BlueChampion's PES 2010 Revolution Update v2 - Download here!

bluchampblogger

League 2
6 June 2009
After the successful (it was, right?) launch of Revolution Update v1, here comes the v2 of my Gameplay Realism Option File.

The objective of the file is to make the game flow in a very realistic manner in terms of the pace and also the attack/defence balance. Earlier, I was under the impression that the top speed and dribble speed values have to be tweaked to make the game run at a slower/realistic pace. I stand corrected. That's NOT the way to do it. I think I have found the magic formula. Read on.

After several testing matches in exhibition mode, I've come to a conclusion that the reduction of AGGRESSION value is what makes the game play at a realistic pace. This is the most organic way of achieving this result. This would mean that if there is space to be exploited, your players would still have their dribble speed to blitz through. This was not possible when slowing down the game by reducing top speed/dribble speed.

Aggression as I understand (I have he piggyback guide for PES 2009 so trust me!) is the attribute that determines how quickly and how likely a player joins the attack. When someone has an aggression rating in the 80s what happens is, whenever his team mate gets the ball, this player starts making his run. Because he is making his run, you feed him with the ball. And this happens as a chain across the pitch. Now you know why the game runs at breakneck speed. It's not about the physical attribute of top speed or the technical attribute of dribble speed. It's all about the mental/tactical attribute of aggression. When you apply this option file, you'd know it by yourself.

Apart from the aggression, the other value that paces the game is the SHORT PASS SPEED. The sooner the ball travels the faster the game moves. I have reduced the short passing speed so that the ball moves a bit slowly and also opens up the possibility of interceptions and also gives you bit more time to think on the next move while your player is receiving the ball. Some times, I also resort to long passes because, it's may not always be successful when you try to make a 40 yard pass.

I have reduced aggression by 15 points and short pass speed by 10 points. While reducing aggression, I've ensured that the minimum aggression for any player is NOT less than 50 points, to keep the game exciting. For instance, if someone has a default aggression value of 60, I have brought it down to 50 and not 45. Similarly, while reducing the short pass speed by 10 points, I have ensured that every player has a short passing speed values NOT less than 66. For instance, if someone has a default short pass speed value of 70, I have adjusted the value to 66 and not 60. That's because, any short pass speed value below 66 makes the ball wobble quite a lot as it travels. That's looks odd, ugly and affects the flow of the game. Though I have gone about make the minus 15 points and minus 10 points for aggression and short pass speed respectively, I have also made several arbitrary changes as I see fit.

Assisted settings tweak: For all the teams considered for v2, I have adjusted three settings in the ASSISTED settings. Firstly, the lineup selection for all these teams have been set to 'by form and ability' so that you don't play against Barcelona in a final only to see Messi, Ibrahimovic, Xavi and Iniesta are not playing in the final. The 'change auto form' is set to 1 or YES which means the AI opponent will keep changing its formation depending on the match situation. Finally, the attack/defence balance has been set to 3 so that there is a balance between attack and defence.

I have also increased the FORM attribute in player ability values for many players. This is the attribute that determines the consistency of players to maintain the form across a tournament. It's unbelievable that some of the top players' form value is so low. That's what make them sit out for every other match. With this tweak, now you'll see your top players being able to sustain their form and not showing the 'down arrow' just one day after showing you the 'up arrow'.

Warning: Please back up your option file. All I do is to edit the option file player values for realistic football experience. I have no idea around what these option files do to your kits and game saves. So, please do your back up. And, I really hope this works for you. I don't play master league or become a legend so I wouldn't know how ML/BAL would be affected by game tweaks. Anyone with experience can please help the ML/BAL-related queries.

I have done the editing for the below teams:

Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Man City
Tottenham
Inter
Milan
Juventus
Fiorentina
Roma
Sampdoria
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Valencia
Sevilla
Atletico Madrid
Villareal
Lyon
Marseille
Bayern Munich

P.S: This file is WORLD CUP ready, as in, tweaks have been made for aggression and short pass speed wherever necessary for the world cup teams.

Unless there is a need for further gameplay tweaks, I'm not planning to bring out v3. Please don't ask me to do this for more teams. I've explained you the method. So, if it's for a few teams, it's fairly easy for you to do it yourself. Meanwhile, I really hope that Konami sees these threads and release a gameplay patch very soon. And, I truly truly pray to God that Konami gives us a in-game global editor and save all the editing time.

DONWLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF THE OPTION FILE FROM HERE. I've overwritten the file that I originally uploaded.

Please provide your feedbacks in this thread. I'm very curious to know how this works out for you. Cheers!

Last edited:
Fisrtly i had a cannot load edit data as older version error, i downloaded the Konami update and copied the OF onto my HD again. I hope thats the right way to do it.

Are you sure it's world cup ready? I played England v USA yesterday and all the USA player names were wrong i.e Guzan is called Goran but is called Guzan at villa. Why is that i thought if you edited the league player it also changed the international one.
The gameplay was also no different to the origional perhaps worse, couldn't tell.
I have to admit i'm not keen on the new version, i preferred V1 thats not a critic just my preference.

Fisrtly i had a cannot load edit data as older version error, i downloaded the Konami update and copied the OF onto my HD again. I hope thats the right way to do it.

Are you sure it's world cup ready? I played England v USA yesterday and all the USA player names were wrong i.e Guzan is called Goran but is called Guzan at villa. Why is that i thought if you edited the league player it also changed the international one.
The gameplay was also no different to the origional perhaps worse, couldn't tell.
I have to admit i'm not keen on the new version, i preferred V1 thats not a critic just my preference.

Thanks for the feedback mate. When I said 'world cup ready', I referred to the readiness of the stats and not the squad or kits. Btw, how do you think did the game flow?

Thanks for the feedback mate. When I said 'world cup ready', I referred to the readiness of the stats and not the squad or kits. Btw, how do you think did the game flow?

The flow varied depending on who i was playing with, when i played Man Utd vs Chelsea it was much improved however when i played a world cup Eng v USA the game was completely different, the players ball control was not the same, the ball was bobbling about off their shins and they were also very easy to push of the ball. The crosses were extremely fast and the pace of the game was alot faster than the Man utd game. I understand the USA players aren't they same quality as Man utd/Chelsea but it was happening to me as England aswell, the whole game fealt different. I havent played that many games with the new v2 but i still think i prefered the v1 it was a better more realistic experience. I will try some more games it may just be me getting used to v2 but the England game was definetly very different.

I struggle to see why the National team players havent changed aswell. Or have they? if so why the difference in gameplay?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom