Any higher difficulty than Top Player?

Daisuk

Yiddo
22 October 2002
Oslo
Tottenham Hotspur
I haven't played PES for a couple of years until this installment, and can't really remember if Top Player is as high as you can go difficulty wise. Can you unlock a harder difficulty, or is this as hard as it gets? I tend to crush most opponents fairly easy with an average ML team offline, and online it lags far too much for me for some reason, so the joy of the game is somewhat gone after under a month. I tried starting a new league with a shit team (Lecce), but didn't really feel it.

Is it possible to unlock a harder difficulty? Anyone else finding Top Player far too easy?

Been playing Pro for the past month or so since the demos came on and just started playing top player this week. So far as I can see there seems to be a little less space other than that I can't detect any difference. Is defender pressure about the only difference between the top two difficulty levels? BTW the more I play the better this game gets. Other than the occasional switch problem my only complaint is the quality of the graphics night games as opposed to the daytime matches. Shooting is starting to come together for me. What a game.:WORSHIP:

I'm not really implying that I'm "too good", I don't think I am, I haven't ever mastered the highest difficulty on a PES game like this before, I just think you can dominate the socalled "hard games" too easily. I met the team in second place away and thought to myself, "this is going to be tough", and I even conceded an early goal to go 1-0 down, but instead of making it tough for me, they let me just walk all over them and won 4-1, could easily have been 6 or 7 if I had scored more of my chances. It just seems a bit to easy to push the opponent off the ball, in my opinion.

Oh, and, I would love to play online, but I think there's something wrong with my internet connection, because it lags far too much for it to be enjoyable. Don't get me wrong though, I really love this game, just wished it was a bit tougher when playing offline.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you, including laggy online play. I do however find myself going on poor streaks and get the occassional weird result, so I find the overall experience to be exciting enough to keep playing. Sometimes I smash the AI even when that shouldn't be happening, ie beating Inter 5-0 with Palermo in league mode but then find myself losing the next game 3-1 at Bari...

All in all I do feel Top Player could be a bit harder but I just enjoy this game for what it is, a fantastic experience especially when you're on the ball (defending needs improvement imo) and despite the fact I'd like more of a challenge sometimes, it doesn't get in the way of me enjoying a great passing move or spectacular goal.

I take it both of you are on the PS3?

If so, check out Chimps with Quiffs and goalgerd's OF when it gets released. They edit the attributes in the game to make the gameplay a lot a harder and more realistic. I found Top Player quite tough on 2010 with their OF and I'm sure this year's will be the same.

Yeah I'm on PS3, I'll keep an eye out for that file. I hope to God it gets converted to Bles21 some day.

I do find it's fairly easy to keep possession on top player and when i play like that i can normally win fairly easily. When i lose on top player i almost always beat myself, by not concentrating or by being impatient.

So i agree that in a way top player is a little too easy for it to be the hardest difficult setting. I'm no PES master myself so there must be other people who feel the same.

Having said that, it is hard to be consistent over a MAster League season so it is fairly realistic. Regardless, it's still shit hot anyway.

I take it both of you are on the PS3?

If so, check out Chimps with Quiffs and goalgerd's OF when it gets released. They edit the attributes in the game to make the gameplay a lot a harder and more realistic. I found Top Player quite tough on 2010 with their OF and I'm sure this year's will be the same.

That sounds interesting! I'm on BLES21 myself though, so hope it works for that too. I remember when someone went out and edited the stats on PES6, it became miles better than the original.

I am still enjoying the game too, it just takes away a bit of the joy that winning and dominating nearly every game is so easy.

Top player is a decent challenge if you look solely at the scorelines at the the end of the game. It's just that when you do lose and do so by losing 2-1 or something to the CPU you'll often dominate that game's possession and have better chances but they'll score from a cross (if you can't defend which i have realised some find difficult) or constant through balls where your defence is static. 9/10 goals by the CPU against me are the latter.

It's just not a very satisfying challenge because of that.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you, including laggy online play. I do however find myself going on poor streaks and get the occassional weird result, so I find the overall experience to be exciting enough to keep playing. Sometimes I smash the AI even when that shouldn't be happening, ie beating Inter 5-0 with Palermo in league mode but then find myself losing the next game 3-1 at Bari...

All in all I do feel Top Player could be a bit harder but I just enjoy this game for what it is, a fantastic experience especially when you're on the ball (defending needs improvement imo) and despite the fact I'd like more of a challenge sometimes, it doesn't get in the way of me enjoying a great passing move or spectacular goal.

hmmm I beat Inter very easily 2-0 with Atletico in this master league I'm playing on! Maybe their formation is fucked too :CONFUSE:

It has been a problem for me since PES 2009, which was the first PES I played very often (my brother didn't give me that much chances to play the other PES series games, and we only had one xbox). But what I find really frustrating about this PES is that you can score easy goals with dumb through balls that pass between 4 defenders and they just see the ball passing 3 inches away from them and they don't even move. I just had to start selecting poor or regular teams against top quality teams, like Athletic Bilbao vs Real Madrid one of my first matches in PES 2010, and I won very easily 4-1.

They've made the game tougher this year, but it just takes me a little time to master the AI and just beat them easily, well, that's my case, do you guys find PES games hard?

They edit the attributes in the game to make the gameplay a lot a harder and more realistic. I found Top Player quite tough on 2010 with their OF and I'm sure this year's will be the same.

According to one of my Videogame Design Books, what is happening is that you are "GROK"ing the game. Grok - Yep, that's real terminology.

It has been a problem for me since PES 2009, which was the first PES I played very often (my brother didn't give me that much chances to play the other PES series games, and we only had one xbox). But what I find really frustrating about this PES is that you can score easy goals with dumb through balls that pass between 4 defenders and they just see the ball passing 3 inches away from them and they don't even move. I just had to start selecting poor or regular teams against top quality teams, like Athletic Bilbao vs Real Madrid one of my first matches in PES 2010, and I won very easily 4-1.

They've made the game tougher this year, but it just takes me a little time to master the AI and just beat them easily, well, that's my case, do you guys find PES games hard?

I agree with your comments about through balls, have you tried manual pass mode? I use it for through balls and most ground passes as a result the games becomes much more rewarding. Stats still have an effect so you don't lose the individuality aspect of the game.

if you want a higher difficulty just play ML with save-cheat-prevention, you'll really be nervous on key games and can't try again after CPU scoring a goal at the champions league final in a last minute corner. :LOL:

Lami, if you try not to loose a single match during a season, with what team do you play?
I have the feeling that people who complain that the game is too easy, always tend to play with very big clubs and all-star teams. Try a litle team and if you do transfers, take young, unknown players. If you have a star player and receive a bid from a big club, just let him go...that is realistic and on top of that a bigger challenge.

I haven't played PES for a couple of years until this installment, and can't really remember if Top Player is as high as you can go difficulty wise. Can you unlock a harder difficulty, or is this as hard as it gets? I tend to crush most opponents fairly easy with an average ML team offline, and online it lags far too much for me for some reason, so the joy of the game is somewhat gone after under a month. I tried starting a new league with a shit team (Lecce), but didn't really feel it.

Is it possible to unlock a harder difficulty? Anyone else finding Top Player far too easy?

I have written an option file with one of its major goals being to increase the difficulty and reaslism of the game.

I don't consider myself to be that great at the game, but playing as a normal team in the master league I would generally win the second division, then the win the cup and first division and then win the champions league in consecutive seasons and by the 3rd season, I would expect to win every game to the point the game looses its appeal.

I have made it so all games should be at least slightly challanging and good teams controlled by the computer win most of their games when their not playing me. I havent played the master league yet, but I was still playing last years up to october as winning the master league and champions league was still a challange each year.

When I set up a master league game I normally add a lot of the best teams to my division and leave a couple of big teams in other leagues for the champions league. This way the difficulty is increased again as I am playing against teams like Barca, Man Utd, AC Milan, Inter, Roma, PSG, Ajax, Valencia, Befica etc in the league and teams like Real, Liverpool and Chelsea in the champions league. I know this cannot be done now, but I think you can edit league structures in the dit section

I have written an option file with one of its major goals being to increase the difficulty and reaslism of the game.

I don't consider myself to be that great at the game, but playing as a normal team in the master league I would generally win the second division, then the win the cup and first division and then win the champions league in consecutive seasons and by the 3rd season, I would expect to win every game to the point the game looses its appeal.

I have made it so all games should be at least slightly challanging and good teams controlled by the computer win most of their games when their not playing me. I havent played the master league yet, but I was still playing last years up to october as winning the master league and champions league was still a challange each year.

When I set up a master league game I normally add a lot of the best teams to my division and leave a couple of big teams in other leagues for the champions league. This way the difficulty is increased again as I am playing against teams like Barca, Man Utd, AC Milan, Inter, Roma, PSG, Ajax, Valencia, Befica etc in the league and teams like Real, Liverpool and Chelsea in the champions league. I know this cannot be done now, but I think you can edit league structures in the dit section

Sounds good, man! When are you releasing it? :)

Back
Top Bottom