Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

I think I know what you mean and that it's when controlling a defending player off the ball? There's a weird lock that occurs when you switch to a new player and you don't have control of them straight away and they're locked moving in a certain direction and it takes a second to "wake them up".

You can try setting auto move assistance in the control settings menu to "low" or "none" (I can't remember off the top of my head) but the other problem you get with this is that when you have the ball and pass to a player, they won't automatically run to the ball or run in the intended direction on a through pass, you have to control that so it's a duality you must consider.

It might be this actually. I think it annoys me the most when passing the ball before the player receive the ball. I will play around with settings.
Yeah these particular player switching elements are out of my hands unfortunately. There’s a heap of options in the settings that may help, but I’m not exactly sure the exact ones.

Last edited:
Hello @Anth James I have a question for you, I primarily play CPU vs CPU for my matches as I enjoy watching my team I built instead of playing as I get my fill on console for that. I know it may be a broad ask but do you have particular group of your modifiers that would you recommend for good CPU vs CPU play?
Hey man. Sure, it's a very difficult question to answer as you can come up with many, many variations and styles of gameplay depending on your tastes. CPU v CPU does create some differences, but I would give the recommendations from this post a try and see how you find it!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-eafc24-gameplay-mod.95655/post-4083468

You could also think about potentially trying the 'Ball Side' positioning option a try if you want more of a tighter midfield game (if you play longer halves).

Hi @Anth James , you did a great job at improving the gameplay. I am particularly impressed about the way the CPU plays and attack compared with the default game.
The main grip I still have with the game, and I am sure you already spent countless hours on it, is the way players move. It is particularly strange with the player I control. It feels like there is a magnetic field that prevent/brakes me from moving my player were I want. I don't know how to explain it better. I feel like I am not totally in control of my player.
I know exactly what you mean, it does not happen too often, but sometimes during the defending it seems like there is some kind of circle around the attacking player, that I can't go past through, kinda feels like during the corner, when you can't come closer than some distance to the taker and my controlled player simply trying to go around that circle, it stops shortly after it shows, but sometimes it's a bit annoing. Anyway, like I said, thankfully it does not happen too often.

Overall, playing on legendary with the V21 feels like completely new game, even if I play with just a base V21 without any additions to it - amazing job Anth :).

Hi @Anth James , Just became your subscriber, I always wanted to experience the game like a Manager (watch CPU play) , any option to make CPU use long pass and cross the ball from the sidelines more? thank mate !

Hi @Anth James , Just became your subscriber, I always wanted to experience the game like a Manager (watch CPU play) , any option to make CPU use long pass and cross the ball from the sidelines more? thank mate !
Thanks for joining! You'll see this improved even in just the V21 standalone by itself. You can also try the CPU Alternative options (V1 or V2).

CPU v CPU does impact a little bit of the behaviours just due to the nature of it, but explore the folders, read up on the information in there and you'll get a feel for the different behaviours/experiences as you play.

I know exactly what you mean, it does not happen too often, but sometimes during the defending it seems like there is some kind of circle around the attacking player, that I can't go past through, kinda feels like during the corner, when you can't come closer than some distance to the taker and my controlled player simply trying to go around that circle, it stops shortly after it shows, but sometimes it's a bit annoing. Anyway, like I said, thankfully it does not happen too often.

Overall, playing on legendary with the V21 feels like completely new game, even if I play with just a base V21 without any additions to it - amazing job Anth :).
I think what you're describing is the contain distance, which is part of EA's defending system. I have reduced this massively in the 'Contain - More Intense' Option. There can be some trade-offs with it, but give it a run anyway and see if it suits!

hi bro , i got some problem with the CPU pass , the pass lacks power and they Rarely use long pass , any option recommend ??
I see long passes and crosses regularly and I hear this often from people using my mod also, so not quite sure man? Have you followed all of the instructions? Deleted temp folder etc?

As I said yesterday, CPU v CPU is always a different balance of behaviours so keep that in mind also. All of the long balls in all of my videos are CPU doing them against me, so they’re there. If you want to change passing speed there are pass speed isolation options, just explore the folders.

emp folder etc?
I see long passes and crosses regularly and I hear this often from people using my mod also, so not quite sure man? Have you followed all of the instructions? Deleted temp folder etc?

As I said yesterday, CPU v CPU is always a different balance of behaviours so keep that in mind also. All of the long balls in all of my videos are CPU doing them against me, so they’re there. If you want to change passing speed there are pass speed isolation options, just explore the folders.
will uninstall the game and try it again , anw verry good mod and hard working mate!

I'm just leaving this example here. This is all CPU long passing and crossing from ONE MATCH.

In all of my videos, 95-99% of the behaviour you see is the CPU behaviour Vs me. I'm showcasing the variety in those videos of playing against the CPU. However, I wanted to provide an example of the amount I often see in just one match as it's getting a little exhausting answering the same questions over and over!

When people ask me about crossing and long passing, this is the type of behaviour I see in every match virtually. The exact combination is listed in the description of the video, however the behaviour is not specfic to this one combination, I see it even on V21 standalone by itself. For reference, this is on World Class difficulty (but I also see these in Legendary).

Remember, if you're playing CPU v CPU it CAN change the balance of behaviours a little - it's simply due to the nature of the CPU playing itself. It doesn't mean you definitely won't see this behaviour, as I often see long passing and crossing in CPU v CPU matches too, but it's just important to understand that it CAN change things a little.

There are variables of course that contribute to this such as stats, playing styles etc - but this is just an example of the particular behaviours I regularly see in my matches across a range of difficulty levels (yes, even on Legendary) and combinations.

Remember - delete your %appdata% / Local / Temp / FC24 folder when coming over to my gameplay mod!

Last edited:
@Anth James you are playing on Legend, right?
I noticed this CPU behaviour is way more noticedable when playing on Legend.
On WC CPU barely do crosses or long balls/shoots, thats a thing that happens way more on Legend.

@Anth James you are playing on Legend, right?
I noticed this CPU behaviour is way more noticedable when playing on Legend.
On WC CPU barely do crosses or long balls/shoots, thats a thing that happens way more on Legend.
No, this is World Class.

Last edited:
Mate, would you say that this list will be also applicable for Legandary difficulty? Or would you rather take something off to do not give too big of an advantage to CPU? For now am using it with Legendary, however am wondering if am not spiking the difficulty too much, woudn't like to make game unrealistic in any way :).
It will still be a good combination, just remove the attacking boost option as that’s more designed for lower levels.

Hey @Anth James! First of all: Congrats for this gameplay mode. It is known to be the best for ea fc24.

Second: In the video examples you constantly show, are you playing in manual? Is your gameplay mod designed for players that use full manual? Or it doesnt even make a difference if its manual or assisted?

Third: Can your mod be joined up with eSim and FIFER? In what order (mod manager)?

Thank you and have a nice rest of the week

Hey @Anth James! First of all: Congrats for this gameplay mode. It is known to be the best for ea fc24.

Second: In the video examples you constantly show, are you playing in manual? Is your gameplay mod designed for players that use full manual? Or it doesnt even make a difference if its manual or assisted?

Third: Can your mod be joined up with eSim and FIFER? In what order (mod manager)?

Thank you and have a nice rest of the week
Thanks man, much appreciated!

I typically play on semi, but I do sometimes play manual. There's actually some work in my mod to improve the manual experience too. Lately I've been playing all manual aside from ground passes and shooting. You can play whichever controls you like though, there's plenty of guys using the mod who play full manual.

Yes you can use with Esim and Fifer no issues. Just don't use anything gameplay related from anyone else. The order is not so important with other mods, but when using my mods make sure you read about the mod order in the download information. There's lots of guides, information etc to explore in there, so make sure you have a read to get familiar with how things work/which options you might want to use etc.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks man, much appreciated!

I typically play on semi, but I do sometimes play manual. There's actually some work in my mod to improve the manual experience too. Lately I've been playing all manual aside from ground passes and shooting. You can play whichever controls you like though, there's plenty of guys using the mod who play full manual.

Yes you can use with Esim and Fifer no issues. Just don't use anything gameplay related from anyone else. The order is not so important with other mods, but when using my mods make sure you read about the mod order in the download information. There's lots of guides, information etc to explore in there, so make sure you have a read to get familiar with how things work/which options you might want to use etc.

Hope you enjoy!
Thanks for the quick response and clarification. I just got in, in your patreon, to try the gameplay mod in it's full experience. I'll try it with full manual controls and give you a feedback, if you wish.

Alright! I will try to add those 3 main modes (eSim, FIFER and Anth's Gameplay) and your extras. Hope I don't get into much trouble with that. And before, I'll have some reading on all your mods, to make sure I choose a good combination of them.

Thank you very much for all the time you've put into this.

Same to me. I really love the regular Version of v.21 without Options. Everytime I add some options the Game always plays well, but after a while I get back to regular which is just complete and awesome for me to play.

will uninstall the game and try it again , anw verry good mod and hard working mate!
Sksks happened to me too. Accidentally launched the game online ONCE and it screwed up the mod. Red cards would fly out in the first 5 mins of every game and even though I was playing on extra slow v21, the pace was like it was on fast. Reinstalling did the trick

Hi guys!
I like the slow gameplay, with errors in ball handling, but at the same time I like it when players with good technique can quickly get around a defender by dribbling. But if I use parameters with mistakes, players with good dribbling often make them too. Is it possible to combine these parameters - slow gameplay, errors in players ball control, but that players with good dribbling, they make them less, and felt their better possession of the ball. Thank you.

Hi guys!
I like the slow gameplay, with errors in ball handling, but at the same time I like it when players with good technique can quickly get around a defender by dribbling. But if I use parameters with mistakes, players with good dribbling often make them too. Is it possible to combine these parameters - slow gameplay, errors in players ball control, but that players with good dribbling, they make them less, and felt their better possession of the ball. Thank you.
Hi, are you saying this having already used my mod and particular options or are you asking in advance? To answer you, this concept is already part of my mod in every way where attributes matter, especially with dribbling - however, there are varying degrees of how this is applied for different reasons.

If you want the most extreme case, there are options in my mod such as 'Touch Error Alternative - Swing' which creates the biggest discrepancy between a high and a low rated players touch for example.

Love this counter attack starting from the defensive midfielder's steal the ball & Højlund first touch fool the defender
(CPU vs CPU Gameplay in Tactic view on Career Mode)

Hi, are you saying this having already used my mod and particular options or are you asking in advance? To answer you, this concept is already part of my mod in every way where attributes matter, especially with dribbling - however, there are varying degrees of how this is applied for different reasons.

If you want the most extreme case, there are options in my mod such as 'Touch Error Alternative - Swing' which creates the biggest discrepancy between a high and a low rated players touch for example.
Thank man!Anyway, V21 on slow really feeling like another game! Great work!

Back
Top Bottom