Anybody else flippin' excited?! D2 Resurrected!

Oh the nostalgia! This game started me on PC gaming back when the original came out. One of my all-time favorite games. GET IN!

I'm actually a bit excited for D4 so don't know how this compares if I enjoyed D3 (mostly bc I played casually but understand that ppl hated it bc D2 was more "complex"). This post made me re-download D3 and have been enjoying it. My build sucks but its just such a laid back game.

I couldn't really get into PoE but seems ppl who liked D2 say this was better than D3. I'll keep an eye out for this though. Let me know how they compare and your thoughts on D3 as a fan of D2

I'm actually a bit excited for D4 so don't know how this compares if I enjoyed D3 (mostly bc I played casually but understand that ppl hated it bc D2 was more "complex"). This post made me re-download D3 and have been enjoying it. My build sucks but its just such a laid back game.

I couldn't really get into PoE but seems ppl who liked D2 say this was better than D3. I'll keep an eye out for this though. Let me know how they compare and your thoughts on D3 as a fan of D2
I was a die hard fan of Diablo (Sierra) + Hellfire expansion and of course Diablo II by Blizzard.

For Diablo II remastered, my first opinion is that is a cheasy marketing move. If it can implement modern day quality of life improvements, I find it good, but nothing more. I mean after 19nuears, the game is a finished article, at least for me. I will buy it out of nostalgia and that's all.

As for Diablo III. To be honest I was hyped waiting for Diablo III for more than 10 years. So when it was released, after reading the early very disappointimg reviews I never played it myself. I felt so betrayed, that I only watched other people play through on YouTube.
But to be fair, this year's production period, I think was what hired the game, it was not as bad as received. But if we put down the timelime, Diablo III came 10 years ago (approx) and Diablo II was 10 years before the latter.

I mean that the gaming scene of today 2020, is similar enough to 2010, not many things have changed. While scene of 2000 in comparison to 2010 is a total different division. A golden era that passed with many revolutions.

I hope I am clear what I mean, it is the same analogy that says, Cleopatra of Egypt was chronologically closer to the first man on the moon, than to Ancient Egyptians that did build the pyramids.

The irony is, by today's standards, DLC fixes, half arsed/unfinishedb game releases, Diablo III release would be considered OKish :)

For Diablo II remastered, my first opinion is that is a cheasy marketing move. If it can implement modern day quality of life improvements, I find it good, but nothing more. I mean after 19nuears, the game is a finished article, at least for me. I will buy it out of nostalgia and that's all.

As for Diablo III. To be honest I was hyped waiting for Diablo III for more than 10 years. So when it was released, after reading the early very disappointimg reviews I never played it myself.

From what I read they are making very little changes and very small quality of life improvements, such as the stash. But they stated they want tk keepnit as skmilar as the original even with all its quirks.
You are not interested in D3? It can be found cheap and for me its just mindless tapping away which surprisingly is calming. I also think the expansion improved the original release. I just wonder id D2 would appeal to me as what I like of D3 is how accesible it was. Its a fun game for short burst periods

From what I read they are making very little changes and very small quality of life improvements, such as the stash. But they stated they want tk keepnit as skmilar as the original even with all its quirks.
You are not interested in D3? It can be found cheap and for me its just mindless tapping away which surprisingly is calming. I also think the expansion improved the original release. I just wonder id D2 would appeal to me as what I like of D3 is how accesible it was. Its a fun game for short burst periods
To place it better,i am interested but not hyped. I lost the crazy passion i had , waiting for the game from 2001 to 2012. I mean if you could time travel and tell my past self in 2001, that DIablo III released in 2012 and until today 2021 , i have not bothered to played it , i would say, you are crazy.

But to be fair, i am "interested" to buy it for Nintendo Switch, although i am pretty sure it will have the edgy let-downs all multiplatfom games have on Switch. I want mainly play it , to know the new lore.

As for the ontopic, i am ready again, to give an other run to DII , with my Necromancer!!! :P

I am really curious, how the hardcore Diablo II community will react. AFAIK they are still playing online , with workaround servers, (or not), TCP/IP , etc. Will they move on to the remastered platform, or they will stick to the original.!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom