Group C : Korea Republic, India, Australia, Bahrain
Group D : Iraq, Korea DPR, UAE, Iran

Tournament Quarter-finals
GYH2011012000020004400_P2.jpg

Group League
GYH2011012000010004400_P2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUBdYxdp754

Last edited:
Yeah I think it was a very good change despite it making it even tougher for my beloved Persians progressing to World Cups or doing well in Asian Cups. :/

The transition provided Asia with a very worthy candidate among the best teams and is good for Australia too as they are challenged and keeps them on their toes rather than facing the likes of Fiji!

Hi All,

How come you forgot Saudi Arabia 3 times Asian Champions ( 1982,1984,1996) 3 Runnrs-Up (1992,2000,2007), 2011 will be the 4th Championship
I do not think Japan will do any good in this Asian Cup ...

maybe Iran, Bahrain have better chances if Saudi Arabia where not in there best preformance :)

none of the below had a good history with the Asian cup as Saudi Arabia :

South Korea
Australia
Iraq
China
North Korea
Kuwait
Qatar

Last edited:
I hope to win Iraq or Saudi Arabia..
But ... the Iraq players level Lower than the 2007
I expect Saudi Arabia will take the Cup
Japan and Korea are playing well in Asian cup, but with Saudi Arabia has always lose..
but why not qatar take cup?:P

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Japan/Australia final, being the top two AFC nations, would make a good final. However, the Asian Cup is quite an even competition, so nothing would surprise me.

In Australia, there are many ideas of how we should approach the tournament, with one half with the view of we should use a young squad in preparation for the 2014 WC, while the other half believe we should go with our best squad (but also take some youth) and attempt to win it.

Looking forward to it, will get a good indication of the new manager Holger Osieck and how we play under him in competitive games.

Srry, this one defnetly is Japan.
But Japan x Korea in the final will be an amazing game, for sure.
This rivalry always gives good games.

2010123001002253800150491.jpg

Korea Republic Squad

Head Coach : Cho Kwang Rae

Goalkeepers
1 Jung Sung Ryong (Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma)
21 Kim Yong Dae (FC Seoul)
23 Kim Jin Hyeon (Cerezo Osaka)

Defenders
2 Choi Hyo Jin (Sangju Sangmu)
3 Hwang Jae Won (Suwon Bluewings)
4 Cho Yong Hyung (Al-Rayyan)
5 Kwak Tae Hwi (Kyoto Sanga)
6 Lee Yong Rae (Suwon Bluewings)
12 Lee Young Pyo (Al-Hilal)
14 Lee Jung Soo (Al-Sadd)
15 Hong Jeong Ho (Jeju United)
22 Cha Du Ri (Celtic)

Midfielders
7 Park Ji Sung (Manchester United)
8 Yoon Bit Ga Ram (Gyeongnam FC)
11 Son Heung Min (Hamburger SV)
13 Koo Ja Cheol (Jeju United)
16 Ki Sung Yueng (Celtic)
17 Lee Chung Yong (Bolton Wanderers)
18 Kim Bo Kyung (Cerezo Osaka)
19 Yeom Ki Hun (Suwon Bluewings)

Forwards
9 Yoo Byung Soo (Incheon United)
10 Ji Dong Won (Chunnam Dragons)
20 Kim Shin Wook (Ulsan Hyundai)

* Park Chu Young injured.

Last edited:
Uzbeks were vastly superior to the Qataris, totally dominating them. Maxim Shaktskish is still a classy player.

Only dangerous players for Qatar were the Latin Americans Fabio Cesar and Sebastian Soria - it's not enough to progress.

Yes, it was good and beautiful game. It is a pity that Qatar didn't manage to hammer not in one ball though they had some the good moments. Also the problem of Qatar consisted that they lost a ball as a result of inexact transfers much and after that received counterattacks on the gate. On the general game Uzbekistan has completely beaten Qatar. The first goal which was hammered by Akhmedov was simply magnificent on the beauty and most likely becomes one of the most beautiful goals of this tournament, well and in the second hammered ball are guilty only defenders of Qatar who haven't understood with a ball thanks to what Djeparov has easy sent a ball in gate of Qatar. More shortly, I congratulate Uzbekistan on a victory and I wish they of good luck in following matches against Kuwait and China. And Qatar needs to try to be rehabilitated in a following match against China, after all when you play native fields, it is necessary to show the best game and to please fans more.:P

I watched this match and I am suprised Uzbek's play. Qatar wasn't have many chance to win. Good opening of this Cup. I'm waiting for next matches. ;)

Djeparov is still a great player I see, he had a completely different pace and touch in comparison to all the other players. Nice celebration too :D.

Hmmm. Kuwait certainly on game didn't deserve such defeat, in my opinion he has deserved at least a drawn game. After all China has scored the goals as result of a ricochet and careless game of the defender because of which has been appointed by a such a dangerous free kick in gate of Kuwait, which was scored the second goal. Well, judging by this game, most likely Uzbekistan as will easily beat Kuwait also, as and Qatar, and China will cope with Qatar, is shorter in my opinion on go Uzbekistan and China, though everything can be.:P

Last edited:
IMO Kuwait didn't play weak. Before sent off Kuwait player they played better than China. China toke their chances and won. I waiting for Uzbek - Kuwait match. It will be great match. ;)

Back
Top Bottom