and the defender can still stand under the bar

Valmighty

Conference
16 September 2007
it's been years (5 maybe) since konami allowed a defender to be controlled by a player in defensive free kick.

and most players put their defender under the bar so to neglect direct free kick.

the most annoying part is, no offensive player rush forward, they still stand in the same line as the defensive wall.

---

explanation:
in real life football, although it is up to the footballers and coaches where they stand, they never (or very rarely) put a defender more backward than the wall. why? to enforce offside. when the defender is more backward i.e. closer to the keeper, the opposite striker can rush/stand more forward because there will be no offside applied. and this condition is considered more dangerous than direct freekick.
in my personal experience, i've NEVER seen any BPL team put any defender under the bar except for direct free kick inside the penalty box.

Last edited:
lol dont be such a pedantic idiot, if a player wants to stand under the bar in rel life they can so they can do it on pro, such a stupid thing to complain about

lol dont be such a pedantic idiot, if a player wants to stand under the bar in rel life they can so they can do it on pro, such a stupid thing to complain about

idiot, do you even understand what it is about?
if a player wants to stand under the bar in real life of course they can, but the strikers also can rush forward. but in PES the strikers can't rush forward.

it's like adding a feature like punching your opponent in the face but the referee don't give a foul about it. in real life they can punch everybody, but nobody would do it except for valencia's navarro against inter. but if you can do it in PES without worrying about getting a foul i bet everybody would do it.

the fact that almost nobody pro stands under the bar proves how idiot you are

Last edited:
Next one insulting the other is banned, it stops right here.
Discuss by all means,but quit the personal stuff !

I find it funny when I put a player exactly under the bar and when the keeper jumps he crashes with that player, both of them fall and the ball goes in untroubled.

The lines of communication for this game have improved, but more on a marketing side. Game bugs and problems are still rarely addressed, even when the fanbase is asked to help identidy them.

it's been years (5 maybe) since konami allowed a defender to be controlled by a player in defensive free kick.

and most players put their defender under the bar so to neglect direct free kick.

the most annoying part is, no offensive player rush forward, they still stand in the same line as the defensive wall.

---

explanation:
in real life football, although it is up to the footballers and coaches where they stand, they never (or very rarely) put a defender more backward than the wall. why? to enforce offside. when the defender is more backward i.e. closer to the keeper, the opposite striker can rush/stand more forward because there will be no offside applied. and this condition is considered more dangerous than direct freekick.
in my personal experience, i've NEVER seen any BPL team put any defender under the bar except for direct free kick inside the penalty box.
The defender is near useless in terms of heading the ball off the line anyway. Tried it many of time when the computer has had a free-kick. Amount of times it's sailed in without my defender reacting is amazing.

Tried this tonight - put a man on the line. Computer hit a 1 mph floating free kick, defender took two steps away from the post and turned sideways to watch it sail past him. Ball dropped into the net about one foot off the ground, exactly where the defender had been standing. Goalie couldn't reach it because the defender had backed into the path of his dive.

Won't be doing that again.

i'd love if konami make the striker can rush/stand more forward because it will be no offside when poeple put the defender under the bar

Tried this tonight - put a man on the line. Computer hit a 1 mph floating free kick, defender took two steps away from the post and turned sideways to watch it sail past him. Ball dropped into the net about one foot off the ground, exactly where the defender had been standing. Goalie couldn't reach it because the defender had backed into the path of his dive.

Exactly. Always happens.

Weird, I'm able to clear it 90% of the times with Square.

Back
Top Bottom