Alien: Isolation - PS4,XBO,PC,PS3,XB360

do you need a lot of patience.

I got to the area with the first bad guys when u open that door to the big room, ull know what im on about, 1st real main encounter with enemies.

I walk about the room and upstairs etc not sure where to go and keep dieing..i just gave up...seems so much stress i can put on bf or pes etc and have instant fun...this game needs persevernce and hard work

Don't know how much patience you need, but just make sure you put away any sharp objects and rope if your going to start playing... The first hour of the game is without doubt the most boring experience of my life, at this point I turned it off and never played again, but it MUST get better.

Don't know how much patience you need, but just make sure you put away any sharp objects and rope if your going to start playing... The first hour of the game is without doubt the most boring experience of my life, at this point I turned it off and never played again, but it MUST get better.

It was ok it set the scene...now i have to deal with enemies and keep dieing its more annoying lol..

Seems its a game of repetition learning? rather than pure gameplay?

You get an area try to suss it out, then die, replay the area and avoid previous death but die again, replay avoid previous 2 deaths then die again then replay finally get to next checkpoint

Is this really the case?

not at all, since besides the humans the game is random and deaths are random. what are you talking about is more like the other popular games nowdays, where you get something scripted event in your face just to kill you after you battled through something after 20 times, like Uncharted or Last of Us.

however im not denying that in the end the game is a real bitch :D ..yet one of my mates went through the last 2 missions without dying, and i died 12 times at some point because in the end there are some scripted shits like you mentioned

Its £22 in Sainsburys. I keep picking it up but not biting the bullet. I dont know if I'll like it, and got a load to play I've ignored.

Is it actually good?

Headset on, lights down, set to Hard! It's the business
I don't wanna give away spoilers because not knowing when the Alien comes after you with avengence is part of the fun but it does get more "active" the longer you play it.

I just get the feeling there is gonna be minimal action just a game of pure sneaking about and sussing enemy routes?

you will have flamethrower(against the alien) and more kind of weapons against other threats but as for using them...watch out how much noise u make

Just started this, big Aliens fan so hopefully it'll be right down my street.

So far so good, although haven't bumped into the Alien, only met one person so far in the Space Station, so early days.

FD

ACtually thought it was okay. Did note on some comments that if you stay calm and back off from other survivors it'd be fine, but found everyone wanted to come at me.

FD

So, eventually completed this tonight (on hard) and I've got to say that I thouroughly enjoyed the experience.
Lots of tension, lovely lighting, awesome sound effects. Sure it's not an open world adventure but it's still one of the best games out for PS4 just now imo and for £20 you can't really go wrong

A great game with some flawed passages, specially when they insist on gamelpay sequences with the least interesting bits (andriods or humans). If they had done a director's cut with only the alien sequences and lowered down the rest it would be a masterpiece. Hiding from the monster, playing scared and trying to HEAR things around... it is an unparalleled experience. I wish they did a sequel focusing only on what worked extremely well.

A great game with some flawed passages, specially when they insist on gamelpay sequences with the least interesting bits (andriods or humans). If they had done a director's cut with only the alien sequences and lowered down the rest it would be a masterpiece. Hiding from the monster, playing scared and trying to HEAR things around... it is an unparalleled experience. I wish they did a sequel focusing only on what worked extremely well.

Read it back than the game wasnt intended to be this long(8+ and 10+ hours)to begin with. But since its a AAA title they added many fillers and you can feel it badly. The atmosphere, graphics, sounds are top tier even the alien itself. But after 6 hours of hide &seek and find the keycard to the next door gets really old, especially since there are no really deep characterdevelopments in the game who you might enjoy to come back to, its just the gameplay and atmosphere.

Btw if you are on PC you can find an AI behaviour patch for the alien, it supposed to make it random unlike the vanilla game which makes it be always around you.

Back
Top Bottom