Everton Thread

OMG 5-0! What happened to the old good Everton?
Your fans didn't deserved it. Really good to see you lot around Lisbon drinking and enjoy the city. :APPLAUD:

just look at our back four tonight:
GOSLING, HIBBERT AT CB WTFFF??!!, DISTIN AND YOUNGSTER COLAMANN (who really coulndt handle the pressure)

now, its almost impossible to hold a great attack like Benfica's with that back line...we had a good 1st half but the first 6mim of the 2nd were devastating, 3 goals...

im sure the story will be a lot diferent at goodison with yobo, baines, heitinga back at the defensive line.

also to mention we didnt have neville, arteta, saha...

btw, Di Maria cruised and pissed all over Gosling...

le_slbxeverton_0910_1736.jpg

:D

wtf happened to Hibbert over the past 2 years? I remember a few years ago when he was a solid full-back, ok he's always been prone to switching off and making strange decisions (my favourite one was when he ran away from Kewell allowing him to score from 25 yards, still don't know why he ran away) but he was still pretty good there and seemed to have a lot of potential, over the past couple of seasons though he's deteriorated to an average player at best.

wtf happened to Hibbert over the past 2 years? I remember a few years ago when he was a solid full-back, ok he's always been prone to switching off and making strange decisions (my favourite one was when he ran away from Kewell allowing him to score from 25 yards, still don't know why he ran away) but he was still pretty good there and seemed to have a lot of potential, over the past couple of seasons though he's deteriorated to an average player at best.

I agree with u, a couple of years ago we could say he was at least solid at defence, nowdays u cant evan count on him for closing down simple gaps on the wings(any RB/LB on the EPL can do that)... its really sad since he is a player with with lots of heart, great Evertonian(for all i know) and gives his best in every minute of the macth... unfortnatly he is playing Championship level for some time now, we should just loan him to Derby or someone else.... I think his downfall is related to his recent injuries though, everytime he is starting to get to a somehow acceptable level he gets injuried again, and has to start all over again.

Btw, that Kewell play was absolutly disgracefull, once again.

That doesn't make a bit of difference imo, he left a big open space for Kewell to shoot into, if it had been Finnan or Carragher on the ball then it'd be more understandable, but Kewell was well known for long range goals.

Just had a little look around and apparently Hibbert was the best English right back in the 2004-5 season according to the ACTIM index, since then he has been overtaken by several players, i know he had that parasitic disease but i'd have thought he'd have recovered fully by now, it seems like he never regained his form since then.

Although tbh Kolo Toure hasn't looked the same player since he had malaria, Marouanne Fellaini has looked pretty week since that illness he had in the summer, plus Hibbert was never a physically strong player anyway so it's probably weakened his muscle fibre which would make it difficult to regain full form.

Ah well, suppose that's why Moyes took a chance on that mercenary Lucas Neill.

Yeah! tbh he needs a boss who can get the best out of him I seen small improvement w/ Beckham`s style of delivering the ball and Moye is good at improving players of this caliber. He`s good on the wings and gr3at as 2nd striker.

I`m sure he`ll love the atmosphere not sure if he can handle not being pampered :shiver:

Im really fired up to see what Donovan will bring to the table... at the same time im really liking what Vaughan is showing in his comeback.

On the other side of things, Jo will be returned to City after traveling to Brazil without authorization from the club... wanker... its because of actions like this that brazilian players have bad rep.

I'm surprised Jo will be sent back, it's not as if you have a huge squad and can do without someone with the skill of Jo.

I'm surprised Jo will be sent back, it's not as if you have a huge squad and can do without someone with the skill of Jo.

Check the reports than(http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6973155.ece)... seems its pretty much done(at least is what im reading in most Toffee foruns)

I agree with u looking at the technical aspect of it... but at the same time i cant blame moyes since this kind of unprofessional behaivor is unacceptable imo.

I hope moyes can get past this and keep him though.. its nice to have a brazilian at my favorite club.

Last edited:
Looks like they're back to the Everton we know now, probably get a nice little run together and push for a European place, however hard that may be this season.

Good to see Saha scoring, such a shame his injuries affected his time with us.

Fellaini has been absolutly fantastic at the DMC role for the past month. Wouldnt be crazy to say he has been one of the best midfielders in the league latly... he has been dominant. I think Moyes finnaly found his right role in the team.

Back
Top Bottom