Battlefield 2042 [All Platforms]

If you search for an mix off arcade and realism I can recommend you Insurgency Sandstorm. It is more realistic then BF 2042 and more arcade then HLL.
And - if you are looking for small maps, Call of Duty style, but realistic weapons, vehicles and damage - try Enlisted. Its Free to play also, coz its in open Beta stage.

And - if you are looking for small maps, Call of Duty style, but realistic weapons, vehicles and damage - try Enlisted. Its Free to play also, coz its in open Beta stage.

I wouldn't recommend Enlisted..
I tried it and was just not very good at all.

Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum are the best games available like BF.

I wouldn't recommend Enlisted..
I tried it and was just not very good at all.

Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum are the best games available like BF.
Not to go off topic, but I have a mate who waits for ng console to play HLL and he loves enlisted.
I never played it, so cant really tell..

Not to go off topic, but I have a mate who waits for ng console to play HLL and he loves enlisted.
I never played it, so cant really tell..

If it wasn't for HLL and Post Scriptum then Enlisted would probably be pretty good.
Just there are games similar and better.

Hows this game compared to previous BF? didnt really get into BF5, really liked BF1 and the two befor ethat (didnt play hardline).
Im actually not looking for som hardcore simulation, just a mix arcade/realistic. Should I just install BF4/BF1 and keep Titanfall 2?

Tried Halo, but I dont know.. hasnt really grasped me.
I am having tons of fun playing it for 5 days straight. In a squad with communication it’s really worthwhile.
sure some Fortnite- or COD-esqe moments, bugs and very little content are in but that doesn’t stop me from having fun with the guys. :D
plus Portal, wich brings back awesome memories and awesome maps and is still a lot of fun to play.

i am also well aware that this is a pre version I’m currently playing. (A pretty huge) day one patch is coming this Friday.

Last edited:
I am having tons of fun playing it for 5 days straight. In a squad with communication it’s really worthwhile.
sure some Fortnite- or COD-esqe moments, bugs and very little content are in but that doesn’t stop me from having fun with the guys. :D
plus Portal, wich brings back awesome memories and awesome maps and is still a lot of fun to play.

i am also well aware that this is a pre version I’m currently playing. (A pretty huge) day one patch is coming this Friday.
Yeah I'm really enjoying it too. I'd compare it to BF4.

That looks pretty cool. How would you rate it vs previous BFs?
It’s still early days… let’s wait for the day one patch this weekend and another week. :)
It’s just fun to play at the moment. I like the return of a the modern setting and the inclusion of the old stuff in Portal!

edit:

Last edited:
Finally got round to playing it yesterday.

The final version of the game certainly plays a lot better than the BETA, which on PC must of been running about 15FPS.

Tried a one of the modes and the Portal to play Battle of the Bulge.

It is just so disappointing to see BF go completely down the toilet.
There is no strategy involved and just a case of run and gun - Hope for the best - Teamwork just doesn't exist on the game anymore.
Tanks are overpowered and just take any remote bit of fun out the game.
There is also way too many help tips over the screen, you can't lean - This is the worse thing about FPS games becoming popular on consoles, removing the ability to learn round walls because there isn't a button for it on a controller.

I will wait for a few gameplay balance patches to become available before playing again.
But BF has become a very very sad state - So glad I didn't pay for it and it was free as part of EA Play Pro.

you can't lean - This is the worse thing about FPS games becoming popular on consoles, removing the ability to learn round walls because there isn't a button for it on a controller.
What do you mean by that?
Did you mean there isnt any button to lean around the walls?
In Battlefield or FPS in general?

What do you mean by that?
Did you mean there isnt any button to lean around the walls?
In Battlefield or FPS in general?

When you press Q and E to lean round walls so you don't have to run out from behind the wall, so you only show a small part of your body and not the whole body.

It has been a bug bear for me for quite a few years, mainly on games which are released on PC and console.
Games like HLL, PUBG and Escape from Tarkov which were all PC exclusives before being released on console all have the ability.

I am basically complaining about nothing, but it is still something that annoys the hell out of me.

When you press Q and E to lean round walls so you don't have to run out from behind the wall, so you only show a small part of your body and not the whole body.

It has been a bug bear for me for quite a few years, mainly on games which are released on PC and console.
Games like HLL, PUBG and Escape from Tarkov which were all PC exclusives before being released on console all have the ability.

I am basically complaining about nothing, but it is still something that annoys the hell out of me.
Yeah I know what you meant by leaning round covers.
Was just wondering about "no button on the console for it" part.
Coz like you said - they can easily implement it if they want, as L1/R1 are working well for leaning.

Yeah I know what you meant by leaning round covers.
Was just wondering about "no button on the console for it" part.
Coz like you said - they can easily implement it if they want, as L1/R1 are working well for leaning.

It is just lazy programming at the end of the day and not having to make additional animations.
But there have been quite a few FPS games over the years where your can't lean on PC.

It just seems the ones built for the masses don't have it, and only indie PC games do these days, there are other ways to implement it.
COD allows you to mount a gun on a window for instance so your not stood in the middle of the window to take a shot.

Yes, you pointed it out very well @bsmaff. It's very important thing in terms of SIM.
If in real life battle, who would keep shooting with his whole body exposed, unless he/she encounters a urgent situation.

Finally got round to playing it yesterday.

The final version of the game certainly plays a lot better than the BETA, which on PC must of been running about 15FPS.

Tried a one of the modes and the Portal to play Battle of the Bulge.

It is just so disappointing to see BF go completely down the toilet.
There is no strategy involved and just a case of run and gun - Hope for the best - Teamwork just doesn't exist on the game anymore.
Tanks are overpowered and just take any remote bit of fun out the game.
There is also way too many help tips over the screen, you can't lean - This is the worse thing about FPS games becoming popular on consoles, removing the ability to learn round walls because there isn't a button for it on a controller.

I will wait for a few gameplay balance patches to become available before playing again.
But BF has become a very very sad state - So glad I didn't pay for it and it was free as part of EA Play Pro.
Fair points mate!
there is a lot of stuff missing, you just named a few. I know u know. There is hope this game will be one of the best soon, when it’s best feature is used. The possibility to alter games values on the fly without a client patch.
man, i just hope it’s evolving into something really big, BF style!

meanwhile, I enjoy some rounds with the mates.

Last edited:
Fair points mate!
there is a lot of stuff missing, you just named a few. I know u know. There is hope this game will be one of the best soon, when it’s best feature is used. The possibility to alter games values on the fly without a client patch.
man, i just hope it’s evolving into something really big, BF style!

meanwhile, I enjoy some rounds with the mates.

That's the problem though, it is quite fun with mates...
Playing Monopoly is probably fun with mates.

IMO, I think I would enjoy the game more if on some maps you could disable vehicles.

20220108_131636.jpg
Did Konami people started working for DICE..?
Swear to god - whole internet is so negative and toxic...

Back
Top Bottom