Anth's FC25 Gameplay Mod

Hi, I've seen the videos for your mod in FC24 and it's a complete game-changer. However I don't really understand how it works to get it. I see you have Patreon and two tiers (and not specially cheap, tbh). However I've seen how people says that with every new update your mod gets "obsolete" because they touch values that you then correct.

So, does it mean that if I get let's say the highest tier mod (almost 10 euros with taxes) when you make one of the first versions but the next month EA updates and breaks it, I need to pay again all that to keep it working? Because it's insane, your mod would cost me more in the long term than the game. I wouldn't mind so much paying 10 euros for a mod that makes this game really worth my time, but certainly not every month.

Hi, I've seen the videos for your mod in FC24 and it's a complete game-changer. However I don't really understand how it works to get it. I see you have Patreon and two tiers (and not specially cheap, tbh). However I've seen how people says that with every new update your mod gets "obsolete" because they touch values that you then correct.

So, does it mean that if I get let's say the highest tier mod (almost 10 euros with taxes) when you make one of the first versions but the next month EA updates and breaks it, I need to pay again all that to keep it working? Because it's insane, your mod would cost me more in the long term than the game. I wouldn't mind so much paying 10 euros for a mod that makes this game really worth my time, but certainly not every month.
Hey man.

So first of all, it's not necessarily that EA touch values and I need to correct them with each update. That CAN happen and is part of the process at times. Mods break with EA's updates in the sense that whichever mods you're using at the time need to be re-exported out to work with that latest update, or it won't work anymore. That's not a me thing - that happens with every mod and is the nature of modding. You can choose to keep your game offline if you wish and continue playing on an older title update.

Regarding my mod itself, it evolves and builds over time. Working with the gameplay files is an extremely long process and the Patreon support allows me to put in the time to make the mod better (and to grow it). It simply wouldn't exist to the level it's at without the support. I work on the mod every single day to make it better and to grow it. It's not a case where I just throw something together in the first couple of weeks and then keep charging people for the same thing - that's absolutely not the case.

For example, with FC24 my mod grew from a few isolated test versions, to a 'Full Gameplay Package' (second tier) which offers 20+ AIO standalone versions and over 180+ options to customise your gameplay. This is my own concept and no-one is offering anything close to that. Don't confuse this though, it's not popular because of the quantity, people enjoy it and I work as hard as I can to ensure the quality is also there.

For clarity, the original tier offers the AIO standalone mod latest version, and the 'Full Gameplay Package' is where the options and extra versions etc come in. It's entirely up to you how you want to go about it if you choose to join.

Of course you can get other mods, maybe for free, maybe quicker. It's not something you can measure simply because two mods exist that they're both of equal quality - that's subjective and down to the individual. It's up to you entirely how much you value what my mod can bring to your experience.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. I think the game feels better, but it's just wayyyyyy too fast for my taste. They seem to have done without the older slow-default-fast speed settings (or whatever they were), and just relegated it to the sliders for the different 'modes'.

Looking forward to this. I think the game feels better, but it's just wayyyyyy too fast for my taste. They seem to have done without the older slow-default-fast speed settings (or whatever they were), and just relegated it to the sliders for the different 'modes'.
I'm all over it don't worry ;)

I think the removal of the paces are actually a really good thing. They created way too many issues and what most people don't realise is that a large majority of the changes were just slider changes anyway.

I'm all over it don't worry ;)

I think the removal of the paces are actually a really good thing. They created way too many issues and what most people don't realise is that a large majority of the changes were just slider changes anyway.
I know it's incredibly early, but what's the status of modding this so far based on what we know from the beta, do soe of you modders have access to an editing tool or something or does the FC24 Editor allow you access some FC25 files?

I know it's incredibly early, but what's the status of modding this so far based on what we know from the beta, do soe of you modders have access to an editing tool or something or does the FC24 Editor allow you access some FC25 files?
Seems Paul is quick again like last year. Played some Games via my EA Play Pro Membership today and loaded the Game into Paul´s Tool. Read only was marked at the top line in the tool. When @Paul-v updated his tool than it starts I guess. I was able to read and find the Games structure as well as usual. A compile Game section is also marked and can be pushed in the tool. Maybe Paul can answer your question in depth.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/v-paulv2k4-fc25-mods-gameplay-career-tools.99126/

Tested today FC 25 in some friendly Matches. For a first early access release I can´t say the Game is as worth as I read ongoing in the FC 25 thread. I was prepared to see the ice skating Player animations right in the first 10 seconds of my first Game. But fortunetly it was between ok and only "yes, some shitty animations" are still remain. But not that bad as I saw in some YT Videos before.
I had the feeling EA have really done something related to Player collisions/Physics. I really saw some battles for the ball which was diffenrent from Fc 24. I wouldn´t carve that in stone that EA keeps or enhance that Point of the Game in future Updates. Let´s see.
What I don´t like (Played 2x7 Minutes, World Class, all sliders at 50 and regular speed) was, when I played with Bayern than Harry Kane sprints on the Ball like CR7 in his best times. Completly unusual movement for Harry. Too fast and in general it looks odd. I just hope EA don´t give animations all the same for Defenders and Attackers by leading the ball on the foot. But I fear it is that way. The ball treatment on foot of the Players is again too magnetic boots and ball behaviour. Unnatural. Will try to set the sliders for ball touch / First touch on a higher Value to see if this can be changed.
Related to the sliders I am really tensed if they have a little bit more impact than last season for a more individual GP. Will today fiddle around with sliders till we have a first Gameplay mod in the next days/weeks.
Ball Phsyics when weather settings to on are slightly viewable. Of course needs some more testing in more Games.
Early stage of the Game so I will stop refering about for now and go on with practice. But first impression when mods for the Gameplay coming around I am pretty sure the Game can be tweaked again for a satisfying experience this season? @Anth James

Tested today FC 25 in some friendly Matches. For a first early access release I can´t say the Game is as worth as I read ongoing in the FC 25 thread. I was prepared to see the ice skating Player animations right in the first 10 seconds of my first Game. But fortunetly it was between ok and only "yes, some shitty animations" are still remain. But not that bad as I saw in some YT Videos before.
I had the feeling EA have really done something related to Player collisions/Physics. I really saw some battles for the ball which was diffenrent from Fc 24. I wouldn´t carve that in stone that EA keeps or enhance that Point of the Game in future Updates. Let´s see.
What I don´t like (Played 2x7 Minutes, World Class, all sliders at 50 and regular speed) was, when I played with Bayern than Harry Kane sprints on the Ball like CR7 in his best times. Completly unusual movement for Harry. Too fast and in general it looks odd. I just hope EA don´t give animations all the same for Defenders and Attackers by leading the ball on the foot. But I fear it is that way. The ball treatment on foot of the Players is again too magnetic boots and ball behaviour. Unnatural. Will try to set the sliders for ball touch / First touch on a higher Value to see if this can be changed.
Related to the sliders I am really tensed if they have a little bit more impact than last season for a more individual GP. Will today fiddle around with sliders till we have a first Gameplay mod in the next days/weeks.
Ball Phsyics when weather settings to on are slightly viewable. Of course needs some more testing in more Games.
Early stage of the Game so I will stop refering about for now and go on with practice. But first impression when mods for the Gameplay coming around I am pretty sure the Game can be tweaked again for a satisfying experience this season? @Anth James
I thought it was a remarkable improvement in terms of gameplay. It's actually playable out of box. The pacing imo is the best it's been in FIFA and it feels realistic to some extent. I would firmly put this as the best unmodded Fifa game

I thought it was a remarkable improvement in terms of gameplay. It's actually playable out of box. The pacing imo is the best it's been in FIFA and it feels realistic to some extent. I would firmly put this as the best unmodded Fifa game
Are we talking vanilla placebo here?! 😂

Can only disagree. 16 unpatched and unmodded is still my favorite.

Hey man.

So first of all, it's not necessarily that EA touch values and I need to correct them with each update. That CAN happen and is part of the process at times. Mods break with EA's updates in the sense that whichever mods you're using at the time need to be re-exported out to work with that latest update, or it won't work anymore. That's not a me thing - that happens with every mod and is the nature of modding. You can choose to keep your game offline if you wish and continue playing on an older title update.

Regarding my mod itself, it evolves and builds over time. Working with the gameplay files is an extremely long process and the Patreon support allows me to put in the time to make the mod better (and to grow it). It simply wouldn't exist to the level it's at without the support. I work on the mod every single day to make it better and to grow it. It's not a case where I just throw something together in the first couple of weeks and then keep charging people for the same thing - that's absolutely not the case.

For example, with FC24 my mod grew from a few isolated test versions, to a 'Full Gameplay Package' (second tier) which offers 20+ AIO standalone versions and over 180+ options to customise your gameplay. This is my own concept and no-one is offering anything close to that. Don't confuse this though, it's not popular because of the quantity, people enjoy it and I work as hard as I can to ensure the quality is also there.

For clarity, the original tier offers the AIO standalone mod latest version, and the 'Full Gameplay Package' is where the options and extra versions etc come in. It's entirely up to you how you want to go about it if you choose to join.

Of course you can get other mods, maybe for free, maybe quicker. It's not something you can measure simply because two mods exist that they're both of equal quality - that's subjective and down to the individual. It's up to you entirely how much you value what my mod can bring to your experience.
Thank you very much for your very complete answer.

Don't get me wrong, I respect a lot your work, I know you don't just put some random values and release it, it's something that just watching videos you can notice, all the hard work and love to make it as close to perfect as possible. That's why I even consider getting your mod even if financially it's not the best moment for me (only buying the game is a really big hole in my finances), because although there are other cheaper or even free options, what I want is what you offer, a "professional" mod.

But what I'm worried is to lose it in little time. Yeah, maybe I could force it to keep offline (although I don't know if EA Play would let you do that forever) but I don't see that as any kind of solution, honestly, because the game will keep improving things (like winter transfers, new kits that are still not in the game and so on, besides stability patches and stuff) and when you put it on a balance, it's hard to let go all of that for one mod, no matter how good it is.

If I wouldn't have any financial problems I wouldn't mind to be subscribed and get every update and support you, you deserve it. But certainly it's not an option for me and if a one time payment will make the mod perhaps useless in a few months useless then I will have to renounce to it until next season when you have the final version and EA probably won't update the game again.

Anyway, thanks and keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to see how the game changes with your mod and I think FC25 has a better foundation, so looking forward what you can achieve with it.

Yeah felt the same way. EA have a way to make slower players fast for some odd reason. Thankfully it's easy to fix and make slow players actually slow.

Yeah felt the same way. EA have a way to make slower players fast for some odd reason. Thankfully it's easy to fix and make slow players actually slow.
Agree. Anth fixed that overpowered Player movement greatly in FC 24. So it will be fixed soon hopefully. I will test later to reduce the game speed to low just out of curiosity if it effects at least slightly the game speed. Did you played around with the sliders till yet? I feel currently if the Game would have Anth´s FC 24 tempo options from his mods than this Game could have a good chance. :))

IMO the default pace is a little bit too fast. I guess it´s the reason why many tall Players like Kane or van Dijk movement looks odd. EA seems to can´t let it go with the "more speed the Game looks fancy and more dynamic" for the FUT and online Gamers. I don´t know if you Guys saw the same in your first Games but somethings really changes to invisible legs and body whirling compared to FC 24. But it felt currently not finished. What is ok for me for an early release. Just wish it goes deeper and improved for future TU´s. Oh, and I can´t confirm high scores till yet. The defense seems on both sides to pay more intention where or what comes in their attacking area. Of course everything currently could be improved here and there.
My biggest fear is still when those TU´s coming along the way they destroy good parts which are great in a previous update but bad in newer ones.

IMO the default pace is a little bit too fast. I guess it´s the reason why many tall Players like Kane or van Dijk movement looks odd. EA seems to can´t let it go with the "more speed the Game looks fancy and more dynamic" for the FUT and online Gamers. I don´t know if you Guys saw the same in your first Games but somethings really changes to invisible legs and body whirling compared to FC 24. But it felt currently not finished. What is ok for me for an early release. Just wish it goes deeper and improved for future TU´s. Oh, and I can´t confirm high scores till yet. The defense seems on both sides to pay more intention where or what comes in their attacking area. Of course everything currently could be improved here and there.
My biggest fear is still when those TU´s coming along the way they destroy good parts which are great in a previous update but bad in newer ones.
Im not the best fifa player and i only play world class, but with 7 minute halves, ive only scored more than 2 goals in a game once (won 4-0) and that was when i was messing about with the sliders. And yes youre right about the TU. Theyve ever only ramped up the speed and made it super arcadey and fast which ive always hated. I wouldnt say the speed right now is perfect, i can see what you mean by it being quite fast but i found putting passing speed at 30 for user and cpu made it slightly better. I do like the animations and how the ball feels now. Ball feels a bit heavier when taking a touch and if youre not someone who spams skill moves like me, it does looks like players take time to take proper touches of the ball. I also liked the animations players have when shooting facing away from goal. As of the 10+ games ive played, the ai still tries sometimes to take those stupid 360 noscope shots, but they are a lot less accurate and they have good animations that make them looks very legit. And i mean this as a compliment to @Anth James here but the shielding and tactical fouls he introduced for his fc24 gameplay mod, it felt almost eerily similar in fc25. This includes like the heavier physical battles.

Sure, 16 unpatched is not reachable for newer footy Games in unpatched state.
Are we talking vanilla placebo here?! 😂

Can only disagree. 16 unpatched and unmodded is still my favorite.
HAHAH i only just understood what you meant by 16 here. and yeah i totally agree. went back to 16 a few months ago and my god its actually depressing how much the game has changed for the worst in terms of gameplay.

AND WE ARE AWAY!!!

Thanks to @Paul-v :WORSHIP:
View attachment 303590
hey master Anth and master Paul...amazing works from both of you two...we all are very happy and lucky to see more amazing works of the two gameplay legends and engineers...we will try to support the two big legends...btw do you or master Paul know how to make the "pitch" a bit longer and wider? which EBX files are they? maybe an idee?

Hi @Anth James. Been following your youtube channel for a while. I didn't have chance to play FC25, but from some videos on youtube I can see that the ice staking movement has been improved. Do you feel like it or it's just my placebo? If so, this year would be promising, especially with your gameplay mod.

Hi @Anth James. Been following your youtube channel for a while. I didn't have chance to play FC25, but from some videos on youtube I can see that the ice staking movement has been improved. Do you feel like it or it's just my placebo? If so, this year would be promising, especially with your gameplay mod.
It looks like it imo. Still happens but the animations help how it looks. If you go into the replays and zoom in you definitely see it but from your normal playing view it looks much better

i can confirm that they really reduced it , you can still sometimes feel it but surely not on FC24 default game level, they also improved overall body animations so the movement feels way more natural now, when decent modders like Anth balance the game/pace/animations i think it will be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom