed, without Egypt this tournament can win almost any team, but did not become more interesting to observe such an unpredictable tournament? I think it's very interesting. After all, before all the weak teams (unless of course there can be called a weak one) flew another group stage, as they beat out teams such as Egypt, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire or Nigeria, but now they have a chance to show off, and it very and very good. Thus chance has benefited by owners, who also knock out one of the favorites of the tournament, Senegal. Now they are heroes at homeland, it's amazing, but it could not happen if such a tournament attended by more than the strongest teams. I hope there will be more a such of results, and this is very interesting, but also points out that the football on the continent begins to level off a bit, it is also very good. So C'mon mate, of course sorry that your team of Egypt not play here, but I think that at this tournament will happen still quite a few wonderful surprises, for which you can to see matches this Cup, that certainly remarkable event. Good luck! ;)

Youssef Msakni has to be in Europe this summer ..
two great quasi-Maradonesque goals ..
he's the best in Tunisia , he's young talented, and this season he have gained confidence and spirit of leadership ..
Certainly it would be a great player, you really are lucky that you have such a player. I hope it will notice the scouts from some top European club because his potential is really high. Good luck to him and Tunisia team. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom