A new ML/BAL sub-forum - Please read!

ryudek

blue moon 🌕🎶
15 September 2018
Hello fellow users of Evo-Web! Please read this post, it's important!

I've been a part of forums dedicated to create a new thread by yourself to show to other people your ML/BAL (in this case, these where FIFA and FM saves). But I'm not talking about a thread where you only post your YouTube video without any text. I'm talking about creating a whole story around your save. Let me give you guys an example with a Triestina Calcio Football Manager save by a user on FMSite, a popular FM Spanish community.

His presentation to the story was something like this:
4.jpg
3.jpg

There, he explained the story of the city, the passion for football there, rivalries, important people in the history of the club and more. Here's where you can explore your creativity: maybe the story isn't about the team, but about your coach. Maybe the story has some twists (you can create them, they don't need to be actually happening).

After that, he does an analysis on the players he has, the ones that will stay and the ones who won't. Whole stories on the news (with created graphics by him on Photoshop) showing their signings. Maybe show the pre-season, talk about how the team is doing, the young players that got their chance and could be having their debut in a few weeks. Maybe even those players have an story behind them.

Then the league starts. And the user created graphics to show us the rival, their best players, the fixture itself. Then, you could narrate the game, or you can explain it like an analist in only one long paragraph. You could even start writing an Excel sheet for the ratings on your players. You don't even need to narrate/analise each game: you can give us an update every time a month passes by on your save. Here's an example of a matchday fixture for this user:

2.jpg
1.jpg

Maybe you're halfway into the season, and the news are telling that you might get fired. Or maybe you're fighting for a spot in the play-offs, relegation battle of fighting for the league, so the news create more hype around the games when you're near the end of the season. Maybe the post where you show that match is longer, creating a whole atmosphere, because you lost your first game against them with a red card, so a rivalry is being born there.

I've asked Tom about the possibility of creating a subforum like this and he told me that, first, this needs a lot of support. They need to know that this will be used, a lot.

With this post I'm trying to encourage all you guys to start doing this! It doesn't need to be a real club, create it! It doesn't need to be PES2020, it could be any version. What I want to get here is that we all put more effort on this threads, for them to be more elaborate, more exciting, like that ML/BAL series you're following on YouTube by that youtuber you like.

Please, if you like this idea, throw a comment or a reaction on this post for the mods and @Tom to know that this is a subforum the users want.

Thanks for reading!

I like the idea itself. I tried to establish a kind of similar culture here on the Retro-PES Corner, though I personally never went as far deep as those FM players often do when creating a whole intricate world and story around their saves. I'd really like to emulate that culture on PES but even the ML Adventures thread has been for a long while mostly deserted. It doesn't help that the popular medium these days is youtube/streaming rather than the written word, which to me is a shame because writing is an art which shouldn't be forgotten. I guess that is why the people still narrating their adventures here are doing it on the Retro-PES corner: it's only natural that the "old-school" players playing old-school games would prefer the old-school way of showing their saves.

But maybe this is a concept that people haven't explored on Evo-Web, and the first couple of stories could motivate them to do it. I wouldn't say the writing scene is fading, since all the forums I mention are still very active.

I agree and will try and post both.

The videos also show part of the story
as i am on Season 4.

But please bear in mind i have never done a video before:(
Camtasia is easy for beginners and has some nice transitions and stuff. I suggest having music, maybe an intro? And a nice thumbnail. If you give me the context, I can do one for you :)

I love this idea.. why don't all of us who are interested in doing a little more in depth stories to our BAL Master leagues revive the Master League adventures thread or maybe we can create a text-only story based thread for our campaigns..

I like the idea of making it written text and screenshot based as opposed to videos. Why don't a few of us get together on this Idea? There are some nice posts over at the ML adventures thread but we could consolidate this by having a few of us create a small community to do this. :TU:

Last edited:
I totally support the idea.
I'm not saying that videos wouldn't be allowed in the subforum, but they surely must *not* be the main media through which the stories are told.

Definitely. There's just something about reading the stories as opposed to watching videos, to me at least it is more engaging.

Guys, my old hard drive crashed, had to get a new one and I've been off PES for a couple of days. I am just now getting all my edits and sider modules back. In the meantime, is there anyone else who is interested in this idea?

I'm definitely interested in this idea, it's exciting! I used to write a lot of fictional stories when I was younger and I'd like to dive into that again, so this would be a way to do that. Also, I think it would make my own ML experience much more immersive.
I've given this some thought already (which team, which manager...) and if I do have enough time, I will start a thread after the transfer window closes :)

Ok, so for now we have:
@jovic1901
@*aLe
@millossobek
there are a few people over at Master League adventures who might be interested in this too..

I think we should have a rule: only text/pictures allowed. Nothing against video, but there's a few of us who are looking for a different experience.

Tell me your thoughts guys :TU:

@millossobek I agree that it should mainly be text/pictures, but I wouldn't mind a short clip of highlights or of a really great goal or whatever, every now and then, maybe when you had a very important game. Or a small gif or something. That would be okay for me :)

It's great imo.

The perfect timing since I came up with ideas for creative PES 6 Master Leagues.

I deleted my option file for it, because part of the challenge is to play with the original OF, with no editing whatsoever (so yeah I'll have to stay with the unlicensed teams and players with fake names lmao). The only way I can use the edit mode is to create the crests for the clubs.

My plan is to pick an unknown team from any country (and even continent!) by creating their crest in the in-game editor and then create them in the "create a custom team" section. Then sign players exclusively from a certain group of countries. I have lots of ideas though, and well it might take a while to go through with all of them.

For example, some of my ideas are:
An african-players-only team with of course an african club (one of my options is ghanaian side Hearts of Oak), picking a club from the league of Gibraltar and build my team only with spanish and english players, and much, much more.
I don't know what ML I will do first but I can't wait.

It's great imo.

The perfect timing since I came up with ideas for creative PES 6 Master Leagues.

I deleted my option file for it, because part of the challenge is to play with the original OF, with no editing whatsoever (so yeah I'll have to stay with the unlicensed teams and players with fake names lmao). The only way I can use the edit mode is to create the crests for the clubs.

My plan is to pick an unknown team from any country (and even continent!) by creating their crest in the in-game editor and then create them in the "create a custom team" section. Then sign players exclusively from a certain group of countries. I have lots of ideas though, and well it might take a while to go through with all of them.

For example, some of my ideas are:
An african-players-only team with of course an african club (one of my options is ghanaian side Hearts of Oak), picking a club from the league of Gibraltar and build my team only with spanish and english players, and much, much more.
I don't know what ML I will do first but I can't wait.
Some good ideas we can use, there.
I'm remembering that also @miguelfcp (yeah I know he's not here anymore... Any chance we could do something to lift his ban? Just asking) came up with some interesting ideas in the Retro-PES Corner some time ago.

Some good ideas we can use, there.
I'm remembering that also @miguelfcp (yeah I know he's not here anymore... Any chance we could do something to lift his ban? Just asking) came up with some interesting ideas in the Retro-PES Corner some time ago.

Yeah, when I discovered this forum I read once the first posts and got interested.

My post joking about my goalkeeper being my top scorer was in a Master League I made following one of their ideas: I think the ML was called Kings or smth like that?

Hey bros do you think we should start the new thread?
@jovic1901
@valenpppp
@*aLe
@tolgakaplans
@ryudek
@millossobek

There's 6 of us for now.. My only concern is that the thread would be closed down like in ale's example years ago.. But I think now that we're a small group we could keep it open.

What do you guys think?

Oh and for the videos/gifs idea i would be ok with it if they are quite short (like a specific goal, celebration etc..) but nothing long..Anyway we'd have to discuss it further. :TU:

Last edited:
I won't be active for a while as I'm currently porting my unlicensed OF over from PES3 to PES6... But I'll surely read the threads and join with mine as soon as the OF is complete.

Wow, I'm glad my thread came back to life after a while! I still love the idea, I've put a lot of effort in other forums creating stories and it really is a lot of fun, plus it adds so much to the save itself to include little stories around, let's say transfers or players for example.

I hope more people get involved!

Awesome @ryudek bro! We're slowly but surely getting the ball rolling..
:TU:

Bros do you think we should start a brand new thread for this?

I'm thinking a few ground rules: text based stories of our saves, pictures welcome, short videos only if necessary and if they complement the story (clip of a goal, celebration, gifs).. :)

I remember attempting to create a couple stories like the one in the first post on the old pesfans website. They are really fun and can be a joy to read especially as it can sometimes be a quicker way for some people to get involved in a save. I follow some youtubers for videos on PES, FIFA and FM but don't always have the time to sit and watch a 15-30min video depending on the creator.

They can also be a way to get the community involved in the story by making them more interactive. I remember one story on the pesfans forum where the community created a club and members of the community were the players, and those members would create a back story and create plot twists to the story at anytime.

I would be willing to attempt to create a new story if this was to go ahead. It may finally give me the chance to create the club I have been wanting to create for a while.

My friends, millossobek here :TU:

I was thinking.. Why don't some of us get together and write to the moderators to see if we can create our own subforum for these ML written stories, like @ryudek said in his first post??

https://evoweb.uk/threads/master-league-bal-written-stories.87788/ I have written a lot of my stories here,, @damienferriggi has his own thread, also, etc..

If we have a subforum on this, each one of us would have our own dedicated threads, which we would update at our pace and time, and it would be so cool to follow each others' stories that way.. Not to mention easier to follow and comment!

What do you guys think?? I think it sounds like it could really work out! :) Please let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

I was thinking.. Why don't some of us get together and write to the moderators to see if we can create our own subforum for these ML written stories, like @ryudek said in his first post??

https://evoweb.uk/threads/master-league-bal-written-stories.87788/ I have written a lot of my stories here,, @damienferriggi has his own thread, also, etc..

If we have a subforum on this, each one of us would have our own dedicated threads, which we would update at our pace and time, and it would be so cool to follow each others' stories that way.. Not to mention easier to follow and comment!

What do you guys think?? I think it sounds like it could really work out! :) Please let me know what you guys think!
Agreed mate, much easier to keep updates on going on regular basis in our own thread. I'm in :)

Better call Sau... Ehm, I meant @Tom

I'd be all in foer the idea but it depends on how many we are. If it's the three of us I don't think it will be worth the effort, honestly.
If more people joined, though, it could be a good way to keep things clean and tidy.

Well, I think if we find a couple of more people who are interested in making their own blog/threads, we can talk to @Tom about it! I think 5 people are good enough for our own subforum, if we are sufficiently active, dont you guys think?
:TU:

Right now we have: @*aLe @damienferriggi @millossobek

How about: @slamsoze @ryudek @miguelfcp @Kaptan @jw7103 @jovic1901 let's get a few of us together and then we can try to make this a project, our own small corner of ML/BAL stories!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom