About Konami, we have to say this...

Emanuel

Portuguese
27 December 2006
Lisbon, Portugal
Real Madrid & Benfica
There are tons of posts about PES 2008, always saying bad things about the game and konami and so on. Tons of criticism.

I create that post to put a bit of justice.

Yes it´s true, PES 2008 has many issues. Since Etoo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Zlatan, to frame-rate, online play, bad keepers and so on... However we must remember that we´ve been playing these awesome konami football games for years... think about the time you spent playing this amazing PES Series. And then, you should also know that even Seabass (main creator of Winning Eleven) doesn´t like the game, and he is the first to admit that the game is not good as they wanted to... Not every Games director would admit such a thing.. and he does!! And the fact that konami is releasing patches is also good news. They know they blowed it, they´re trying to give us enjoyment, as they can. Some days ago, a PC patch was released, it fixed many issues. Yesterday, time to PS3 and xbox360 patches. It fixed many issues also. Is it enough? no.. there still exist some problems. But as they said:

"Konami will continue to look into ways to extend users’ enjoyment of PES 2008 and is still working on improvements" -> http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do;jsessionid=80D40F348E36DC86DB8AC20F3D26F62E?idNews=293

So... Konami created this great game we played for many years. This year´s version has problems and they admit it!!! Everyone fails, they failed, but at least they admit it. And they keep releasing patches to fix the problems. So I just want to say, thank you konami for giving me such a big and realistic game. If wasn´t PES I wouldn´t play any football game as FIFA sucks every year, poor game (and don´t tell me this year´s version is great because it isn´t, it just evolved a lot from last FIFA releases, but stills worse than PES). So I will stick with this PES 2008, and I will be optimistic for the future. I know konami will work hard as hell after this yera criticism over the game. Thank you for all. PES stills a religion here.

Sorry about my poor english, did my best.

they're just makin' excuses to try and please us, whining...impatient...westerners...
we'll be bitching when the first PS4,or XBOXxxx, or giga-core PC versions come out, because we'll be older, more impatient, and with even higher expectations.

I agree that everybody can fail and must have that right. But then, how could you have your conscience clear when you are charging us about 65€ for something that even you know is not working fine...

There are tons of posts about PES 2008, always saying bad things about the game and konami and so on. Tons of criticism.

I create that post to put a bit of justice.

Yes it´s true, PES 2008 has many issues. Since Etoo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Zlatan, to frame-rate, online play, bad keepers and so on... However we must remember that we´ve been playing these awesome konami football games for years... think about the time you spent playing this amazing PES Series. And then, you should also know that even Seabass (main creator of Winning Eleven) doesn´t like the game, and he is the first to admit that the game is not good as they wanted to... Not every Games director would admit such a thing.. and he does!! And the fact that konami is releasing patches is also good news. They know they blowed it, they´re trying to give us enjoyment, as they can. Some days ago, a PC patch was released, it fixed many issues. Yesterday, time to PS3 and xbox360 patches. It fixed many issues also. Is it enough? no.. there still exist some problems. But as they said:

"Konami will continue to look into ways to extend users’ enjoyment of PES 2008 and is still working on improvements" -> http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do;jsessionid=80D40F348E36DC86DB8AC20F3D26F62E?idNews=293

So... Konami created this great game we played for many years. This year´s version has problems and they admit it!!! Everyone fails, they failed, but at least they admit it. And they keep releasing patches to fix the problems. So I just want to say, thank you konami for giving me such a big and realistic game. If wasn´t PES I wouldn´t play any football game as FIFA sucks every year, poor game (and don´t tell me this year´s version is great because it isn´t, it just evolved a lot from last FIFA releases, but stills worse than PES). So I will stick with this PES 2008, and I will be optimistic for the future. I know konami will work hard as hell after this yera criticism over the game. Thank you for all. PES stills a religion here.

Sorry about my poor english, did my best.
Your English is way better than my portuguese,
Ok, if we are to accept all of those points, why did Konami make us pay full price for a game that is clearly not up to standard??...they should have told us its not very good and dropped the price from the start, and, i have played the pro evo series for years and loved it, i never liked fifa, but, i have got into fifa this year and enjoy it better than the utter crap that seabass has given us, he better sort it out next year!!

I agree good english. But thats all i agree on. The game was released in a awful condition and the patch to be fair has only lowered the standard of the game so it runs smoother. Thats pretty much the lazy way to solve the problem if you ask me. I feel like im playing pro evo 6 again. I havent played it much since the patch so i don't know the full extent of the changes but im guessing rediculous penalties and the crazy ref whistle are still on the game this year??? maybe someone can confirm that for me or not. However there are other things like the Master League! when in the world are they going to change it and make improvements on it?? they have had years to do this but have done nothing. So no im not happy with Konami but yes i will give them another go. But if the next game isnt any good im sorry i won't be buying from Konami again.

Konami said when the poor installement that was called pes6 on the xbox360 was released that the next version for the ps3 would be the real next gen version. Pes2008 clearly isnt! So i don't agree that we should go easy on Konami. Maybe it isnt Seabass his fault for this poor realease, because in the interview he said they had a too small team for multiplatform releases of pes. So maybe we have to blame Konami for pushing Seabass' team. But we are the customers, so we dont have to care about the production process thats behind the pes series. We want a game that works, because we paid a lot of money for it.
Releasing a patch that downgrades the graphics(very low res adboards, no anti aliasing on players, half loaded field), which almost makes the game look like a ps2 game is not fixing the problems. I call that compromising bad things with other bad things. Why can cod4 with the best graphics on a console be lagfree online, while pes with simple graphics be so laggy? Cod4 had some server problems when it was released, Infinity Ward fixed these problems within days!!!!
I bought pes mainly to play online, but i feel very robbed because its still not working a month after the release!

Last edited:
Your English is way better than my portuguese,
Ok, if we are to accept all of those points, why did Konami make us pay full price for a game that is clearly not up to standard??...they should have told us its not very good and dropped the price from the start, and, i have played the pro evo series for years and loved it, i never liked fifa, but, i have got into fifa this year and enjoy it better than the utter crap that seabass has given us, he better sort it out next year!!

no man don't play fifa ,its ugly and terreble.i just played 2 hours of it and uninstall it.i m playing pes6 ,i cant play pes2008 cause my computer will not support it.i play pes 6 on a laptop that has shared graphic card and play it on a 32"tv with high res.kitserver make it beatifull wit shoes balls gloves hair faces and all other stuff.this time konami fail but they get better for sure.i have this game since it was named ISS.

no man don't play fifa ,its ugly and terreble.i just played 2 hours of it and uninstall it.i m playing pes6 ,i cant play pes2008 cause my computer will not support it.i play pes 6 on a laptop that has shared graphic card and play it on a 32"tv with high res.kitserver make it beatifull wit shoes balls gloves hair faces and all other stuff.this time konami fail but they get better for sure.i have this game since it was named ISS.

2 hrs is not long enough, you have to stick with it and shake your pre programmed pro evo fingers. I was a dyed in the wool pro evo fan until now, hopefully pro evo will return next year, sadly, its crap this year, but, FIFA will improve yet again next year, it could be good for us gamers, we might get 2 fantastic footy games!!!

I agree good english. But thats all i agree on. The game was released in a awful condition and the patch to be fair has only lowered the standard of the game so it runs smoother. Thats pretty much the lazy way to solve the problem if you ask me. I feel like im playing pro evo 6 again. I havent played it much since the patch so i don't know the full extent of the changes but im guessing rediculous penalties and the crazy ref whistle are still on the game this year??? maybe someone can confirm that for me or not. However there are other things like the Master League! when in the world are they going to change it and make improvements on it?? they have had years to do this but have done nothing. So no im not happy with Konami but yes i will give them another go. But if the next game isnt any good im sorry i won't be buying from Konami again.
it's unbelievable! the ref is a whinner! for the smallest foul he whistle :(

and i agree that it is a lazy way to solve the many problems that pes 2008 has!! pes 6 was much beter dan pes 2008 especially the online mode, in pes 6 i loved the online mode. now i hate it so much!!

If you played FIFA on PC you're not playing Next Gen FIFA - it's the same engine as last year, only consoles got the new engine. Play it on XBox or PS3 and you'll see that it's not 'ugly and terreble (sic)' as you say.

Back
Top Bottom