Annoyed with conceding from through balls? SOLUTION HERE!

bluchampblogger

League 2
6 June 2009
The solution is very simple. Play on ZERO passing assistance. That's it. That is the solution. No point in tinkering the defence line and their movement. The problem is not with the defensive line. The problem is with the pin point accuracy of passes and through passes (which is anyway unrealistic).

Don't worry. When you play on zero bars, the opponent AI also plays in such a way that there's more error in speed and accuracy of the pass.

The high line defence and conceding from through balls is not a concern for the people that play in zero bars.

In zero bars, the game plays in a perfectly realistic pace and the the whole game flows beautifully. It will be challenging to string even a few passes together but in just a 2 or 3 games, you will figure it out but you can never relax. Like PES, easy to learn, difficult to master.

ZERO BARS is the solution!

its true

ive played a few people on 0 bar who were clearly knew at it or not very good at the game because they kept trying crazy 40yard thorugh balls... i swept that ish out all day, it was easy for my defence to handle. definetly not a problem on 0 bar

Last edited:
Yeah if you play against a fellow human using 0 assistance, but his talking about the cpu, do you really think they program the CPU differently because your using 0 passing assist? I just don't see it

i dont either. but i dont really have a problem with CPU through passes anyways, if you block of their options they dont/cant play them

False report. Just tried turn it to manual instead 2 bar and it didin't affect cpu at all. Maybe you just happened to play against worse team when turned it to manual.

i dont either. but i dont really have a problem with CPU through passes anyways, if you block of their options they dont/cant play them

Me neither, altho i do play on 0 assist. My midfield and defence are very compact, barely conceded from these through goals. Switching around with the attack-defence level also helps quite a lot, but i'm quite certain 'nobody' uses this.

Me neither, altho i do play on 0 assist. My midfield and defence are very compact, barely conceded from these through goals. Switching around with the attack-defence level also helps quite a lot, but i'm quite certain 'nobody' uses this.

ive said it before on here but you need to cursor change to a midfielder and track back, or a winger and double up on the sides. get the numbers back, cut off the space

if you select a defender you midfielders wont really track back and help you out, meaning the opposition can just run at you and pull you in all sorts of directions... a really anooying thing is it can be hell trying to select your midfielders, like if you move the right stick in their direction, itll probably choose the centre back behind him instead. very annoying.

right stick changing should have 'depth' added. so for example, 3 players in a straight line, move it a little bit it should pick the 1st guy, move it more it should pick the 2nd, move it all the way to the side it should be the 3rd.

Last edited:
ive said it before on here but you need to cursor change to a midfielder and track back, or a winger and double up on the sides. get the numbers back, cut off the space

if you select a defender you midfielders wont really track back and help you out, meaning the opposition can just run at you and pull you in all sorts of directions... a really anooying thing is it can be hell trying to select your midfielders, like if you move the right stick in their direction, itll probably choose the centre back behind him instead. very annoying.

right stick changing should have 'depth' added. so for example, 3 players in a straight line, move it a little bit it should pick the 1st guy, move it more it should pick the 2nd, move it all the way to the side it should be the 3rd.

I almost never select any of my backline, not to mention all the scripting goes through cursor switch AND direction of movement (off/on the ball) Because of this i play around the scripting as much as possible by exactly what you say, using a MF and cutting out space, but the thing is.. in this game you 'need' to defend zonal. If you understand how to do it, you can keep tremendous shape and force them to the sides, into making errors etc

Yeah if you play against a fellow human using 0 assistance, but his talking about the cpu, do you really think they program the CPU differently because your using 0 passing assist? I just don't see it

When you play on zero bars, the AI's accuracy levels and error rates also somehow change. Try it yourself. I play on professional in 15-min games.

Er, I've played on zero bars since release and they still seem as effective as ever.

the only solution is to anticipate to the passer and try to cut the pass or change cursor to the last defender and run with him to way behind the attacker that will receive the pass.

you can keep tremendous shape and force them to the sides, into making errors etc

yes, but then u need to look at those painful attempts by the cpu, worse than the online noob rushers

they still cant match AI of ps2-engine, such a disgrace
its either spamming through balls or running straight near the outside line, only thing that keeps this fresh are the playstyle cards imho

the only solution is to anticipate to the passer and try to cut the pass or change cursor to the last defender and run with him to way behind the attacker that will receive the pass.

That's exactly what I do and it seems to work well.

Back
Top Bottom