bugs that should be fixed on the next patch

Valmighty

Conference
16 September 2007
1. unlike previous PES, when you try to save opponent's ball from being out of field, but you fail, the throw-ins/goalkicks/cornerkicks are always against you (should be your ball, but it's not)
2. sliding GK, it's very annoying
3. people retiring early from ML when they don't have any club, AND come back in the next season as young/youth player. i had tevez retiring at 26 yo, then he came back in the next season as 20 yo tevez.

anyone care to add?

ps: no stupid argument here i.e: the referees cheat, etc.

Well, I was going to mention the referees. Not saying they cheat, but they are far too lenient and some sickening tackles go unpunished (mainly from me). I don't know if it's something Konami can patch or not, but more realistic refs would be most welcome.

Also, the advantage rule. Does it exist?

1. unlike previous PES, when you try to save opponent's ball from being out of field, but you fail, the throw-ins/goalkicks/cornerkicks are always against you (should be your ball, but it's not)
this is awful, every time they take wrong decision... :CRY:

Also, the advantage rule. Does it exist?

Often referees don't manage right the advantage rule, especially in case of a yellow/red card... even if they gave advantage, at the end of the action the ref don't give the yellow/red card... it's very frustating IMO :SHOCK:

sorry for my bad english, I hope that you'll understand what I've written :WORSHIP:

How about the game freezing at when the teams are in the tunnel, then having to reset your ps3 hence forfeiting the game 3-0.

Happened me a couple of times against Stoke, playing as Man U in Master League.

Maybe just me that has this glitch.

Maybe also making the CPU less of a cheating bastard on Top Player...this is as bad as its ever been, I now can predict a CPU goal a good 30 seconds before it happens.

Also all of the above.

ML
1. Every player in my team has been bid on. Even players who have played no games
2. Unrealistic transfers. Seen to many to mention really.
3. Some of my players take the huff if they get dropped for a single game. Likewise, some of my players are always on grey.
4. You can talk to players and agree deals outside the transfer windows. Isn't that tapping up?
5. You can't offer better terms if your player puts his contract offer on hold which potentially leaves him open to go to another club. Why can't *I* decide how much I want to offer him??
6. Player valuations are too low (no, i'm not talking about salary). Why are they nowhere near the actual money you'll pay? It defeats the purpose of a player valuation.
7. Some teams don't appear to enter the cup in an 18 team league.
8. The scout plays too big a role in transfers. Whats wrong with putting in a bid of £4,000,000 and seeing where that takes the deal? instead you have to wait an age on the scout only to be given a value which the team wants. Takes the charm right out of it.
9. Can't edit kits for ml only.
10. Midweek cup games are sometimes played during the day.
11. When playing 2 player ML, it doesn't save your controller settings.
12. Can't sign national team players who don't have a club like Ribery, Toni, etc.
13. Bizarre team selection by opposition managers.
14. Some text based errors in the news section. "UK Cup defeat all the odds to reach the Arsenal final"
15. Some Players develop way too quick. I had players who weren't even playing on full experience points. They went up by an overall of 11 after one seson. I've also seen an 18 year old start at 60 and be 91 after 2 seasons.
16. You can cheat during August by putting your scout up to level 5, getting his reports and exploiting his ability to do deals quickly then before september starts you just put him down to the cheapest again and never pay the £5 million.

Edit mode
17. Players have disappeared in my edit team option leaving holes in the first team. It just shows a blank space.
18. The acceleration stat explanation is spelt wrong
19. The explanation for the Repsonse stat is what the acceleration stat should be

General gameplay.
20. Ref's don't appear to acknowledge tackles from behind by the com, especially in the box while punishing fairly won player tackles.
21. Major computer auto slide bug -----> YouTube - MAJOR PES 2010 Auto slide bug
22. Gk A.i needs fixed. I've seen, on more than one occassion, the keepers palm the ball into the air and watch as it drops into the net.
23. Attacking a.i needs fixed as it's Brazil in it's own half and a poor pub team in your half.
24. Problems with offside decisions. My player was running up screen, the com slides in when my player had taken a huge touch, and plays the ball to my attacker. This was somehow given as offside, even though it was an opposition player that played the ball cleanly
25. Game occasionally crashes when the teams are entering the field
26. Players switching is flawed. It often chooses a player nowhere near the one you want to control. Also, my brother crossed the ball in on a plate for me to easily tap in but bizarrely the com switched my control to another player despite me being on fully manual and not pressing L1.
27. Cup final in ML was played in my home stadium, Bristol Mary. Is it too much to ask for the com to work out a neutral venue?
28. Early crosses are way too effective. Against the com all you need is a 4-3-3, then get the ball out wide about half way into the oppostion half and press L1+O. The ball nearly always curls in perfectly behind the last defender for your attacker to nod home with ease.

ML
4. You can talk to players and agree deals outside the transfer windows. Isn't that tapping up?

No, you can negotiate a transfer with the players club, but it can not go through until the window is open.

Tapping up is offering a player a contract and promise of a first team spot, WITHOUT any communication with the club.

And let manual passing BE MANUAL PASSING! The CPU should never ever switch player for me! b
totally agree!! manual passing here is not manual, sucks, not mention the R3 pressing that now is keeper button. i prefer right analog + R3 to do manual passes.

and i totally miss manual cursor change. now there are only semi assisted (which assist me too damn far, change player that i don't want to change) and unassisted which is useless to me. why would i want to play a player if that player already pass the ball to some other player...

oh 1 more thing about cursor change, while defending, changing cursor in opponent area always change to the more backward player. but when i chase opponent striker close to my box, the cursor can't get change directly to my defender that is more backward. it always changes to someone else

Last edited:
  • I've only seen one penalty from open play in over 200 games.
  • Saving lineups, strategies etc doesn't work.
  • There are only 64 chants spaces!

1. Saving lineups doesn't work.
2. LT+RT doesn't work (team balance, defense) (On PC)
3. Natioanl players without team on the ML aren't FA. They reborn like young players..

yes that's annoying when you take the same team, but it's good when you take another team then it doesn't move all the players around

The penalty system should be changed and the passing needs some fine tuning (as worse as the last version)

The only things I want fixing are the formations and language glitches. I save my preferred language, but it defaults back to English when I restart my xbox. It doesn't load along with my other saves.

That's all. I'm a pretty satisfied customer other than that.

LT+ RT ??

u mean the team balance blue to red.. ?
its workin on pc
whit my xbox360 pad its not workin when u set it to directX, need to set it to Xinput in settings.exe

damn konami, what do they do everyday for living?
ALL the bugs haven't been fixed in 1.02 including the INFAMOUS formation-not-saved glitch
The only things I want fixing are the formations and language glitches. I save my preferred language, but it defaults back to English when I restart my xbox. It doesn't load along with my other saves.

That's all. I'm a pretty satisfied customer other than that.
language glitch has been there from PES2009. really, the game testers (and probably the whole team) are paid for nothing

All the things you guys said is true and are glaring. The thing though that truly makes the experience subpar is that EVRERY FREAKING team vs CPU plays like Barca. I was playing an Italia Cup game with Napoli vs a D2 team full of scrubs and they were stringing inch-perfect passes by the dozen. I counted one time where they literally completed 42 passes in a row ending with a perfect cross and a GK save for a corner. I'm pretty good at video games and could not get the ball back at times unless I fouled.

When Barca or Brazil does that, it's beautiful soccer. When a D2 team does that on a video game, it's complete BS!! I'm also sick (as I am on every PES iteration) of the old stat line of 16 shots for me vs 3 shots for my opponent and I lose 2-1 or 3-2 or something similar. Once a season losing a game like this is realistic. Every other game, get real.

Does Konami actually play the game prior to release? If they do, don't these things seem just a bit odd to them??

the horrible brazilian bobble where it always shoots off your foot to an opposing attacker!

and what's with the constant late responsiveness of the pass button?

Definately agree! Awful stuff.

Also changing direction is almost impossible now, mainly on the flanks. Sometimes I try and pass and because of the late response, feel the need to attempt the same pass again which somehow ends up with my player doing some sort of retarded fake pass and I usually end up being tackled by the time my player has figured out how to pass a ball.

Easy patches Konami should do.

Formations

1. Save, Load and edit formations while on-line.
2. Increase number of formations per save. Why is it only 3, the number has been decreasing since PES 2008.
3. Attack Level Card info in tactics should be saved with the formations as all players have Attack Level Card.
4. Other card info is also saved with formations. If you use the formation on the original team then all the card info is also copied over.
5. Player selection is also saved with the formation. If you use the formation on the original team then all the player positions are copied over.

Lag

1. If one of the users has a red bar for more than 20 seconds then the game is cancelled with the red bar losing the game.
2. If both have red bars the game is cancelled with no one losing a game.
3. Average lag and the last 5/10 game lag information should be saved with users so people can see how much lag each user had in the game.
4. Lag information should include separate lag info for for both halves.
5. The user should have an option of viewing the value of the lag during the game.
6. Banned list. Just like friend list the user can add other users to a banned list.

On line Games

1. Bonus points for using weaker teams against stronger teams.
2. Users using stronger teams would get less points in a win and lose more in a loss/Draw to a lesser team.
3. Users using weaker teams would get more points in a win/draw and lose less in when playing against a stronger team.
4. The bigger the difference between teams the more points are won and lost.
5. The game will tell you before the game how much you would win lose or draw in a game.
6. All teams should have a ranking so people can see which team is stronger.
7. Each user will have a top 5 of teams they have used and played against.

Misc

1. Sort out the lens flair on the right hand said of the pitch.
2. Should have an option of selecting the volume of menu clicks as even when you set everything low the button clicks are too loud.
3. Have an option of bringing back manual crossing on the left stick.
4. Sort out the goalies , or just copy the one form the PS2 version.
5. Sort out the passing. or just copy the one from the PS2 version.
6. Through ball, slow motion bug. Your receiving players run in slow motion even backwards when you do a through ball.
7. Last of all sort out the ref as they don't seem to know what a foul is.

- Fix the throw ins, its a shambles in its current state, never seen such situations happen throughout a game in real life.

- Slow down the pace of the ball.

- Sort out the fouls or lack there of.

- Make the Champions League playable online.

- Patch Lawrenson out of the game.

- Get rid of the ridiculous 64 track limit for the Konami_PES XMB playlist, there should be no limit.

lol who are you guys writing this for ? konami doesn't care
when people stop buying the game ... THEN they will care

Back
Top Bottom