Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

I really cant stand how it looks in motion. How they move
There's no argument the movement doesn't look great at times, but I'm honestly so bored with hearing that as the only analysis that's ever provided for FC24. I'm not saying it's the perfect game at all and I'm not talking vanilla gameplay, I'm talking modded too. This game can do so many things better than a lot of games that people have raved on about for years. When we talk PES 2021, it being modded is just assumed so I think it's fair enough to do with FC also. Yes the foot planting isn't perfect. It is massively improved when the controller is in your hand on this mod though, but that's not really even my point today...

The movement isn't perfect, everyone knows this - but we have to look a little deeper too. I'd love it to be better of course and I hope it is improved for FC25 as much as anyone else, but realism isn't only defined by turning circles.

This isn't directed at you either man, I'm just so sick of hearing the same thing over and over again. PES 2021 gets spoken about as some shining light of football gaming, like it is the 'real' football purists game, pretty much purely because it looks great in a video. It's such a superficial analysis of what is realistic. Some of these guys that are so fundamentally opposed to anything EA, they speak like they know football better than all of us 'simple' EA folk who just want 6-7 scorelines, when they themselves can't provide any deeper analysis other than the obvious foot planting issues. They'll play it for 15 seconds, make the same 'ice skating' jokes, pat themselves on the back and be back on their way to experiencing the same long ball to the striker, turn and shoot end-to-end games where you could be Man City or Boreham Wood and feel zero difference between anyone.

For me, as an example, if you could experience the difference between a super skillful winger and a big CB from the championship but it might come at the cost of less than perfect movement, then I'll take that over both of them moving the exact same way even if it's grounded. This doesn't mean that I don't want to see improvement in the area either - that's a mass oversimplification of it, but it shouldn't be ignored that you can actually get some proper player differentiation, variety, natural gameplay and really enjoyable/realistic games sometimes at the expense of that if you give it a proper chance. It can take time to adjust to certain gameplay mechanics, get used to the different game etc also.

I don't love modern PES, but I can still appreciate some things it does well at least, I'm just a bit tired of the condescending mentality that some of these guys have when the truth is so many of them won't even give it an actual, proper chance.

Rant over haha.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong i played FIFA 23 with your mod and had really good moments. I have been looking on this topic throughout the year and thinking about buying fc 24 and mod it. For sure it has good sides too that is why i look at it every year at the release hoping something will change. But when i look at the movememt i just cant... Its gamebreaking. I would like it to be different but it is what it is. Sad

Last edited:
There's no argument the movement doesn't look great at times, but I'm honestly so bored with hearing that as the only analysis that's ever provided for FC24. I'm not saying it's the perfect game at all, and I'm not talking vanilla gameplay, I'm talking modded too, but this game can do so many things better than a lot of games that people have raved on about for years. When we talk PES 2021, it being modded is just assumed so I think it's fair enough to do with FC also. Yes the foot planting isn't perfect. It is massively improved when the controller is in your hand on this mod though, but that's not really even my point today...

The movement isn't perfect, everyone knows this - but we have to look a little deeper too. I'd love it to be better of course and I hope it is improved for FC25 as much as anyone else, but realism isn't only defined by turning circles.

This isn't directed at you either man, I'm just so sick of hearing the same thing over and over again. PES 2021 gets spoken about as some shining light of football gaming, like it is the 'real' football purists game, pretty much purely because it looks great in a video. It's such a superficial analysis of what is realistic. Some of these guys that are so fundamentally opposed to anything EA, they speak like they know football better than all of us 'simple' EA folk who just want 6-7 scorelines, when they themselves can't provide any deeper analysis other than the obvious foot planting issues. They'll play it for 15 seconds, make the same 'ice skating' jokes, pat themselves on the back and be back on their way to experiencing the same long ball to the striker, turn and shoot end-to-end games where you could be Man City or Boreham Wood and feel zero difference between anyone.

For me, as an example, if you could experience the difference between a super skillful winger and a big CB from the championship but it might come at the cost of less than perfect movement, then I'll take that over both of them moving the exact same way even if it's grounded. This doesn't mean that I don't want to see improvement in the area either - that's a mass oversimplification of it, but it shouldn't be ignored that you can actually get some proper player differentiation, variety, natural gameplay and really enjoyable/realistic games sometimes at the expense of that if you give it a proper chance. It can take time to adjust to certain gameplay mechanics, get used to the different game etc also.

I don't love modern PES, but I can still appreciate some things it does well at least, I'm just a bit tired of the condescending mentality that some of these guys have when the truth is so many of them won't even give it an actual, proper chance.

Rant over haha.
Hi do I need to use live editor and mod manager to play or can I just play with mod manger?

There's no argument the movement doesn't look great at times, but I'm honestly so bored with hearing that as the only analysis that's ever provided for FC24. I'm not saying it's the perfect game at all and I'm not talking vanilla gameplay, I'm talking modded too. This game can do so many things better than a lot of games that people have raved on about for years. When we talk PES 2021, it being modded is just assumed so I think it's fair enough to do with FC also. Yes the foot planting isn't perfect. It is massively improved when the controller is in your hand on this mod though, but that's not really even my point today...

Rant over haha.
Just popping here to say I loved this rant and it’s bang on.

Hi @Anth James,

I have played the mod since V8 and Id just like to say thanks for making the game playable, the vanilla version is just horrendous as we know.

I play only career mode and occasionally i test the vanilla when i have reinstalled and refreshed and the difference is astonishing, we all know the holy grail of play is PES21 style its so fluent but you have done a fantastic job at getting this near PES21 style.

The career mode varies really well where teams and players really reflect their abilities which is just mad when you think where the vanilla is at where most teams will play like Barca on steroids or cup games against Grimsby you can barely get the ball!

I mainly play championship and try promotion to the prem, and the games are excellent , only scores like 1-,0-0, 1-1 with top 10 and re really exciting games.

lower level teams are 1-0, 2-1,3-0 kind of games it makes career mode so realistic.

The passing, the feel of the game, defending and flow of the match is all excellent and really competitive and realistic, which is all we ask for from EA but alas!

My only micro grips are the complexity of the new releases, I much prefer the AIO but I understand that a lot of people with love the ability to add lots of different options and have tried some but there are no real ideas about what to mix or whether things clash, albeit there is the read me's - it would be good if there were some templates created?

And the increase in Patreon, last time i looked i think it was around £7 (that might be a premium account) but its a big ask per month, if its still a couple of quid id say that's fair for what you have created.

But yeah overall I couldn't play the game without your mod, a lot of drive by users will come and slag it off and say this doesn't work , or this isn't perfect etc but there are many of us who would have got pissed off and stopped playing a log time ago so thank you.

Bison

Hi @Anth James,

I have played the mod since V8 and Id just like to say thanks for making the game playable, the vanilla version is just horrendous as we know.

I play only career mode and occasionally i test the vanilla when i have reinstalled and refreshed and the difference is astonishing, we all know the holy grail of play is PES21 style its so fluent but you have done a fantastic job at getting this near PES21 style.

The career mode varies really well where teams and players really reflect their abilities which is just mad when you think where the vanilla is at where most teams will play like Barca on steroids or cup games against Grimsby you can barely get the ball!

I mainly play championship and try promotion to the prem, and the games are excellent , only scores like 1-,0-0, 1-1 with top 10 and re really exciting games.

lower level teams are 1-0, 2-1,3-0 kind of games it makes career mode so realistic.

The passing, the feel of the game, defending and flow of the match is all excellent and really competitive and realistic, which is all we ask for from EA but alas!

My only micro grips are the complexity of the new releases, I much prefer the AIO but I understand that a lot of people with love the ability to add lots of different options and have tried some but there are no real ideas about what to mix or whether things clash, albeit there is the read me's - it would be good if there were some templates created?

And the increase in Patreon, last time i looked i think it was around £7 (that might be a premium account) but its a big ask per month, if its still a couple of quid id say that's fair for what you have created.

But yeah overall I couldn't play the game without your mod, a lot of drive by users will come and slag it off and say this doesn't work , or this isn't perfect etc but there are many of us who would have got pissed off and stopped playing a log time ago so thank you.

Bison
Hi man, thanks for your nice words. We can agree to disagree about PES 2021 though haha ;)

The price hasn't changed at all the whole time, there are two tiers.

You also don't need to use any of the options if you're not after those. The AIO standalone versions feature every single element of gameplay modded, just like my mods always have. If you just want the standalone versions then you can sign up for the original tier where you just get those. The options in the 'Full Gameplay Package' are there for those who want access to multiple standalons, plus all the options to refine and tweak. I've made the process simple, with read me files and recommendations etc in the download, but as I said there's no need for them if you don't want them :)

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong i played FIFA 23 with your mod and had really good moments. I have been looking on this topic throughout the year and thinking about buying fc 24 and mod it. For sure it has good sides too that is why i look at it every year at the release hoping something will change. But when i look at the movememt i just cant... Its gamebreaking. I would like it to be different but it is what it is. Sad
Mate, just by watching Videos and judging there the whole in depth developed Gameplay by Anth is by any means not really fair! It´s impossible to compare Videos with the real feel going on the Pitch with the modded Gameplay. I would say only from Videos if I was not sure if I should try the Game or not than this feels maybe a lil bit too easy made for. There were a lot of discounts for FC 24 in the last months, I myself purchased the Game for 14€ at Steam a couple of month ago. In summer sale there was recently again a discount. Anyways, when you like Anth´s FIFA 23 mod, you should have a little bit more confidence into Anth´s skills and by reading all the comments here in the thread that the progress Anth made for FC 24 is double the size than in FIFA 23. You still play FIFA 23? It´s also not perfect. So why not trying at least the free Version of Anth´s mod and judge than instead of writing 2 lines of comments about the only disadvantage left in modded FC 24. And that is nothing Anth can handle with it, because EA have their engine where those things get programmed.

No offense to you Mate. But you never played the Game when I got it right and commenting this Game in modded state without your hands on your controller is nothing I can understand.

Hi man, thanks for your nice words. We can agree to disagree about PES 2021 though haha ;)

The price hasn't changed at all the whole time, there are two tiers.

You also don't need to use any of the options if you're not after those. The AIO standalone versions feature every single element of gameplay modded, just like my mods always have. If you just want the standalone versions then you can sign up for the original tier where you just get those. The options in the 'Full Gameplay Package' are there for those who want access to multiple standalons, plus all the options to refine and tweak. I've made the process simple, with read me files and recommendations etc in the download, but as I said there's no need for them if you don't want them :)

Thanks for clarifying i must have seen the higer tier at some point! yeah and on the options It would be nice to have some templates if you know what i mean like mixtures of options that are a type of gameplay, probably alot more work for you so just an idea!

appreciate all the hard work. cheers

Full Match Example from V22: Extra Slow Version + Options

The options being used are:

View attachment 298938

mixed your preset from above and the one you had given me before and its the best yet for realism. The preset above i felt was a bit too easy to score but mixing the two seems to balance everything out perfectly. Including it below if anyone would like to give it a try.

FIFA_Mod_Manager_xDSClWSehI.png

Back
Top Bottom