Aliens: Fireteam Elite

ALIEN franchise is nice, but is it correct that this game is only coop? If it have a SP campaign I would buy it.

Looks like left 4 dead with aliens.
And why the hell they make a 3rd person shooter? Why not first person? That smells like pay amazing cheap 29,99€ for the one exclusive helmet ... and so on.

That looks shit hot! Just when i thought i didn't need to add anymore to my "still to play" games list :TTTH: please stop this temptation.

Looks pretty good, but seems strange to be only 3 man squads.
Also would much prefer it to be 1st person and not 3rd person.

Like all Alien games, will have high hopes but I am sure it will be a disappointment.

Looks like left 4 dead with aliens.

It is! Which isnt really a bad case imo to have a good working template

Looks pretty good, but seems strange to be only 3 man squads.
Also would much prefer it to be 1st person and not 3rd person.

Like all Alien games, will have high hopes but I am sure it will be a disappointment.

Yes i would have loved a team of 5 or 6 marines. But im not sure maybe not all the time the sessions would be full...on the other hand could have been done in a way like 3 is a minimum and 6 is a maximum and based on that the number of enemies increases if you have more guys on the team.

Im not blown away by anything in this video, it doenst offer much but it looks fine to me to go through once or twice.
This first mission look like 30 odd minutes long so one campaign is 90 minutes at worst i guess, with that the total game time is about 6-7 hours. But could be the missions getting longer later on as you progress in the game, especially if you are on higher difficulty.

And why the hell they make a 3rd person shooter? Why not first person? That smells like pay amazing cheap 29,99€ for the one exclusive helmet ... and so on.

I think its the left 4 dead template really and just to differentiate this from Aliens Colonial Marines. But i hope yes its not a 60€ game....

Last edited:
[...]

[...]
Maybe it could I also post on "things that piss me of" thread. But why they make a video from a new game to show us in-game scens with no in-game sounds the talking guys are to loud the sound from the game is to quite. Damn!

... :BRICK:

xenos-ign-burster-1614991650864-701x395.jpg

“Though they generally behave like Runners, Bursters are more dangerous. When slain, their bodies explode into a lethal pool of acid. The species they gestate within is not yet known, but likely indigenous to [REDACTED].” In short, don’t kill them up close.”
xenos-ign-drone-1614991650865-701x395.jpg

“Though considered ‘workers’ within the hierarchy of a Xenomorph hive, Drones are opportunistic hunters, known for their ability to navigate air shafts seemingly too small for them. Moving silently through the walls, they burst out to seize and maul victims before disappearing again.” In other words, kill them quickly before they run away, only to return and cause you bigger headaches later.”
xenos-ign-praetorian-1614991650865-701x395.jpg

“Among the largest varieties of Xenomorph XX121, Praetorians are extraordinarily difficult to kill, with a bulletproof armored head plate used for ramming charges.” Focus your fire or face the consequences.”
xenos-ign-prowler-1614991650866-701x395.jpg

"Prowlers prefer to leap atop their prey from close range, knocking them to the ground to be clawed or bitten. They can be easily distinguished from other quadruped morphs by their reddish, scalloped carapace.” Even one of these guys can be extremely problematic amongst a large group of Xenos.”
xenos-ign-runner-1614991650866-701x395.jpg

Runners are pack hunters, preferring to attack in large groups, who charge in at high speed to swipe prey with their claws. Runners also use a distinctive circling attack to whip foes with their serrated tails.” Shotguns might be useful against these beasts, given their speed.”
xenos-ign-spitter-1614991650867-701x395.jpg

“Unusually, Xenomorph Spitters prefer to keep distance between themselves and their prey. Though they have vicious claws and teeth, they dispatch most foes by projecting streams of powerful acid from glands in their mouths.” This is Dennis Nedry’s least-favorite Xenomorph.”

" There will be 11 types of Xenomorphs in Fireteam, and in addition to the above we also know about the Warrior and the Queen, leaving another 3 type of unknown Xenomorphs lurking in the shadows for us to encounter! And 20 enemy types in total, we’re sure to be fighting an interesting roster of hostiles come later this summer. "

There was a change in the title.
I think it looks alright, no horror of course really but could be a nice team based tps shooter if there's proper depth for customization and difficulty levels. Feedback comes that it might be a bit short on the other hand.

Game is released and getting some very average reviews.

Couldnt resist and i picked it up as i could pay for half of the price with a cupon.
It feels stiff and unpolished, the team mate AI is pretty dead and you get two synthetics as team mates who are just gunners, with no specific class so you are doomed to perform any tactics. But i feel like online it might be an OK game with the right people, not the best and not the worst alien game so far....but imo its a must play online. So if anyone is interested and undecisive, wait for a price drop.

Also...i know its not a big deal but the fact in the HUB the NPCs mouth doestn move while they are talking is VERY offputting for me.

Game is released and getting some very average reviews.

Ok i have played through the first mission(including 3 stages) offline, moving into the 2nd mission's first stage.
- And i kinda like the rythm of the game by now as its balls to the wall action where you always run out of ammo until you get the next ammo box, and i dont mind the main enemy type, the alien drones being so easy to kill because some other enemy types are really hard to get dispose of.
- Also you dont get credits so fast so its pretty hard to develop even on easy difficulty and dont even dare to try harder levels with the vanilla characters. The character customizations are pretty moderate but the perks, weapons are pretty in depth (for me) especially since you have to grind separately with each class in order to develop them.
- As for the AI being a bit clunky...i mean they are doing more kills than me :D just sometimes aliens can sneak up on them from behind easily and also it was bugging me at first that you couldnt give them orders (just simple ones like follow, wait, patrol etc.). But again about the clunkyness these are actually robots in the game so it makes sense they are not so sharp on the battlefield...and most likely they are useless on the 3rd difficulty level and above. I think one of the devs said dont even try to play offline on the hardest difficulties as there you need proper tactics with actualy people to tag along with.
- I think the level design is great, not just for gameplay purpose but for actually how they look, very varied and interesting. They stay very true to the lore and some parts have call backs to the previous games and movies. At least it felt like it.
- As for the lore you can collect logs during missions if you find them and in the hub you can get briefings on those from the NPCS, about history of the universe, lore etc and its pretty interesting and well connected to the existing universe...if you are into it of course.
- And yes there is a very thin story for the game but more like a marine mission story like the AVP games had. Nothing complex with characters etc.

Still i would say it might not worth the full price if you are not a huge aliens fan and of course its not a next gen game at all.

Back
Top Bottom