Everton Thread

I've said for ages that Fellaini's best position is the defensive (Makalele/Mascherano) role, Moyes has had him out of position for a long time and for a while he looked very poor.

He still gets away with murder every game though, he's too clumsy with his elbows.

Fellaini was bought as a DMF. Moyes never had any doubts about that.
But Everton had so many injured players that Fellaini had to play in a more offensive role.

But Everton had so many injured players that Fellaini had to play in a more offensive role.

That is what I thought as well. I remember him playing in DMF in the Belgian National team. Then Everton got him and played in the same position, until at some point they were out of strikers and played Cahill and Fellaini upfront.

Not only that, u have to also consider that he was to "raw" and "wild" to play in a full defensive role on a game to game basis last season, he would get a red card every 2 games...
Now he has more experience in the league and knows better how refrees behave in the EPL. Imo thats another big reason why it took this long for moyes to use him as a fully DMC.

I do not agree with what you say brunnoce...Moyes would have played him, Fellaini would have adapted very quick (he is an intelligen player who deliberately plays on the edge of what is allowed...).
He had the same issues in Beglium and adpated very quick too...

I do not agree with what you say brunnoce...Moyes would have played him, Fellaini would have adapted very quick (he is an intelligen player who deliberately plays on the edge of what is allowed...).
He had the same issues in Beglium and adpated very quick too...

Unfortanatly thats not what happened in England..just look at his card's record in this first 2 months or so at Everton, when he was playing at DMC/MC... after that(too many cards) Moyes moved him upfront. Im not saying that was the only reason, but one of the reasons.

Fellaini is still very raw, far from the finished article but his current progression is promising for Everton fans.

Listen to him now! before the loan back in Cali he said, "nah, I`m committed to LA that`s why I extended my contract "

Skysports said:
"If I look back after 10 weeks and say I really want to stay then maybe I can make that happen. If I say OK it was good, but I'm ready to go then I can go, but for now I'm taking it week by week."

Sounds like his perceptive has changed...

"When I was younger it was about me doing well. Me scoring, and me being the centre of things - but now I get joy out of winning," he said.

I`m impress with him and he will only improve here like Dempsey has..http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5868844,00.html

Shame about Dempsey's injury...it seems the season is over for him and he'll probably miss the WC too...i think he's a great player...

Everton play great football.

the league is competitive as hell...

still the result is best for everyone except the teams who played

Are there any bluenoses left on evoweb?!

Eitherway, hope you guys get the 4th spot. Would be great to have the 2 Liverpool teams in the CL.

yes that would be nice.. i think they can do it this season, + hope they help us win the title by giving City a hard time when they play against them. :P

will we see another one from everton?

lazio-+oh+noo.jpg

Everton played ok yesterday - some of the conspiracy theories doing the rounds are embarrassing.

So glad City won.

Thought they played well aswell. Did their best but didnt have enough in attack to get the 3rd goal. Dzeko's 4min. of lying facedown to waste time and slowdown Everton said enough about their effort.

Man, those Everton fans who rushed the pitch today after the 3-2 goal have never heard of karma. So glorious to see Bournemouth equalize after that

At least Lukaku stayed, but the 2nd biggest signings Everton made were Jet landing at airports only to return passengerless-empty.
Sissoko is more of a blessing and Perez is bad timing-unlucky.

Back
Top Bottom